Stormtrooper costume

Hello Ty,

Check this thread out first:

and this:

You will find many information useful in the current section also.

• Like 1

Welcome!

Looks like you're starting like so many of us did:  "I want to be a Stormtrooper.  Now what?"

To get it right, you'll be building the suit.  The ready-to-wear "costumes" just are not the same quality, accuracy,etc. and really don't save you that much.  Decide WHICH Stormtrooper you want to be.  Old school original trilogy?  Clone?  First Order? 

Also, let us know where you're based so we can help with local suppliers and you'll get answers from others in your area.

This community is FULL of helpful people ready to answer any and all questions for you. We've all been down this path.

It can be overwhelming, so ask LOTS of questions and we'll be glad to help you on your journey.

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD Ty! You have an epic journey ahead of you and we’re here to help every step of the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD! Don’t be afraid to reach out to any one of us for assistance. Once you decide who to go with take the time to read, read, and read some more in the build thread section. It will give you a lot of insight into where to get started once your kit arrives.

Jim Moser
TK50899

Hello and welcome!  Looks like everyone else beat me to the Getting Started section, but they're right- that's your best bet for, well, getting started.  Also check out the Build Thread sections to see what others are up to and what you'll be working with.  Also as said above, feel free to ask all the questions- that's what we're here for!

• Like 1

Welcome!

Looks like you're starting like so many of us did:  "I want to be a Stormtrooper.  Now what?"

To get it right, you'll be building the suit.  The ready-to-wear "costumes" just are not the same quality, accuracy,etc. and really don't save you that much.  Decide WHICH Stormtrooper you want to be.  Old school original trilogy?  Clone?  First Order? 

Also, let us know where you're based so we can help with local suppliers and you'll get answers from others in your area.

This community is FULL of helpful people ready to answer any and all questions for you. We've all been down this path.

It can be overwhelming, so ask LOTS of questions and we'll be glad to help you on your journey.

You’re totally right.
I’m definitely an old school type of guy ops stormtrooper. Even though I also hav a liking to the scout troopers.
I’m originally from Gosport England but now live in Runcorn Brisbane.
I was definitely tempted by the “ready to wear “ outfit, but from the advice from everyone so far I’m definitely going to take my time and build my own.
Thanks for the help and if it’s ok I’ll keep asking for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome!  Looks like everyone else beat me to the Getting Started section, but they're right- that's your best bet for, well, getting started.  Also check out the Build Thread sections to see what others are up to and what you'll be working with.  Also as said above, feel free to ask all the questions- that's what we're here for!

Scout Trooper is cool, and on my short list (don't tell my wife).

4 minutes ago, Tythephantom said:

I’m definitely an old school type of guy ops stormtrooper. Even though I also hav a liking to the scout troopers.

• Like 1

Brilliant thank you

Welcome to the FISD Ty! You have an epic journey ahead of you and we’re here to help every step of the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you very much

Welcome Ty. It’s all pretty much been said above just know there are no stupid questions so feel free to ask anything

Thank you frank, I’m pretty sure my wife would say you’re wrong about the stupid questions though.

You’re totally right.
I’m originally from Gosport England but now live in Runcorn Brisbane.
I was definitely tempted by the “ready to wear “ outfit, but from the advice from everyone so far I’m definitely going to take my time and build my own.
Thanks for the help and if it’s ok I’ll keep asking for advice.

I think within a month of getting my TK approved I stumbled upon a 90% finished Scout up for sale on the pathfinders forum that I “had” to have. You’ll find that TKs are iconic and fun but offer a smaller range of movement. Scouts on the other hand have more room to move around and have some more fun. TKs are definitely something that’s better off being made to your body style/type. Where as a Scout can be something you pick up second hand and tailor the straps to fit you. Its nice to have a choice depending on who is going to the troops from my garrison.

Moral of this story....

Have two costumes!

• Like 1

I think within a month of getting my TK approved I stumbled upon a 90% finished Scout up for sale on the pathfinders forum that I “had” to have. You’ll find that TKs are iconic and fun but offer a smaller range of movement. Scouts on the other hand have more room to move around and have some more fun. TKs are definitely something that’s better off being made to your body style/type. Where as a Scout can be something you pick up second hand and tailor the straps to fit you. Its nice to have a choice depending on who is going to the troops from my garrison.

Moral of this story....

Have two costumes!

I would love two costumes even three...
How did you start your journey, did you buy ready to wear and the full costume or did you you do piece by piece?
I’m pretty sure my brother in law has a friend in the 501st in the UK. I think he’s made a shoretrooper costume. I’ll have to ask him.

I would love two costumes even three...
How did you start your journey, did you buy ready to wear and the full costume or did you you do piece by piece?
I’m pretty sure my brother in law has a friend in the 501st in the UK. I think he’s made a shoretrooper costume. I’ll have to ask him.

I built my TK myself. I was scared to cut it cause it cost a lot (to me it did). I think it took me a day to do a bicep cause I didn’t want to over cut and screw it up. After the first piece you kinda get the hang of things. And it’s a lot less stressful. I have AM armor which is great for non typical larger troopers. It’s very sturdy and even if I make a mistake they have pieces on hand so I could just purchase a new piece.
Building is time consuming and takes up space. I used my garage (heated and finished) and it took me about 2 months, 10/17-12/17 and I became obsessed to get it done by the new year. I took a lot of days off from work and built nonstop. There is something to be said when someone says wow that’s really cool where did you buy it and you say I built it. I usually have to show my friends the pic on my phone of the box it all came in.

• Like 1