Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

I'm starting to lean towards the Black series style theory, as the angle at the end of the brow "U" gasket rubber looks to be very similar as opposed to the straight cut ends seen on the original trilogy buckets.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 7:47 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

removed

The armor in the lower right corner looks like it was taken straight from the Lucasfilm archives and carefully placed there to give us nerds some goosebumps. :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

The armor in the lower right corner looks like it was taken straight from the Lucasfilm archives and carefully placed there to give us nerds some goosebumps. :)

Makes sense since they probably know that we are picky on those details and are analyzing every single detail...

• Like 1

Confirmed as R1. Here’s the scoop...

“Production cast out a R1 classic helmet exactly as they were in film - incl. separate pieces - then created a jacket mould to make one piece fiberglass helmets for set dressing.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Interesting the armor next to that one still has the belt and TD tightly attached, skeleton must have turned to ash and blew away ;) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, T-Jay said:

I'm thinking the same

12 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Interesting the armor next to that one still has the belt and TD tightly attached, skeleton must have turned to ash and blew away ;) 

Or some animals extracted the dead TK from the armor since that material probably doesn't rot away

• Like 1

Coming into this thread late... did anyone notice any differences in the codpieces of any of the troopers?

I heard what I thought was a woman's scream when one of the jet troopers died, and there definitely were women's voices in the stormtrooper tracks.

The traditional male codpiece in stormtrooper supposedly is uncomfortable to walk or stand in, though some find it tolerable with practice (I would think it be like walking with a potato taped there...)

Armies are uniform so it makes sense that there is no real distinctions between men and women's armor (unless the woman is particularly busty, but it's the same issues as a fluffy trooper). But it would make sense that the codpiece would be different, since men's and women's pelvic bones are shaped differently. They did change it for Capt Phasma, afterall....

I also get that this will be lower down on everyone's priority list, but I just want to put it out on people's heads when they go for a rewatch.

Coming into this thread late... did anyone notice any differences in the codpieces of any of the troopers?

I heard what I thought was a woman's scream when one of the jet troopers died, and there definitely were women's voices in the stormtrooper tracks.
The traditional male codpiece in stormtrooper supposedly is uncomfortable to walk or stand in, though some find it tolerable with practice (I would think it be like walking with a potato taped there...)
Armies are uniform so it makes sense that there is no real distinctions between men and women's armor (unless the woman is particularly busty, but it's the same issues as a fluffy trooper). But it would make sense that the codpiece would be different, since men's and women's pelvic bones are shaped differently. They did change it for Capt Phasma, afterall....

I also get that this will be lower down on everyone's priority list, but I just want to put it out on people's heads when they go for a rewatch.

There have been female Stormtroopers in kits since TFA but this time they chose to voice them as well.

The code are same as TLJ. It was confirmed some time ago that kits from EPVIII were cleaned and reused for EPIX.

28 minutes ago, JAFO said:

There have been female Stormtroopers in kits since TFA but this time they chose to voice them as well.

The code are same as TLJ. It was confirmed some time ago that kits from EPVIII were cleaned and reused for EPIX.

While I'm glad that they were finally voiced this time, was just hoping we wouldn't have to walk awkwardly to be canon lol. Obviously someone in props dept called them out enough to tweak Phasma's armor, but all the grunts still have walk bowlegged

• 2 weeks later...

Tros related,  looks like we may get to see the full JJ version of the movie. 192 minutes long

Here is a link to one of the articles

http://www.sntstory.com/2020/01/02/the-192-minute-j-j-abrams-rise-of-skywalker-cut-is-coming-sooner-than-you-think/?fbclid=IwAR2Th8aAmhZ_gKy3gvjz0QL9xNRNhRB3ZMR-wIFLWmwRt0G-vog0X3vANE4

• Like 4

Would be nice to see all the intended scenes, hated how they cut the Han tie scene from SOLO, how he trained as a pilot and how he became a grunt, CUT, made no sense at all. 

• Like 1

Tros related,  looks like we may get to see the full JJ version of the movie. 192 minutes long
Here is a link to one of the articles
http://www.sntstory.com/2020/01/02/the-192-minute-j-j-abrams-rise-of-skywalker-cut-is-coming-sooner-than-you-think/?fbclid=IwAR2Th8aAmhZ_gKy3gvjz0QL9xNRNhRB3ZMR-wIFLWmwRt0G-vog0X3vANE4

Three hours and twelve minutes.. can you imagine? I would watch it. And so would so many others. Especially even if they released it as a DVD special edition only or even as a special event for theaters. It has the potential for extra revenue. But wow.. so much time could help with so much of the story, only if it was done well and was balanced for a good flow. I say bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Would be nice to see all the intended scenes, hated how they cut the Han tie scene from SOLO, how he trained as a pilot and how he became a grunt, CUT, made no sense at all. 

I think for reference, but man that was one awful movie. Not sure how it could be saved.  Then too, I to think TROS would benefit from additional footage...

Three hours and twelve minutes.. can you imagine? I would watch it. And so would so many others. Especially even if they released it as a DVD special edition only or even as a special event for theaters. It has the potential for extra revenue. But wow.. so much time could help with so much of the story, only if it was done well and was balanced for a good flow. I say bring it on.

Disney released other movies with extra footage, for the extra money grab, wouldn’t surprise me at all if they did the same with Tros. They like to break records :).
For those that enjoyed the movie, I’m as sure as you are they can handle more.
I concur, bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Daetrin said:

I think for reference, but man that was one awful movie. Not sure how it could be saved.  Then too, I to think TROS would benefit from additional footage...

Some of us enjoyed Solo :duim:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Some of us enjoyed Solo :duim:

Oh good it wasn't just me ;) 

I thought it filled in the early part of Han's life well, it wasn't a film for the public, more for the fans in my opinion

• Like 1

Oh good it wasn't just me  

I thought it filled in the early part of Han's life well, it wasn't a film for the public, more for the fans in my opinion

Same here.

There’s a good story line there with the rest of the film that could expand that time period in the universe. Han and Chewbacca met a lot of characters everywhere they went. So the potential for more movies is there.

I just think it didn’t do well in the box office because the average moviegoer doesn’t really care for Easter eggs or backstories.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Art of Star Wars - TROS

z8DwSXL.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 5:59 AM, gmrhodes13 said:
The Art of Star Wars - TROS

z8DwSXL.jpg&key=37c46322250d526ef68d5e69e91029c4994c531bada8208524a98979abbae4a4

Great to see this art starting to pop-up across Reddit and the Internet. Unconfirmed reports that the book may have been released in South Korea.

Great to see the original Tread Speeder concept and interesting to identify that the helmet was repurposed for another character in the film.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021