TK 40834 Reporting

Hi everyone,

I received my approval yesterday and have signed up for 2 troops including the Toronto Comicon. 

I look forward to meeting many of you and to giving to the community.

If only I knew:

-Just how much information is out there!

-That the advice on here is so solid.

-Do more research, make more notes

-Triple check your supply list

-Just how darned HOT it is inside TK armor!

Oops!

-Gather all of your supplies and triple check your list.  It will save a LOT of trips back and forth to the fabric stores, hardware stores, hobby stores, Amazon...

A funny thing happened on the way to the Death Star:

-My journey started with an email to a 501st member that I found on the 501st.ca site.  He welcomed a total stranger (well.. he DID Facebook stalk me and talk to a mutual friend to make sure I wasn't a total psycho) with awesome advice, invited me to his home to see his armor, and has been there for me the entire journey, taking pictures, offering advice, and volunteering to help at any time.  Thanks SO much to @Twosolitudes

Shout Outs:

@Twosolitudes @68Brick @gmrhodes13 @wook1138 and everyone else who helped, laughed, and kept me company during my build thread.

Last of all to my dad.  Last summer was spent at the hospital with my dad who was slowly wasting away to prostate cancer.  The last conversation I had with him was when I told him I had finally found the Trooper armor that I wanted to order, and told him the price.  He said "Buy it".  The next day he was unconcious and unresponsive, and he died the day after.  My TKID is in honour of him.  His birthday was April 8 1934, and I am TK 40834.

Edited by Digz Graavz
  • Like 7

Congratulations trooper once again and thank you for sharing your story, sorry about your father but what a great way to remember him.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of you out and about at troops. Many of us keep a troop log and for those special troops post up a separate report and you may find it included in the monthly newsletter.

A great read before you first troop is the Troopers Survival Guide lots of helpful information and some of what to expect at your first troop.

Now get out there and do us proud trooper :salute:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely true in double/triple checking.

My first troop I left my knee plates behind. So glad a perceptive Boba Fett in my garrison found and took them with him. Since then he's been a fantastic friend! As such I always be sure to check for others as well if I'm the last guy just to be sure.

Congrats on your approval and welcome!

• 2 months later...