Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

3 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Just saw this picture on FB today. Looks like D-ring is a thing again! 

Great catch. Been wanting to add one to mine, now I have an excuse to do so, 

By the way, is it me or does it look like the abdomen piece has been massively shortened at the front? It seems to be ending right near the lower edge of the chest plate instead of protruding upward like the TFA armors did.

Must have had one eyed closed when they redesigned that section. Pretty big difference from a slight angle to a dog leg cut.

ShgxKTd.png

5 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

By the way, is it me or does it look like the abdomen piece has been massively shortened at the front? It seems to be ending right near the lower edge of the chest plate instead of protruding upward like the TFA armors did.

Appears a lot shorter, could be for movement

89JxARD.png

11 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Must have had one eyed closed when they redesigned that section. Pretty big difference from a slight angle to a dog leg cut.

ShgxKTd.png

Again Anovos most likely based their cut off of Finn's specific armour. But they stopped halfway and omitted to also cut that raised, outer part of the forearm. This would be an easy way to fix the Anovos forearms by the way.

vlcsna24.jpg

8 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Again Anovos most likely based their cut off of Finn's specific armour. But they stopped halfway and omitted to also cut that raised, outer part of the forearm. This would be an easy way to fix the Anovos forearms by the way.

vlcsna24.jpg

That's great if they where sticking to supply TFA armor like the pre orders should have been but switching to TLJ it just doesn't cut it. 

Perhaps Anovos should take away something we often tell people here "research is the key"

Already seeing quite a few people adding in filler sections to those areas so not really a hard problem to fix, just more work on their "already to wear does not need painting armor". 

3 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Yeah, Anovos is clearly bending things the way it suits them best. At this point I'm almost just hoping for someone committed and reliable to get an Anovos kit and recast it...

And while they're at it recast Mimic, it puts Anovos to shame anyways right? :6:

Edited by ukswrath

And while your at it recast Mimic, it puts Anovos to shame anyways right? :6:

I’m not sure anyone’s ever received one of Paul’s kits in it’s entirety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just now, JAFO said:

I’m not sure anyone’s ever received one of Paul’s kits in it’s entirety.

All you have to do is replicate the process and the missing sections. I mean hell if we're really going to travel down and entertain the recasting idea why not. 

Ha ha, I don't give much at all about Anovos being recast. Given how they recast RS for their Stormtrooper OT armor, I don't think they deserve any kind of protection or support from our community. They have lawyers for that.

6 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Ha ha, I don't give much at all about Anovos being recast. Given how they recast RS for their Stormtrooper OT armor, I don't think they deserve any kind of protection or support from our community. They have lawyers for that.

Two wrongs don't make a right Germain

• Like 1

Well, you say that like you're actually caring or enforcing anything. Truth is I see recasts everywhere nowadays and no one seem to give a damn anymore. Just here few days ago, I opened and OT stormtrooper application with an armor acronym I didn't know and it was a RS or Anovos (they're basically the same) recast. Did I read or heard anything about it on FISD before, or even after? No. It doesn't seem to matter now, and am not even sure their are still people here willing to spot them.

But we're getting seriously off-topic here, so I'm just going to re-focus on the Ep. IX FOTK for now on.

We don't punish a new trooper for buying a recast armour, that wouldn't be fair on them.  We will not however condone recasting, allow sellers of recasts to sell here, and will heavily recommend away from them.  This hasn't changed.  

Do people come here with recast armour? Yes, we help them get the most of that armour with the goal of joining the 501st and being the best trooper they can.  Will we recommend seller? No.  There have been a number of recast incidents recently, but for the most part none of them have become a large seller which is a small victory and probably due to the effort put in by members here to direct new recruits to reliable vendors.

• Like 4

Well said Chris and I would advise anyone if they are aware of recasted armor and have proof/examples to forward that to the CS, hopefully more can be done, it's not up to CS to go through every build thread and application to make sure that each set of armor is from a vetted seller list, recasted or even 501st approvable, but we are here to help. 

• Like 2

Just on the Anovos RS thing, yes there was some discussion of this down to the parts comparison to prove it, but in the end that was an agreement between Anovos and RS so in that case its not recasting without permission and then attempting to profit from it in a dishonest fashion. FWIW they also did something very similar with their AT-AT driver helmet, then lied openly about the source and how they got the colour match etc. They are unscrupulous in their own ways sadly,

Germain, you are correct, we need to keep this forum on topic and about Episode IX Stormtrooper. Any more recast discussion should take place here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/50-recast-discussion/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
9CbCXaF.png&key=e79ce5bd1912b8f5e0e3ac25374aba86c08f35f9035a4782b0ef11f9d4bec050

That was a great shot from Entertainment Weekly.

Once again, confirmation that the same kits were used. That poor troopers shin overlap is pretty full on though!

Thanks for the images guys, I’m kinda getting excited with less than a month to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1