Episode 9 Stormtrooper research (Caution Spoilers Ahead)

Alay

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:17 AM, Sly11 said:

Sadly won’t be at SWGE any time soon, so will be waiting to see what other Black series 6” figs are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be ther in a month or so I'll get you one Andrew

• Like 1

We should challenge it I feel.

Would be great to have a new Stormtrooper for the last movie in the story arc.

My points would be

Looks like a FO TK aside from a couple of soft parts.

Is predominantly white, shares a similar helmet and upper body armour.

The vehicle is not a traditional speeder bike in the fact it looks land bound and jet troopers launch from it or drivers are thrown from it if it crashes.

Maybe Pathfinders are already thinking this is a TK not a TB?

I haven't checker their forums to see if they have started anything though so if i get some time later today, i shall do some research.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly11 said:

We should challenge it I feel.

Would be great to have a new Stormtrooper for the last movie in the story arc.

My points would be

Looks like a FO TK aside from a couple of soft parts.

Is predominantly white, shares a similar helmet and upper body armour.

The vehicle is not a traditional speeder bike in the fact it looks land bound and jet troopers launch from it or drivers are thrown from it if it crashes.

Maybe Pathfinders are already thinking this is a TK not a TB?

I haven't checker their forums to see if they have started anything though so if i get some time later today, i shall do some research.

100% agreed.  Just because it's on a bike doesn't mean Pathfinders is the right spot. It's clearly an FOTK with only the thighs being different.

Comic version is standard FOTK so could be a good push for FISD as an evolution costume of the rider ;) 

S0GaTYn.jpg

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, this may well go to ACD Thank you maninthesuitcase (Chris) for bringing this to my attention. In their mission statement it does say the words "in control of a vehicle" so if we want it, we will have a fight on our hands.

The vehicle is not a traditional speeder bike in the fact it looks land bound

They were certainly built as practical driving vehicles for stunts, and given the logic of the caterpillar track it stands to reason they “should” be land based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

They were certainly built as practical driving vehicles for stunts, and given the logic of the caterpillar track it stands to reason they “should” be land based.

Agreed, and this is certainly why the ACD, who only have 8 costumes will pursue it.

• Like 1

The reality is, which detachment is best able to support this costume?  It's pretty much an FOTK, and if this were to go to another det nearly all the trim/build/armor type threads - we have a massive knowledge base here that they do not.  

In the end, I think the people making the costume should have ultimate say though.

I don’t agree with the current way costumes are split based on story or political reasons to begin with. If it shares 75%+ with the FOTK it should be here IMO... but if it were up to me Shadow Scout and TB would be together and magma/shadowtroopers would be groups with white TKs.

3 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I don’t agree with the current way costumes are split based on story or political reasons to begin with. If it shares 75%+ with the FOTK it should be here IMO... but if it were up to me Shadow Scout and TB would be together and magma/shadowtroopers would be groups with white TKs.

Well, as you know the reason SpecOps existed is because there was no FISD at the time, so they needed something for EU TK's.  Had FISD been created earlier in the Legion's history, then BlackOps, etc. & Magma would be in FISD as they are just TKs with paint, and SpecOps would continue to have any non-base TKs.  At this point though the BlackOps trooper being the first ever costume in SpecOps and the core it was built around, I just can't see this getting changed anytime soon.

The RP is another example of a custom that would never have been created in any other year, and should die.

60ff815ba26b78a49800a6147f733a4d.jpg

Some new retail item images are doing the rounds.

We know they simply cleaned up and reused FOTK kits from TLJ but will be interesting to see if TROS features both TFA and TLJ kids as seen here. It’s quite possibly lazy art design.

A small update on the FO Treadspeeder trooper.

Armour base is First Order but with white canvas like material trousers. The shins and knees were all bench built.

The boots worn by the stunt team were a style of Alpine Star motorbike boots with plates, etc stuck on top to hide the provenance.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 4:23 PM, JAFO said:

748de1075d59e9820bffc04e3af81b4a.jpg

And from the left. Those gaskets are as ugly as the face.

*facepalm* I did not initially see this as figure's left arm, thought it was the right initially

so my first thought was "was this designed by some dude who has never actually seen the chest of an actual woman?"

carry on.

• Like 3