Commander Pyre?

jasand

I am interested in building my first TK.  And because I'm difficult, I'm interested in Commander Pyre.  Not just FO, but animated FO.  Not just animated FO, but a weird color scheme.

I see in another post that someone is working on an animated helmet to make available for purchase.  But what else would be required mods from a standard TK kit?

And what are the thoughts on building something like Pyre in general?  

I've assembled some reference shots:
tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o1_540.jpg
tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o2_400.jpg
tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o3_400.jpg

tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o4_250.jpg

tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o5_250.jpg

tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o6_250.png

tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o7_400.png

tumblr_pnnq9uQ1gW1u8tif6o8_400.png

Edited by jasand
added photos

Hello and welcome aboard, there are a couple of builds going at the moment, also a helmet available but still need a little work to become screen accurate.

If you look at screen references closely you will notice there are some differences between the animated and movie versions.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46373-commander-pyre-build/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46000-sw-resistance-tk-buildslow/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46453-sw-resistance-tk-pyre-helmet/

Information in regards to new CRL's and legion costume application: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome aboard, there are a couple of builds going at the moment, also a helmet available but still need a little work to become screen accurate.

If you look at screen references closely you will notice there are some differences between the animated and movie versions.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46373-commander-pyre-build/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46000-sw-resistance-tk-buildslow/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46453-sw-resistance-tk-pyre-helmet/

Information in regards to new CRL's and legion costume application: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.

Hey Glen and thanks.   So we thinking Commander Prye is going to be a WhiteArmor CRL or some other Detach going to get him?

I’d like to think Pyre would sit happily in the FISD family.

With the release of the BS figure we see Pyre inmagibed as a standard FO, albeit with some noticeable changes. 

There’s also suggestion that Pyre will be a regular character at GE so will become more popular.

5 minutes ago, First0rder said:

Hey Glen and thanks.   So we thinking Commander Prye is going to be a WhiteArmor CRL or some other Detach going to get him?

Phasma is here so I would think Pryre would also be here but ultimately it will a decision between the LMO's and DL.

I guess a follow-up question:

Would it be required to make him "animated style", as he only currently appears in the animated series?  Or, for the sake of continuity, would making him using movie-style armor with his coloring, since he seems to have the same armor plus a pauldron/color as the regular troopers?

1 hour ago, jasand said:

I guess a follow-up question:

Would it be required to make him "animated style", as he only currently appears in the animated series?  Or, for the sake of continuity, would making him using movie-style armor with his coloring, since he seems to have the same armor plus a pauldron/color as the regular troopers?

I would suggest animated style for now as that is the only media he has been seen in, there are also specific differences with the animated version in armor and helmet for Pyre so I would suggest doing a lot of research, I spent a morning yesterday gathering screen captures and looking at some of those differences.

Just comparing a few differences between the animated and movie style helmets (Pyre's helmet is the same) it is a lot sharper in places, angle of the chin is different, sharper edge, black inset line stops under tube stripes, smaller black inset line is set back further, no helmet greebles, no inset line around side and back of helmet or chin, corner mouth sharper, aerator not as defined, tube stripes different angle, white section under end of lenses has an angle section cut out, no ear detail and that's just a quick look.

leFH1dV.png

Definitely take your time comparing the differences between the animated and movie versions, there are a lot.

I agree with Glen on this, lots to consider at this stage, if its a Disney parks character, or better still a screen character  I think your decision will be an easy one :)

Wonder what's in stall in the upcoming TrIXie trailer. :popcorn:

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Wonder what's in stall in the upcoming TrIXie trailer. :popcorn:

I was speaking to a contact who works at Pinewood. Neither Pyre or the Mountain Trooper went through their workshop. Neither will be seen in TrIXie. In fact, the team hated the Phasma chroming process so much they wouldn't touch another character like it!

Rest assured, there is plenty of exciting new FO stuff awaiting us all :)

Seems like black series toy should be enough Ref material to warrant a "live action" version of the costume. The 501st has used Hot toys and other types of toys and other media to develop CRLs. This shouldn't be too hard of one to do imo. Just TFA trooper with a black pauldron and unique paint scheme and unlike Captain Cardinal we actually have a shot of the boots.

2 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Seems like black series toy should be enough Ref material to warrant a "live action" version of the costume. The 501st has used Hot toys and other types of toys and other media to develop CRLs. This shouldn't be too hard of one to do imo. Just TFA trooper with a black pauldron and unique paint scheme and unlike Captain Cardinal we actually have a shot of the boots.

It’s a black and grey Pauldron to match the grey biceps and handplates. There was actually more grey than I expected!

2 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

I mean, that's what I was hoping to do.  But I understand rules are rules.  And I know there will be enough fights over body size and the way things fit, so I'm not looking to pick any more.  

If he's animation only, then he's animation only.  I'm sure there will be some epic builds of him, no matter how it plays out.

• Like 1

It’s a black and grey Pauldron to match the grey biceps and handplates. There was actually more grey than I expected!
Must be my screen I see that difference when looking at PC compared to phone

Side bar if anyone is able to pick up that 4 pack in interested in buying that person dinner lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I mean, that's what I was hoping to do.  But I understand rules are rules.  And I know there will be enough fights over body size and the way things fit, so I'm not looking to pick any more.  

If he's animation only, then he's animation only.  I'm sure there will be some epic builds of him, no matter how it plays out.
It's a healthy debate I know a few people doing a live action version and I may as well so why my voice is being spoken up on this

19 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

It's a healthy debate I know a few people doing a live action version and I may as well so why my voice is being spoken up on this

And I appreciate your voice and you speaking up.  And if you and others get a live action version approved, I will sing your praises as I follow your footsteps.

But I've had experiences before in which my body requires some parts be modified to fit or thousands of dollars be spent for specially made pieces (who has 2500 for boots that only get worn a couple times a year?).  And I save my energy for that fight.  It's already hard enough to get a costume together and have it look nice and be comfortable to wear only to have it be rejected because it's not exactly the version that was on screen.

• 1 year later...

Moving this thread over to the new Commander Pyre section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/230-commander-pyre-build-threads/

• Like 1