TK-12176 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AP] (Locked due to inactivity)

Mandatory Information

• Armor = Authentic Props
  • Helmet = Authentic Props
  • Blaster = ShearTech (UK)

Optional

• Height = 5'9"
  • Weight = 155lbs
  • Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Canvas belt = Authentic Props
  • Hand Plates = Authentic Props
  • Electronics= Helmet Fans by Jeff Aurand
  • Neck Seal = Trooper Bay
  • Holster = Authentic Props

Photos

eSHeL39.jpg

6Q8VVt2.jpg

dNSvy18.jpg

1LTs4rz.jpg

txWTemx.jpg

5uVLFgc.jpg

Rf3n6us.jpg

Mq8HUT2.jpg

WspZJtn.jpg

XI2y44o.jpg

vlSl8RS.jpg

qQCzB1y.jpg

rDqtbGC.jpg

7CIRqSq.jpg

ne9DUfg.jpg

b3VuVvd.jpg

iIukmZA.jpg

NKSmepJ.jpg

nFS1Xri.jpg

tz2iOhx.jpg

HXjJaTk.jpg

Ka4TWgw.jpg

CYWiGXY.jpg

jxe2hOY.jpg

J6ziGEr.jpg

Nice work trooper, a couple of other close up photo's I know the DO's like are:

Blaster D ring

Sides and front of sniper plate.

Sides inside/out of knee ammo strip rivets

Bottom ear screws

Also you may want to change those TD screws as they should be "pan head" and yours appear to be "domed"

V8vMBhF.pngUdwVsXn.jpg

I would also advise perhaps adding some foam behind your sniper plate (in case you haven't already) to keep it away from your knee as it may catch how it is now.

Good luck with approval

• Like 1

Nice!

My only thoughts are on the blaster:

The weathering on the blaster grip... They should be gloss black from my understanding.
Trigger?

Selector switch?

Trigger Group Retaining pin?

Charging Handle and the slot?

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the help. Here's some clarifying comments...

- The pics I posted were what was listed on the form for EIB application. I thought the others were for Centurion but I'd be glad to add more if needed.

- The DT screws were what came with the kit from AP. Guess I need to replace them though?

- Yes, definitely on the foam, though I probably need to put some behind the thigh to pull it back. The knee already has foam in the front.

- The blaster came like this from Sheartech. I have to admit I was disappointed when I received it. The form is fine, but the weathering is awful and why no trigger? I'll have to look into adding the other parts you mention. I did add a D-ring, which you can see in my left side detail photo. But, yeah, it needs work.

Anyway, I appreciate all your suggestions and well wishes. 

7 minutes ago, James Whitley said:

and you just fixed my Ab problem =P thank you

You're welcome! I couldn't stand how the right side kept overlapping. This fix worked great and wasn't difficult to do.

12 minutes ago, James Whitley said:

How is the no return edge on the butt plate working out?

Not sure what you mean. There's a small return edge on the butt plate - just a couple millimeters - but it is minimal.

My kit is very comfortable, if that's what you're referring to. I have no issues with "bite" or rubbing and I've worn it for as much as 4+ hours at a time.

I have an Anovos kit and the return edge is a bit deeper than that. Looks like your EI will be a breeze, from what I can see. They will probably hit you up on the angle ears, but other than that at whats been mentioned, really clean build.

8 hours ago, Ironmonk said:

- The blaster came like this from Sheartech. I have to admit I was disappointed when I received it. The form is fine, but the weathering is awful and why no trigger? I'll have to look into adding the other parts you mention. I did add a D-ring, which you can see in my left side detail photo. But, yeah, it needs work.

I'd be contacting Sheartech.  None of the ones on there are missing triggers

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

That’s a Bapty blaster for a Sandie. Perhaps he sent the wrong model to you?

Agree about the weathering - a little OTT.

Well, there's the problem. I ordered the baptys. Newbie mistake. Didn't realize it was for a sandie... smh...

Hi Darrell

Thank you for your EIB application and as Joseph said - sorry for the delay but the D.O originally assigned to your app has got another task within the Detachment so I will be taking over:salute:

As mentioned, you need to provide some additional pics, the EIB photo checklist does not include all changes made to the L2 CRL and needs to be updated. With that said, the pics needed are:

# Sniper knee - front and both sides

# Thigh ammo pack fixings - inside/outside

#Side close-up of TD screws to determine if they in fact are the correct pan head style. 

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-12176 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AP] (Photos requested)
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, a couple of other close up photo's I know the DO's like are:

Blaster D ring

Sides and front of sniper plate.

Sides inside/out of knee ammo strip rivets

Bottom ear screws

Also you may want to change those TD screws as they should be "pan head" and yours appear to be "domed"

V8vMBhF.pngUdwVsXn.jpg

I would also advise perhaps adding some foam behind your sniper plate (in case you haven't already) to keep it away from your knee as it may catch how it is now.

Good luck with approval

what is the actual head size of the pan head screws in mm's ??......................thanks

10 minutes ago, phil said:

what is the actual head size of the pan head screws in mm's ??......................thanks

I believe they are about 5 to 6mm in size.  I can't remember if there was an actual measurement photo in the reference gallery.  As long as they are not noticeably large (or small) you should be good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phil said:

I've been using 4 or 5 mm bolts/screws

On 3/12/2019 at 6:36 PM, TheSwede said:

Hi Darrell

Thank you for your EIB application and as Joseph said - sorry for the delay but the D.O originally assigned to your app has got another task within the Detachment so I will be taking over:salute:

As mentioned, you need to provide some additional pics, the EIB photo checklist does not include all changes made to the L2 CRL and needs to be updated. With that said, the pics needed are:

# Sniper knee - front and both sides

# Thigh ammo pack fixings - inside/outside

#Side close-up of TD screws to determine if they in fact are the correct pan head style. 

Thank you! I'm going to need to get some new screws. Mine are definitely rounded. The ones that came with the kit are incorrect. Can they be painted black or do they need to be made of black metal? Any suggestions of where to get the most accurate screws or is something from the hardware store good enough?

Once I get the screws settled I'll post the rest of the pics. I've also ordered a Doopy's E-11 kit, so once I finish that I'll resubmit my blaster photos.

So, back to the drawing board, I guess... :(

32 minutes ago, Ironmonk said:

Thank you! I'm going to need to get some new screws. Mine are definitely rounded. The ones that came with the kit are incorrect. Can they be painted black or do they need to be made of black metal? Any suggestions of where to get the most accurate screws or is something from the hardware store good enough?

Once I get the screws settled I'll post the rest of the pics. I've also ordered a Doopy's E-11 kit, so once I finish that I'll resubmit my blaster photos.

Painted black is fine ;) 

19 minutes ago, Ironmonk said:

So, back to the drawing board, I guess... :(

If you want to play it safe with the screws then just PM Joseph (justjoseph63) and he’ll sort you out (I’m guessing you’re US-based?) 

As for the blaster, you can use it as the CRL don’t specifically rule out baptys and although it has clear differences to the CRL image it was decided to allow it for now. Just paint it black to cover the excessive weathering on the grip and you’re good to go :duim:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

If you want to play it safe with the screws then just PM Joseph (justjoseph63) and he’ll sort you out (I’m guessing you’re US-based?) 

As for the blaster, you can use it as the CRL don’t specifically rule out baptys and although it has clear differences to the CRL image it was decided to allow it for now. Just paint it black to cover the excessive weathering on the grip and you’re good to go :duim:

Thanks! I'll pm him. And thanks for the info on the blaster.

• Like 1

Hi again Darrell

While waiting on the TD screws and additional photos I started to look over the other photos and it looks like the cover strip on the left thigh is going over the ridges at the bottom. If in fact so you will need to trim it to match the reference image:salute:

luTCzHF.png

• shashachu changed the title to TK-12176 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AP] (Locked due to inactivity)
  • shashachu locked this topic