Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

The folder contains pics of the F-11D. So many variables - black D-ring rather than white seen in TLJ, with decals/without decals, some with Picatinny light mount/some without.

Fun times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, JAFO said:

This guy appears to be missing the shoulder tab. Possible stunt kit? The performer takes a big dive a few seconds after this shot.

Or it's simply broken ;)

11 hours ago, JAFO said:

This shot again confirms the existence of the M5 dome head Hex bolt seen on the Picatinny rail since TLJ.

Wow, your eyes are better than mine :laugh1:

Great shots of the harness created for TLJ.

e5c09d579a0c58063a8261d2b992402b.png&key=2dd8b10b60a1987283efe87aa7ab8de4bc4d1b9073b64664dfc5acbc8405d22a6181c4f90812bc2265db2d6af3cfed2b.png&key=ae6ad7ec939590c7fd152a5b2426cb7d801df5d85933b41c68fe695603b7aeef

The buckles were molded in to the corset and the straps were threaded through. The tabs were real buckles that were placed in the molds and cast around. They were very strong and the areas around them would break before the buckles.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Great shots of the harness created for TLJ.

e5c09d579a0c58063a8261d2b992402b.png&key=2dd8b10b60a1987283efe87aa7ab8de4bc4d1b9073b64664dfc5acbc8405d22a6181c4f90812bc2265db2d6af3cfed2b.png&key=ae6ad7ec939590c7fd152a5b2426cb7d801df5d85933b41c68fe695603b7aeef

The buckles were molded in to the corset and the straps were threaded through. The tabs were real buckles that were placed in the molds and cast around. They were very strong and the areas around them would break before the buckles.

Looks like built in thigh garter slots too.

• Like 2

Looks like R1 buckets. Look at those vocoders.

Yes, they built one from the R1 mold and then created one piece fibreglass casts.

19 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Looks like R1 buckets. Look at those vocoders.

Interesting the bucket is R1 but the armour isn't.... look at those shoulder straps!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, andylah said:

Interesting the bucket is R1 but the armour isn't.... look at those shoulder straps!

Agreed. Even the rear strap ribs look like OTTK, no fat end as seen with some suppliers these days. Wonder if the bells have the swoops. Haven't seen one clear enough. Doesn't surprise me that Disney or LFL would mix and match armor components :6: lol

Yes, the armours appear to be of OT lineage. Possibly even from ANH lineage judging by this picture where the butt plate appears separate from the kidney plate. Also the chestplate looks way different from the awful FX-inspired R1 chestplate. 

vlcsna12.png

(BTW, it seems they put the kidney plate upside down! The notch seems to be facing upwards instead of downwards)

The top view of the abdomen is very much different from what a R1 armour looks like (not perfectly rounded, two pieces assembly w/ seams at sides, no opening at the back, ...) Also the arms are strapped in a perfect OT style, with no gap whatsoever between biceps and forearms.

vlcsna11.png

vlcsna10.png

And like Andy said, the shoulder straps are OT style and the backplate doesn't have any slots where they would fit in like R1 does. I'd say the only odd thing is the detonator in the first pic. 

In the end it could be that those armours were created using 3D scans taken directly from the LFL archives... Basically the way it should have been in the first place for R1. But that's enough ranting from my part already!

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 6:55 PM, JAFO said:

A gallery of TROS behind the scenes pics. It’s an amazing documentary.

One of the later images includes a link to an external source (a Facebook Group) that harbors open hostility towards the 501st Legion.  While the FISD community can certainly benefit from the photos found in the link, the 501st Legion (and its subordinate units) are under no obligation to provide bandwidth to other costuming groups, websites, or vendors.  This is especially applicable to a group that punishes members for referencing the FISD, directing traffic to the FISD, or actively bans FISD staff members.

These relationships exist in a reciprocal fashion, but the path to membership in the 501st runs through the CRLs, which are developed and maintained by the Detachments.  As such, there is no greater authority on costuming for 501st Legion membership than the Detachments themselves.

Repeat offenses will result in a temporary forum ban.  Should these behaviors persist beyond a ban, the matter will be referred to the LCOGs to determine merit for a charge of Conduct Unbecoming.

44 minutes ago, Dark CMF said:
One of the later images includes a link to an external source (a Facebook Group) that harbors open hostility towards the 501st Legion.  While the FISD community can certainly benefit from the photos found in the link, the 501st Legion (and its subordinate units) are under no obligation to provide bandwidth to other costuming groups, websites, or vendors.  This is especially applicable to a group that punishes members for referencing the FISD, directing traffic to the FISD, or actively bans FISD staff members.

These relationships exist in a reciprocal fashion, but the path to membership in the 501st runs through the CRLs, which are developed and maintained by the Detachments.  As such, there is no greater authority on costuming for 501st Legion membership than the Detachments themselves.

Repeat offenses will result in a temporary forum ban.  Should these behaviors persist beyond a ban, the matter will be referred to the LCOGs to determine merit for a charge of Conduct Unbecoming.

Open hostility to the 501st Legion is simply not the case. The 1000+ members of the group you are referring to are either members of the 501st, or striving to be members, and actively supported by group members to reach their goal. In addition, many members of the group are on 501st leadership teams. Passion for the 501st is strong, as is support for any costuming group members wish to subscribe to.

The photo gallery referred to has been shared with other detachment teams and none have raised the concerns listed here.

In light of the fears expressed and to save any further confusion I have removed access to the galleries.

If you there any further concerns please do reach out to me via PM. 

Edited by JAFO
Update of information
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JAFO said:

Open hostility to the 501st Legion is simply not the case.

For transparency, we've had recent complaints from individual/s that are members of the FB group in question that it continues to actively discourage members from promoting or referring others to the FISD, a 501st legion detachment.  This could be perceived as a form of hostility.

The FISD command staff does not discourage its membership from visiting other social media outlets so it expects the same respect in return ;) 

• Like 1

For transparency, we've had recent complaints from individual/s that are members of the FB group in question that it continues to actively discourage members from promoting or referring others to the FISD, a 501st legion detachment.  This could be perceived as a form of hostility.

The FISD command staff does not discourage its membership from visiting other social media outlets so it expects the same respect in return  

This is simply not the case. Just a few days ago a relatively new member of the group asked for build advice. I directed them to FISD.317a477ed923ca45617a10f32856c0e6.plist

32 minutes ago, JAFO said:

This is simply not the case. Just a few days ago a relatively new member of the group asked for build advice. I directed them to FISD.

Thank you for the update. 

I just want to take a second and address the issue as well.  For those of you who don't know me I'm Kevin Snow, and I'm one of the Mods at the page being referenced.  I also happen to be a very proud member of the Legion, of FISD, and serve as a GML with the New England Garrison.

I cannot think of anytime where I have discouraged or defamed FISD on that page.  FISD is a great resource, one that has helped me on several builds.  That said, the referenced FB group is independent of FISD - we're encouraging of anyone wishing to create a First Order TK, whether their goal is to join the Legion or not.  If someone engages me with an express goal of becoming a 501st Legion FOTK I have 0 issues with pointing them towards FISD.  If a person does not, I'm ok with that as well - that's their choice that they've made for their own reasons.  On occasion we've had people express that they've had less than positive experiences with the Legion, to which I've expressed remorse that their experience wasn't a positive one, and offer to help in any way I can.  Because that's what that page is about - helping, promoting and researching the construction of First Order TK's.

I'm not perfect, so it's possible that I could have said something that may have been taken in the wrong way.  If it's something I've said, my apologies. I count several persons in current and past Command Staffs as friends on social media, so please, if you have a concern or hear of one, reach out. 

Thank you for your feedback Kevin, it is appreciated.

As usual there is more than meets the eye with many situations, and we can only respond based off feedback received by members who may be in multiple external or internal groups.

It appears that rather than being sighted in external groups, most feedback comes through PM so generally there is no screen cap that can show such information from any group pages specifically.

Things also travel word of mouth from person to person, who may have been spoken with via PM or even voice call. These are the issues I guess everyone is faced with day to day, but when that information starts coming through in more and more cases, eventually somethings going to give and some kind of action gets taken.

I see this as a two way street of course.

I'm not a member of your group so I have no idea what gets discussed within it's pages, but I respect you coming forward and making a post.

Thanks for posting Kevin, though I feel you shouldn’t feel like you have to defend yourself.

I am aware of the issues the staff at FISD have with the FB group and these have been made aired previously on these pages.

My inbox - both personal and FISD - is also filled with PMs from various displeased staffers.

All I can say is the concerns are unwarranted as this post from March 2019 demonstrates:

cac0b16082fa594a4582b67c780867b5.png

There’s some serious real world stuff going on right now. Frankly this all seems so petty and pointless.

This is also supposedly a research thread so let’s get back to business or shut it down.

I agree Darren, lets get on with it.

If this is the line in the sand, and you feel you have issues with staff, we here hold no issues with you or your group, only members concerns.

In a move of solidarity for what ever may have transpired before with whoever, for what ever reasons, lets work together rather than the alternate.

You have always been welcome on these boards, reciprocate that with your group and lets do what we all love, and make peoples lives better with Star Wars.

If I can kindly request all members to only chime in on this thread with related information in research of the episode 9 Stormtroopers, that would be greatly appreciated by all parties.

Darren you may respond if you wish.