Hi everyone, I'm in the uk and have just joined at last after visiting the forum many times in the past!

Up until now I have manly been building star wars scale models but last year I started a Darth Vader costume primarily for trick or treat with my grandson and it just got out of control and now I have the bug!!

love the stuff you are achieving  here guys, hopefully one day ill be able to post something as good

thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to the FISD!

If you’re interested in becoming a Stormtrooper the your in the right place. I’d also advise you head over to the UK Garrison as well and sign up there too. We have a mentor program which will guide you to a clearable suit. There’s a few little bits the UK is a bit different for process wise so it pays to be there from the start. 

Chris.  

Welcome to the FISD!!

Doppys is a great way to jump down the rabbit hole. I think just about everyone on the boards has built their kit at one time or another..

If you haven done so I would start by reading this section here!

You’ll find just about everything you think of when it comes to getting started and your armor needs! Speaking of armor needs our fellow Trooper and Deployment Office justjoseph63 has put together a great and very useful checklist of what you’ll need other then that amazing white shiny stuff. I found that personally it came in extremely helpful for my build.

Once that has been all decided upon then I would dive into our EIB / Centurion sections and find out which a little extra effort you can get on screen accuracy.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction, I know its a ton of information and a good size financial commitment  so if any other questions come up feel free to ask.

Its why we’re here “ Troopers helping Troopers”

Best of luck in your journey.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zorro2112 said:

Thanks everyone for the welcome and great advice! better start my home work!

Great attitude to have, research is the key to this hobby, the more you do the easier it will be, once again good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions ;) 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:04 PM, Zorro2112 said:

started a Darth Vader costume primarily for trick or treat with my grandson and it just got out of control and now I have the bug!!

The best Bug one can get!:duim: Welcome to FISD:salute: