This Cannot Be Real

OneStrangeCyka

Here's a picture for others to see.

s-l500.jpg

This does indeed look like AM armor, but there would be some things that I would avoid. 

First is this kit is partially assembled, and who knows what type of glue he used. The biceps, forearms, and shins are all constructed and it may not fit you well.

s-l500-1%20copy_zpsaz1bchkz.jpg

I would rather start fresh than one that is partially constructed.

Another concern I had was the two plates in the back.

s-l500%20copy_zpssf7rozbw.jpg

I am by no means an expert, but this looks like some sort of recast. Note the difference in the color of white. This means someone might have taken some armor and copied it, which often leads to weak plastic and other problems.

Ultimately the price looks great, but I would avoid purchasing this kit. I would recommend saving up a little longer to be sure of a quality kit. Also, the AM kit fits those who are a bit larger, so I would reach out to armor makers, troopers here, and your local garrison to get a sense of what kit would be best for you.

Good luck!

Edited by T K

Red flag 1: ebay

Red flag 2: multiples of multiple parts in at least 2 different whites screams recast.  I also suspect the lighter colour parts are HIPS just from the colour. 

Problem the third: parts are already made using who knows what glue

something 4: it’s trimmed, how well?

• Like 1

Just don't purchase from eBay, so many vetted sellers out there with tried and tested armor available.

• Like 2

Always pays to purchase from a vetted seller, you can at least be quarantined you'll receive a quality product, we aren't saying some do have luck purchasing off eBay but it's rare you get a bargain ;) 

Good luck

10 hours ago, p4ntb0y said:

Nicec price..

The shins , one looks bigger than the other...

Maybe message the seller and ask if he is a member here? 

No harm in doing that. That’d be a good step. 

And just be careful. Though I wish everyone was honest thats just not the case. Just proceed with caution. I hope all goes well and let us know of any details that you find out. 

Edited by T K

This is definitely an AM kit.  I have pics of the new resculptured aluminum molds Dale made a few years ago, and these match perfectly and are clean, sharp pulls.  The HIPS chest and back in the background are recasts of this armor, though.  This gives me pause.  

As mentioned, not knowing how it was constructed is a red flag.  If CA glue was used you can forget about altering it for the most part.

Red flag 1: ebay
Red flag 2: multiples of multiple parts in at least 2 different whites screams recast.  I also suspect the lighter colour parts are HIPS just from the colour. 
Problem the third: parts are already made using who knows what glue
something 4: it’s trimmed, how well?
All your points are good except the last. AM comes pre trimmed from the vendor and is a major selling point. So if this is in fact actual AM armor then weather you buy it here on Ebay or from AM it's going to come trimmed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

All your points are good except the last. AM comes pre trimmed from the vendor and is a major selling point. So if this is in fact actual AM armor then weather you buy it here on Ebay or from AM it's going to come trimmed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fair enough, that I did not know. I retract item 4

Actually, if you watch closely, there is a yellow colour that could be from the glue used around the covers at the biceps, so, after everything you all said above, that's another red flag i guess.

• Like 1