E-11 Options

OneStrangeCyka

Well the first question I like to ask is, what's you budget? I personally use a Praetorian. Extremely high detailed yet made of rubber and a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion. Then you have what you've already mentioned right up to actual metal replicas. Pick your poison. Here's my Praetorian.

batch_20171029_162052-crop.jpg

batch_20171029_162038-crop.jpg

20171029_162204.jpg

batch_20171029_162058-crop.jpg

batch_20171029_162151-crop.jpg

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Hiya.

Assuming it’s for ANH, I’d check out:

Doopydoos
Praetorian Blasters
Quest Canada
Fieldmarshall
Imperial Warfighters
ShearTech

Many of these are on Facebook or you’ll also find examples of them here on the FISD.

Personally, I use a self build Doopydoos, modified with T-Jay’s kit. Check my signature for the build.
Here’s how it turned out. :-)

Dan :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also depends on what you expect in terms of durability. Pratorean's rubber blasters will just bounce off a cement floor if dropped, while doopydoo's resin kits are liable to shatter. Resin kits are more modifiable for further accuracy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Neb Sgird said:

It also depends on what you expect in terms of durability. Pratorean's rubber blasters will just bounce off a cement floor if dropped, while doopydoo's resin kits are liable to shatter. Resin kits are more modifiable for further accuracy.

Correct but 7 years of trooping and I've never dropped a resin/plastic blaster ;) 

Rubber is great but doesn't allow all the bells and whistles and the younglings do like a light and sound show :D

• Like 1

Correct but 7 years of trooping and I've never dropped a resin/plastic blaster  

Rubber is great but doesn't allow all the bells and whistles and the younglings do like a light and sound show
Precisely, which is why I'm installing electronics on my doopydoos as we speak

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Correct but 7 years of trooping and I've never dropped a resin/plastic blaster ;) 

Rubber is great but doesn't allow all the bells and whistles and the younglings do like a light and sound show :D

I've never dropped a blaster either but I've had youngsters rip my scope off when I had a plastic version :laugh1: 

• Like 1

Check “Sheartech” on FB - Excellent solid rubber blasters that you won’t mind the odd knock.

I’ve made a few Doopys kits and you certainly don’t want to give them to randoms to hold.

I’ve got an Imperial Warfighters ordered because I’ve seen it approved at Centurion out of the box and I needed something affordable and durable.

Good option for a very reasonable price.

My Imperial Warfighters one is an older version now, but still pretty good. His newer ones have a more accurate magazine amongst other improvements.

Below is my Doopys Vs Imperial Warfighters. :-)

6f1a1d703d5c0c14dfac3f86ffe21302.jpg
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

I'm still on the look out for ANH E-11 blaster.  Unfortunately Doopydoos has been out of stock for quite some time and my location will not accept fully constructed blasters from the US (because they look like guns).  In one way that's fine because I want to build a blaster kit myself, but in another way, it makes it harder to find a good E-11 kit option that ships to my country.  I came across this kit which looks pretty good and affordable:-

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/775750273/e11-blaster-hengstler-counter-a-new-hope?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e11+blaster&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&cns=1

Can this work for Centurion?  I'm assuming that some modifications are needed to make it more screen accurate, can it be done with this one.   I am open to any help and all advice. 

17 minutes ago, Shinyarmour1 said:

Can this work for Centurion?  I'm assuming that some modifications are needed to make it more screen accurate, can it be done with this one.   I am open to any help and all advice. 

Not as it is, need a lot of filling and sanding, you can see a lot of print lines

• 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

, also the scope and counter (not a full counter either) are not in the right position and that's just a 10 second look, research is the key, I would suggest comparing anything you find to those references in the E-11 sections ;) 

gin2.jpg.be2d6e0c246ddb26bb7c4933db8645fd.jpggun1.jpg.96432623dcc9823ecb4e17f518487f42.jpg

There's also this other one I found which you commented on recently.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:24 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Just having a quick look and there would need to be some adjustments made for Centurion.

Front holes on both sides of the barrels are incorrect in details. Also hengstler counter would need to be moved further forward.

By the looks of some of the pieces details it may be 3D printed as there seems to be lines on the end of the magazine and hengstler, any lines would need to be filled, sanded and painted

E-11_blaster.thumb.png.dee02a09cb4f7ca55213f62cb40d01fe.png

https://www.imperialarms3d.com/product-page/star-wars-custom-e-11-blaster-rifle-prop-with-functioning-spring-mechanism

What about this one if they ship to my location?  If it's possible to make those adjustments, like to mentioned above, would this pass at Centurion level?

7 hours ago, Shinyarmour1 said:

There's also this other one I found which you commented on recently.

https://www.imperialarms3d.com/product-page/star-wars-custom-e-11-blaster-rifle-prop-with-functioning-spring-mechanism

What about this one if they ship to my location?  If it's possible to make those adjustments, like to mentioned above, would this pass at Centurion level?

This also has a lot of 3D lines that can be seen, the counter is in the wrong spot, too far back, there is a lug/key which would also need to be filled on the right front of the barrel. The images are not very big so hard to see much of the detail but you can definitely see lines in a lot of areas.

gun1.jpg.6a6355009a9db3dc90a986cdda3fc377.jpggin2.jpg.dfaf14d916928954cd658df78ef20be1.jpg

Anyone purchasing 3D printed blasters or parts has to be wary of lines, it is a lot of work filling these lines, that's why you see so many people offering kits unfinished, if you haven't worked with 3D printed parts before I would suggest doing a little research.

Unfortunately a lot of suppliers recently of quality blasters have stopped supply for what ever reason, until someone comes along supply a reasonable product at a reasonable price it is very hard to recommend anyone.

I would advise having a look through other build threads and EIB and Centurion threads to see what other blasters people have been using, and always when looking at purchasing check against reference material 

I'll pipe up and add one for Hellhounds Props since he hasn't been mentioned yet. He's a bit newer and out of CA but makes one of the nicest rubber blasters I've seen yet - specifically, the separate, metal scope rail is a great detail many other rubber blasters miss. Praetorian is excellent as well, but currently out of commission after hurricane damage from my understanding. Both are US based.

---------

https://www.facebook.com/hellhounds.props/

• Like 2