Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

Jet trooper is much better in red, maybe when I get done with the First Order Mountain Trooper gonna wait till after movie to pursue next costume, but in all honesty I should take a step back from all this costume building to focus on around the house projects.

I do have a feeling though Mountain Trooper is gonna consume most of my energy writing the CRL than making my case only to get fully rejected. But hey I'm set up for the worse lol, worse being I have a fun unique costume for Celebration

40 minutes ago, JAFO said:

8b1fb45ea468013de2260054bd0b1205.jpg

c3b7e4a6e13e17d002df0a818de5b9bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The knights of Ren, very reminiscent of the Seven Samurai. 

Be nice to see them have a good bit of screen time.

• Like 2

Hadn’t seen this ‘Pop’ before I saw it in-store today. Guess it confirms what we had heard about Jet Troopers launching from Tread Speeders.

e8e34f43c2eda97c29e739bedfea30ec.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not seeing any real changes that warrant a new FOTK CRL for 9 . I was hoping to find at least one little thing, maybe I still will lol

None whatsoever. As I’ve said for months they simply cleaned up and reused the TLJ kits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 11:06 AM, The5thHorseman said:

The elbow mobility cut may have become standard from what I see. 

That seems odd, it's not on any screen used TK. Only shown on the Disney ride and those are anovos kits that aren't going to people that paid for them when TFA came out

Edited by heartstopper85

9 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

That seems odd, it's not on any screen used TK. Only shown on the Disney ride and those are anovos kits that aren't going to people that paid for them when TFA came out

It's a different mobility cut. The Anovos cut, is extreme and based on a Finn's armor. The mobility cut for the ROS stormtroopers (and TLJ troopers too as I realized afterwards) is not as important but still differs to the original TFA troopers.

3010.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

It is seen on screen - on the Executioner! Sadly Anovos has over accentuated it.

5995b215bfffab989ec0a6c8cdf17570.jpg&key=3337d65fa11571d34f5f9a9df4c0a7d7b9e778ad6039c45e913516c39848769b

ba16addae76b06d614f4515f3d7431c5.jpg&key=ad2fff770baba6bae080bd757a6b8f56a1d4136f4f63b2e1958b112e9c4a1c68

Other than this example all standard TROS First Order troopers are per TLJ.

I must say there does seem to be an awesome array of weaponry coming in this movie, I'm definitely excited.

• Like 1

I must say there does seem to be an awesome array of weaponry coming in this movie, I'm definitely excited.

I agree!

I recall when I first mentioned the array of ‘mean looking new weapons’ back in a post in March.

I also recall getting caned by certain members for being fake news

12 hours ago, JAFO said:

It is seen on screen - on the Executioner! Sadly Anovos has over accentuated it.

5995b215bfffab989ec0a6c8cdf17570.jpg&key=3337d65fa11571d34f5f9a9df4c0a7d7b9e778ad6039c45e913516c39848769b

ba16addae76b06d614f4515f3d7431c5.jpg&key=ad2fff770baba6bae080bd757a6b8f56a1d4136f4f63b2e1958b112e9c4a1c68

Other than this example all standard TROS First Order troopers are per TLJ.

Don't be mistaken, these forearms aren't cut. They've been expanded by adding a vertical stripe along the seam where the outer and inner halves of the forearm meet.

As for the TROS blasters, I don't see what you guys are liking in them. They all look like junk to me, with all these oversized barrels.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The5thHorseman said:

Don't be mistaken, these forearms aren't cut. They've been expanded by adding a vertical stripe along the seam where the outer and inner halves of the forearm meet.

Nice catch

5 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Hopefully you'll be able to see them being used and not on the cutting room floor lol

Sorry to keep coming back to this topic but, I wanted to check and the executioners definitely do have the mobility cut to their forearms too. In fact if pay attention to all the troopers in the background it quite obvious that this cut has become standard for TLJ, and then TROS.

vlcsna21.jpg

But what's nice , is that once you know it's there you can even guess the expanding stripe along the back seam:

vlcsna22.jpg

So here's an interesting piece of trivia if you're doing an executioner and care about deepest accuracy: mobility cut at the front, and expanding stripe at the back.

Also here's some more troopers with the mobility cut. I don't know if it is already, but I think this might be something worth mentioning in the TLJ/TROS CRLs. Or at least for the higher levels of accuracy.

vlcsna23.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, The5thHorseman said:
Just saw this picture on FB today. Looks like D-ring is a thing again! 

------------------

Yup. Nice to see my screengrab doing the rounds

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021