Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

3 minutes ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Yeah, just asking because this is a thread about them after all :)

Skickat från min H60-L04 via Tapatalk

I believe members have made CRL's based on a lot less info and images in the past.

Comes down to if you want something bad enough, you would spend the time scouring the internet and all avenues of resource for anything and everything  from as many angles as possible.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time its been done in the legion :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Does it exist enough footage for a crl though?

Footage as well as figures can be used for CRL's, we've seen CRL's made previous just on figures ;) 

Spec Ops wasn't going to approve any new CRL's until after the movie had been released so I'm sure work will be continuing now 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 8:01 AM, Harbinger said:

So Glen when does your build start? ;)

Definitely be building one in the future, but yes I have had my hands full of late, literally  ;) 

Oer7Fvc.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Are they meant to invoke the feel of clone troopers?

According to one of the latest videos about the stormtrooper, for the helmet design you are correct.

Just watched the film last night. Did anyone get a good look at the guards around Palpatine? They never showed them up close. It almost looked like a Captain Cardinal type character at first. Red suit and cape. Couldn’t tell if it was a trooper with a cape or another variant of a praetorian guard.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krisko720 said:

Just watched the film last night. Did anyone get a good look at the guards around Palpatine? They never showed them up close. It almost looked like a Captain Cardinal type character at first. Red suit and cape. Couldn’t tell if it was a trooper with a cape or another variant of a praetorian guard.

To me, it looked like they were wearing red capes but with Sith Trooper helmets, or something very similar.

I watched TROS last night as well;)

Edited by StarTrooper
Typo
  • Like 1

To me, it looked like they were wearing red capes but with Sith Trooper helmets, or something very similar.

I do love a trooper with a cape. Captain Cardinal is a favorite of mine.. but a Sith trooper armor variant would be sweet.

Like others, I was disappointed in the closeups of the Sith army.
The regular troopers did get some screen time, which was nice to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a variant. Very interesting hybrid. Part Stormtrooper, part Shore, part Tank, yet unique. Very interesting design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, Krisko720 said:

Definitely a guard variant, interesting weapon too

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 5:30 AM, gmrhodes13 said:
Definitely a guard variant, interesting weapon too

Ahhh! Yes, that’s awesome! They really needed a close up. That’s the best shot I’ve seen. And yeah, I didn’t notice that weapon. Looks pretty sweet. Would love to see some visual guide info on these fellas. Such a cool character.

1 minute ago, Krisko720 said:

Ahhh! Yes, that’s awesome! They really needed a close up. That’s the best shot I’ve seen. And yeah, I didn’t notice that weapon. Looks pretty sweet. Would love to see some visual guide info on these fellas. Such a cool character.

Visual dictionary should be out very soon, so hopefully we will see more then, there could be figures too ;) 

• Like 1

The wraparound cowl is beautiful... 

ab517f6a41bb1e72fce5187aac9f86be.jpg&key=840a39cfbabb6d99b0fae4808c6518c9a03895b49c7b9607c3b147a1e96fc89b

You and your super secret spy photos! Lol

Is that an extended brow I see too? Yeah sick helmet for sure.

‘Ok people, we need a new trooper. Just take leftover parts from all the troopers and see what you can do.’

• Like 1

Rise of Skywalker premiere costume exhibit photos 

Feel free to share and use as you like, but I would appreciate credit. JenEyre on the costuming group forums and JenEyreCosplay on social media.

https://jeneyrecosplay.smugmug.com/Rise-of-Skywalker-World-Premiere/Rise-of-Skywalker-premiere-costu/i-BVBr8Hz

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAFO said:

March isn’t that soon! Sad it was pushed back.

31st of March is the release date to be exact.