Armour now available from StarWars.com!

G4Tyrant

Its a lot of money eh? Ya would of thought for that amount they could have done a better job! Suprised they didnt ask AA to do it for em?!! pmsl!! :lol:;)

It’s not too much money it just looks terrible. I have seen close ups in pics and it looks horrid. I definitely agree that for that much it should look way better and something that looks so bad should never been licensed. That would have been hilarious if Lucas teamed up with AA after all the crap each of them put each other through.

Would love to see it in person. For that money I can get an AP or TE2 kit and even have someone do most of the assembly.

And in that case, I'd prefer to support the community than a corporation.

w/o seeing I can't be sure but my best guess is no. Not at least w/o a bunch of modifications, if at all. This is why I'm suggesting it's best to see one in person if it is up to snuff before thinking about buying one.

There is no way that armor will pass out of the box. I have seen it, and its horrible.

If one got suckered into buying it, it would be hard pressed to be a good costume. I wanted to wear it at CJ, try it on and let the public see it on a person, not a shoddy manny. Rubies chickened out.

Its thin, flimsy plastic and not well put together.

On a bright side, the Biceps are nice. An 800 dollar set of biceps. :rolleyes:

i presume this is a rubies bucket then?

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.x...duct_id=1224010

Chris

That's the eFX LE, which is the same lid as the MR LE,

eFX took over from Mater Replicas when they lost their marketing licence for serveral Star Wars

products.Here's a link to there site mate eFX Collectibles

:)

From the photo's Ive been sent from early-adopters It doesn't look good to me. The helmet is particularly frightening - which is a surprise given its based on the Don Post deluxe moulds from the mid 90's (which though not very accurate as symmetrical I still quite like)

2008_Rubies_sup_trooper1.jpg

HOWEVER, IMO this armour could be "rescued" if its dressed correctly (the pics Ive seen so far are just HORRIBLE) AND the addition of a different helmet (the cheapo Master Replicas Stunt CE may work).

I did contact the muppets in Rubies' marketing department to see if they would lend me a set so I could do a proper review of it, but they werent interested. You can lead a horse to water but........

Bottom line is a fan-made set would be infinately better. Here was an "official" company who tried to do it, wasnt interested in discussing what the fans really wanted, and have produced something that will I believe be rejected by precisely the people Rubies would have wanted to impress. Muppets!

Cheers

Jez

We will see, what will be official reaction of Legion. If this "costume" will be approved and what modifications will be needed.

Between the price of the Rubies set and the amount of mods that are going to be needed, it almost seems to be a moot point to bother with looking into Legion acceptance.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens when someone actually gets a suit and we all see the true level of horribleness.

• 2 weeks later...

At the last sci-fi con I attended a civilian was wandering about in the rubies. What you immediately notice is the way too small chest armor, but that's the least of it.

When we lined up in the center of the hall and had a photo-shoot, the rubies civvie snuck up beside us. Luckily, a supporter spotted him and chased him off.

Feel sorry for him. One of our troopers commented on the lousy quality, he felt insulted and his friend came over and gave us an earful.