Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

I'd personally like to join the FB group. Can anyone join?

I’m confused. Two days ago a strong threat was published by the FISD when mention of the group came up and now you want to talk about it openly here?

Let’s leave the FB group out of here shall we. That’s what was requested in no uncertain terms.

Back to trooper research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

I’m confused. Two days ago a strong threat was published by the FISD when mention of the group came up and now you want to talk about it openly here?

Let’s leave the FB group out of here shall we. That’s what was requested in no uncertain terms.

It was a fair question.  There are other people on this board who may be interested.

I think the issue here is I have asked to keep this thread back on track and drop this conversation.
Please can we get this back to usual programming, and refer your questions to Jafo directly perhaps in PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, JAFO said:

It also appears that above we were going to try and let bygones be bygones. I believe Tony is asking here because he was removed and blocked from said Facebook group so he feels this is the only place he can ask you to join the group. I am also asking to be able to join as well since I as removed and blocked. I asked Kevin about it and he is unsure why I was removed and I should ask you. 

It also appears that above we were going to try and let bygones be bygones. I believe Tony is asking here because he was removed and blocked from said Facebook group so he feels this is the only place he can ask you to join the group. I am also asking to be able to join as well since I as removed and blocked. I asked Kevin about it and he is unsure why I was removed and I should ask you. 

I’m not really interested in discussing the FB group here.

As someone who laboured hard to build a stormtrooper kit and join the 501st I earned the right to be a part of this detachment. I’m not breaking any rules or code of conduct with my activity within this forum. I post helpful information and support members in their build threads.

As Admin of the external group I have been very clear about remaining independent. We don’t answer to any organisation or it’s members. We don’t have to. There are no reciprocal agreements.

I hate playing tit for tat but if you’re asking me about blocked memberships perhaps Tony could take a moment to explain why he blocked me from the Anovos First Order Build Group last year. Seems like anyone can do it!

If you want to remove me from the detachment please go ahead, and provide me and the wider membership with the reason for doing so.

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I’m not really interested in discussing the FB group here.

As someone who laboured hard to build a stormtrooper kit and join the 501st I earned the right to be a part of this detachment. I’m not breaking any rules or code of conduct with my activity within this forum. I post helpful information and support members in their build threads.

As Admin of the external group I have been very clear about remaining independent. We don’t answer to any organisation or it’s members. We don’t have to. There are no reciprocal agreements.

I hate playing tit for tat but if you’re asking me about blocked memberships perhaps Tony could take a moment to explain why he blocked me from the Anovos First Order Build Group last year. Seems like anyone can do it!

If you want to remove me from the detachment please go ahead, and provide me and the wider membership with the reason for doing so.

PM sent

• Like 1

Gentlemen, can I request that any discussion of the group is done elsewhere.  This is a research thread.

If you wish to remain open and transparent about it by all means start a new thread (or I can split this one), though please remain courteous. 

• Like 5

So I saw one of the KB guys post this on IG just now.. not sure where he got this but it’s the close up of the guard I was looking for. Such an interesting character. Too bad they didn’t get more screen time like Snoke’s guards did.

b752e1bbd8e0137110bb9142dbb19a00.jpg&key=bfb598764e69ad85c54711bd52e45283fbcd580462010e4feda6b9627f9258e9

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krisko720 said:

So I saw one of the KB guys post this on IG just now.. not sure where he got this but it’s the close up of the guard I was looking for. Such an interesting character. Too bad they didn’t get more screen time like Snoke’s guards did.

Based on the timing and the layout, it looks like it's most likely from the Art of book for TROS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lucnak said:

Based on the timing and the layout, it looks like it's most likely from the Art of book for TROS.

Agreed

here is the opposite page, gleaned from social media

jogIQxf.jpg

• Like 1

I'm getting some serious tank driver vibes from some of those helmets, and while I love the tank troopers, I am not sure how I feel about a guard wearing similar helmets to them. The other designs however, I love. They remind me of Revan's helmet.

• Like 2

The cowl and dome are representational of the style of the original upper section of the helmets from RotJ.

10 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Concepts that look closer to the old helmet would’ve been better, ILO.

This is what I was thinking as well.  The one that made it on screen is nice, but all those other designs look cool as hell...

• 2 weeks later...

yeah me too... pre ordered it so just waiting it to arrive, these are always as good as the accompanying movie!

I wish there was more in movie Sith Trooper seeing these images!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There are several modelers working on these at present so there wont be a shortage of supply that is for sure.

Files are already available to print your own.

• Like 1

There are several modelers working on these at present so there wont be a shortage of supply that is for sure.
Files are already available to print your own.

I do like it. But not enough to build another character. I’d go Mandalorian or get better quality pieces to upgrade my Obi Wan.

I gotta get me one of those printers. Seems dangerous though. The ability to make things.. I don’t have the room to display all the stuff I’d wanna print!

• Like 2

• Sly11 unpinned this topic