ESB Blaster Journey Doopy + T-Jay

Paine1031

Hi Everyone

I'm excited as I just started my ESB blaster, it took me a little bit to start. I have most the the parts that I need for this project I'm using a doopy doo resin kit and I ordered a broken down T-Jay kit. T-Jay was nice enough to sell me individual numbers for the item that I will need for the kit rather buying the full completion kit. So a bit shout out to him for that, also I mean he sent me candy and his trooper card! I also order some shapeways 3-d parts from Suitcaseprops to help fill in some pieces. Lastly I'm waiting for a scope from Bulldog and that has been shipped i'm just waiting for it to arrive. 

XN5h5Kn.jpg

Last night I decided to do some sanding here is a before and after of the parts.

kmPlJ9P.jpg

after sandng

TE5uvLV.jpg

I do have a question for everyone with T-jays kit there is the pvc pipe that is placed inside the doopy. Should I be drilling out these holes? 

XPAsVd6.jpg

Edited by Paine1031

So went down to my father in laws today and was able to use his shop. This was a bit help to be able to drill some holes in the folding stock and clear out the area for the bar on the under side using the drill press. 

I used the drill press to drill the holes working up to the larger drill bit. I was able to clear the last hole a bit more with the rotary tool. 

XmeSMfQ.jpg

Also able to get the small hole near the Y area so that I can place my 3d square printed part and the aluminium bar to be placed through in the future. I wanted to get this hole drill before I cleared out the inside of area as i wasn't sure how well the resin would hold if I drill it after

arlXRRq.jpg

Lastly I was able to clear drill some holes into the area I need to hollow near the front of the folding stock. I was able to use a engraving bit on the rotary tool to clear the thinner area of this. I will post a pic of the final area tomorrow after I file it a bit more

tGfcc8K.jpg

The earlier post I wrote very quickly and didn't get to add some details. This is my first time building anything like this and so far it has been great and scary at the same time. I have read a number of build post about the e-11 and armor builds. I will be pulling from those as I go, if I remember where i found info while I post I will make sure to link them. Most of the info is from the FISD E-11 blaster reference , of course the E-11 is more of a stripped down version. 

To my earlier question about drilling the holes, my question was to the pvc pipe itself. If drilled should i try to paint inside the pipe?

Edited by Paine1031
added

Hi Tina. Glad to see you starting a build thread here. :) Sounds like you ordered some cool stuff from Brian (@Bulldog44) and Chris (@themaninthesuitcase). This should make a nice blaster.

13 hours ago, Paine1031 said:

(...)   I do have a question (...) there is the pvc pipe that is placed inside the doopy. Should I be drilling out these holes?   (...)

This pvc tube is meant as a backfill behind the venting holes in the resin receiver. Just paint it black, slide it in and it will simulate your inner front barrel. No drilling required except for the spots where your scope rail and folding stock will lock in.

You are on a good way. :duim: Keep the updates coming...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Sounds like you ordered some cool stuff from Brian (@Bulldog44) and Chris (@themaninthesuitcase). This should make a nice blaster.

I really should have put a small profit margin on those :laugh1: oh well.  Enjoy your build :duim:

13 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Hi Tina. Glad to see you starting a build thread here. :) Sounds like you ordered some cool stuff from Brian (@Bulldog44) and Chris (@themaninthesuitcase). This should make a nice blaster.

This pvc tube is meant as a backfill behind the venting holes in the resin receiver. Just paint it black, slide it in and it will simulate your inner front barrel. No drilling required except for the spots where your scope rail and folding stock will lock in.

You are on a good way. :duim: Keep the updates coming...

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I had noticed in your build thread you used a stripped down marker that you inserted into the pvc pipe. Would a small pvc pipe work the same or should the top where it connects to the spring be closed?

12 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I really should have put a small profit margin on those :laugh1: oh well.  Enjoy your build :duim:

I must say I was really amazed by these. They will make anyone's build so much easier!

OK as promised here is some of the pictures from the hollowing of the folding stock. I do have some more to go on the inside of the stock as I need to clear it to the end.

XaUMrj0.jpg

Also the funky shaped area.....Last night after reading T-Jay's build thread again I realized I made the same mistake of hollowing to much. I will fill with "green stuff" later. I still have to clean this up a bit

RcEFV4K.jpg

I'm waiting to the end to do any repairs on the resin, as I learned quickly yesterday you just may slip with that tool. LOL So my plan is to get everything carved out, then fix and a water bath before painting but I'm still far away from that

That sounds like a good plan.

17 hours ago, Paine1031 said:

(...)   I had noticed in your build thread you used a stripped down marker that you inserted into the pvc pipe. Would a small pvc pipe work the same or should the top where it connects to the spring be closed?   (...)

Ideally the top should be closed. If you later have enough leftover material from item #15 (ABS stripe), maybe you can cut a disc and just glue that to the rear end of the inner tube.