TK-51351 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM] (901)

Name: A.J. Hamler

Garrison: Garrison Carida

Armor Maker: AM 2.0

Helmet: AM 4.0

Belt: Kittell

Neck Seal: Darman

Holster: Darman

TD clips & Pan-Head Screws: Ukswrath

Latex Hand Plates: JustJoseph

Boots: TK Boots

Blaster: Hyperfirm

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 205

Type: ANH Stunt

Front

TK%20211%20new%20lo-res.jpg

Right Side

TK%20213%20lo-res.jpg

Left Side

TK%20215%20lo-res.jpg

Back

TK%20216%20lo-res.jpg

Left/Right Side Details

TK%20232%20lo-res.jpg

Action

TK%20217%20lo-res.jpg

Ab Details

TK%20239%20lo-res.jpg

Forearm Wrist Openings

TK%20225%20lo-res.jpg

Cod/Butt Snaps/Rivet

TK%20238%20lo-res.jpg

Internal Stapping

TK%20240%20lo-res_1.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Rear Elastic

TK%20226%20lo-res.jpg

Thigh Ammo Pack Rivet Outside

TK%20145%20lo-res.jpg

Thigh Ammo Pack Rivet Inside

TK%20240%20lo-res.jpg

Sniper Knee Front

TK%20106%20lo-res.jpg

Sniper Knee Side

TK%20107%20lo-res.jpg

Thermal Detonator Details

TK%20228%20lo-res.jpg

Rubber Gloves and Hand Plates

TK%20235%20lo-res.jpg

Belt

TK%20193%20lo-res.jpg

Belt/Holster Front Detail

TK%20192%20lo-res.jpg

Belt/Holster Back Detail

TK%20191%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Front

TK%20218%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Hovi Tip Detail

TK%20223%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Right

TK%20220%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Left

TK%20219%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Back

TK%20221%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Lens Color

TK%20222%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet Lower Screw

TK%20236%20lo-res.jpg

Helmet S-Trim

TK%20237%20lo-res.jpg

Neck Seal

TK%20227%20lo-res.jpg

Blaster Left

TK%20229%20lo-res.jpg

Blaster Right

TK%20230%20lo-res.jpg

Blaster End Cap & D-Ring (Note: end cap and ring are from a vintage Sterling, replacing original rubber end cap)

TK%20231%20lo-res.jpg

Edited by A.J. Hamler
edited to add holster maker

Nice work trooper, one thing you could improve, add a little white paint to the hovi tip rims

f316cad4-5241-4f0a-ae1b-9bd96b67b348.jpg&key=a9ef747b35977614340f2c9ba73c0b4c3e909a7ffb8b926d9e75e15ee60b82ea

Good luck with approval

Done.

TK%20241%20lo-res.jpg

Actually, that was pretty easy, since I had originally painted the outer edges white when I did the helmet (the helmet was the second thing I did in my build ages ago), but was told later that those edges should be black, so I painted over the white.  A few seconds with some sandpaper not only brought out the original white underneath, but it looks more naturally weathered.

A.J.

• Like 1

Are the T strips on the blaster weathered?  Could just be a trick of the light but they should be flat black with no weathering.    That's all my amateur eye sees.

Nice job and good luck!

Great job, AJ. As with your build thread, this EI app is beautifully presented.

Just a little thing I’d add for future upgrades. Your black pin-striping on your traps and tears is a little thick compared with screen used. You could consider adding a little more grey to thin out the black a little. Here’s an example of what I mean;

68627e12f123fdb32cca2c8b7a68e73c.jpg&key=ee520b9652a58a61b6a352847e6f7eb0ec9c55e2770eb3f6e47546508644927e

Reference;

92d8cfeefa52288862d7c15f4467281b.jpg&key=5cc440f5ecfccebaf7130ed30a6b7dc1fe3b44058dc09271823088fd9e1dc2b3

Also, looks like your sniper knee has got stuck under your thigh in one of the pics. Common issue. You could consider a little padding at the front of the shin and/or a little padding at the back of the lower thigh. Or, raise the thigh a little if it will go.

See you at EI soon, I’m sure. :-)

Dan

Hi A.J and thank you for your EIB application!

I just need you to include two more photos and then we can proceed:salute:

#showing both sides of thigh ammo pack fixing (only see one inside/one outside)

#Other side of sniper knee.

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-51351 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM] (Pending photos)

Hi Daniel...

Easy ones first. 

Here's both sides of the Sniper Knee.

sniper%20knee%20lo-res.jpg

And here's both sides of the outer Thigh Ammo Pack rivets.

ammo%20outside%20lo-res.jpg

Now the problematic one.  Since completing my build and taking that single photo of the inner right side Thigh Ammo Pack split rivet I posted up-thread, I've covered up both rivets with caps.  (These are the same caps I used to cover the split rivets joining the Ab/Kidney, described in my build thread.)  These eliminate sharp edges and undersuit snags.  Plus, I think they look spiffy.

ammo%20inside%20lo-res.jpg

Both rivets are the same, and they match the ones at the Ab/Kidney join (they're the ones JustJoseph supplies).  I can pry off that cap on the left side, clean off the E6000 and take a photo, but honestly would rather not since they're the same.  Still, just say the word and I'll pry that sucker off and shoot another photo.

A.J.

14 minutes ago, A.J. Hamler said:

Still, just say the word and I'll pry that sucker off and shoot another photo.

I´m really sorry but I will need you to do that, I just finished looking over your build to try and find a photo of it, you only taking the one explains why I didn´t seem to find one. Again sorry and thank you for your understanding:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-51351 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM] (In review)

Hi again A.J. and thank you for your EIB application!

In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requriments set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry Badge and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. 

As we navigate through this review we are going to start with the helmet and work our way down.

You have a very nice and clean-looking kit and an equally clean build-thread to go along with it so the following is just a few things to consider if deciding to go for even higher screen-accuracy - if that is your cup of blue milk:salute:

As mentioned by a fellow Trooper, the black outlines are a bit thick compared to most Movie-helmets. We suggest making them a bit thinner and as they appear to be decals you have a great option to go all in and hand paint:duim:

MBvz3pE.png

Moving on to the ears. Though there are variations, most of them had an angle to them as seen in the reference image of our "set for stun -Trooper". 

LLOQQFw.png

Looking at the tube stripes and comparing with screen helmets the "end" stripe should have a bit of a lean forward. Just another one of those small details to look into and consider for some extra ANH-magic so we felt it was worth mentioning :)

R6jbauH.png

Turning to the back and the belt we suggest shorten it so it stays hidden behind the TD.

ruHfdMt.png

That´s it for this EIB Review - moving along!

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application.

The CRL states there should be minimal gap between the shoulder armor and chest/back plate. Looking att your gaps we want you to try and get them as close to that blue line as possible. Suggested ways to achieve this would be to trim more of the lower return egde of the bells, more ridgid strapping and if possible triming the bells with a curve as seen in the reference image of an original bell from Lucas archives.

3LPgmiz.png

594Jy01.png

For the back plate the CRL states it shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate. Raising the back plate or lowering the ab-chest/kidney should sort this. Looking at your strapping you could however first try to move them closer to the ends of the back plate to see if that helps and we also suggest you look into what´s causing that uneven overlap. 

aJulCmQ.png

All done - head on out as the Empire´s newest Expert Infantry Man:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-51351 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM] (901)

Thanks guys!  To top everything off, I'm doing my first Troop this weekend.  Can't wait.

I also can't wait to submit for Centurion.  Got those couple things to work on that Daniel noted, and I'll be ready to go.  Got some work assignment stuff to take care of first, but I should have that wrapped up in a week or so and then it's (hopefully) on to Centurion.

A.J.