Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

I love how this photo has more then the actual movie lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole point was to create a sheer scale of troopers. They actually created in excess of 120+ kits for the production - many, many more than the FO troopers.

There were some big scenes filmed with these troopers and hopefully they’ll feature in either the touted Director’s Cut or the deleted scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

Just returned from a third viewing and there's lots of fun stuff to be caught when watching the FOTK scenes very closely.

There's a scene on Kijimi that is reversed, so the calf greeblies appear on the right leg. There are bendy cod pieces all over the place, a cracking thigh split as Poe et al escape the Star Destroyer, and then there is the case of the shortening TD end cap.

As you can seen from the pic below the trooper on screen right has the standard width black end cap (approx. 1in/25mm), whereas trooper left as a much shorter end cap. It's all black so isn't a TFA TD. Given the TD cylinder is an insert it looks like they were prone to getting pushed further in to the holder.

I spotted this issue a few times and it can also be seen in the 'Jedi Mind Trick' scene.
9c13665174372d41b6b42106953c3e24.jpg
Can't wait until late Match/early April for the 4K Ultra version.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

It may well be concept art but if we got Trevorrow’s DUEL OF THE FATES it would have been a darker First Order.

057f7f7e9de1e5e49a2a8de4f0fd1bd1.jpg&key=ec91c8657f1cd73c1c4033149a97237ad434ac1e58a877d51d3c2854e94eebe8

Source: Imgur

Phasma, like a cat with nine lives lol.

• Like 1

Kylo facing Vader as we have heard

IK9Ul53.jpg

And although not directly First Order, a potentially  touching scene from Trevorrow's version of DotF

ohY80hw.jpg

source of images Twitter

• 3 weeks later...

The Rise of Skywalker will arrive on 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD on March 31st. The home release will contain “over two hours of bonus material” including a feature-length documentary.

If you have a way to hook up to Movies Anywhere you can view it from March 17th.

I also read that deleted scenes that everyone loves to watch may well not be on this first release (Disk format,not digital download)

24 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I also read that deleted scenes that everyone loves to watch may well not be on this first release (Disk format,not digital download)

That’s correct. Screen Rant reported no deleted scenes or commentary. 

Perhaps Disney are keeping their powder dry for a future special edition release.

• Like 1

TFA was the same way, a bare-bones release followed a few months later by the 'special edition' version with the Blu-ray 3D and the special features and deleted scenes.

My guess is they are saving that content (and any potential director's cut) for this thing:

jcsCHrzQ.0.jpg

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 2

TFA was the same way, a bare-bones release followed a few months later by the 'special edition' version with the Blu-ray 3D and the special features and deleted scenes.

My guess is they are saving that content (and any potential director's cut) for this thing:

jcsCHrzQ.0.jpg&key=a281e9417cb5e73a44c61fb1d12144ecdbd215229945aa21acd354e7bda40d2d

The SKYWALKER SAGA box set is released the same day as TROS home release.

TROS extras confirmed as:

* The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

* Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.

* Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.

* D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.

* Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.

* Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!

Digital Exclusive:

* The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

2 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Waaaa! That stinks

1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

Looks like I'll be holding out

• Like 1

Yeah kind of disappointing but generally Screen rant have been pretty good with their sources.

• Like 1

Also according to reports from Screen rant, the new The rise of Skywalker comic adaption will feature deleted and extended scenes.

Looks to be a 5-issue run that will cover scenes not shown in the movie.

tnJ4Q7G.jpg

• Like 2

Also read a report from Gamesradar, that a new Star Wars movie, set on the Sith planet Exegol, is in the works
J.D. Dillard will reportedly helm this film so we could be in for more Sith trooper and Palpy

Also read a report from Gamesradar, that a new Star Wars movie, set on the Sith planet Exegol, is in the works
J.D. Dillard will reportedly helm this film so we could be in for more Sith trooper and Palpy

That was quashed pretty quickly.

ef0af0df84111d25e2765303ed20c3b3.plist

• Like 1