OBDIEUq.jpg

8UJRegs.jpg

mfJaNZL.jpg

JzodF5k.jpg

07uEF10.jpg

Adding Requested views of Sniper Knee

bWBDw6M.jpg

5wVQUjy.jpg

Nice work trooper there are a couple of things you could improve.

The belt could come up a bit, it sits just under the last button, also the plates are not rounder off on the edges

gqJdzwc.jpg Image result for belt placement whitearmor

KMY5cze.jpg

It also looks the blue on your buttons are quite dark, did you use French blue No14?

Thigh cover strip should stop before the lower ridge

sxsvS5Z.jpgDSC02608.jpg

Cover plate on your TD is angled and has a return edge showing, you could trim the sides straight. You may want to add a close up of the TD screws as well.

vK2JtGc.jpg Image result for thermal detonator whitearmor

Forearms are touching your hand plates, you could move this up a little as you have a big gap at the elbows.

qLOzb4n.jpg

Drop box straps could also be shorter

IXsvd1Z.jpg

Watch the closure of your shins, one is not closed and stepped.

2IHadOA.jpg

You could also bring your thighs down a little, this will give you some more room at the back

TCQw6YP.jpg

A few adjustments and I'm sure you will do fine, good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. The blue buttons photographed dark. Also my belt is positioned where it is to offset how long-waisted I am - its a bit lower so that the canvas belt covered the big gap between my butt and kidney plates. Had to do that so that there wasnt a gap between back plate and kidney plate - if that makes sense. being 6'1" and long waisted posed some challenges for the torso area. 

Lowering the thighs presented problems with sniper knee plate catching the front of the thigh. I explored that. Not sure how to avoid. 

Edited by Etrooper70

Hi Eric,

Great build and great photos! Could you please include the following additional photos:

* Close-up of blaster D-ring

* Close-up of TD screws

* Straight-on photos of the left, front, and side of the sniper knee

Thanks,

Sha Sha

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Hi Eric,

Great build and great photos! Could you please include the following additional photos:

* Close-up of blaster D-ring

* Close-up of TD screws

* Straight-on photos of the left, front, and side of the sniper knee

Thanks,

Sha Sha

Added those shots! 

• Like 1

Hi Eric,

Unless my eyes our deceiving me, you'll need to replace your TD screws before we can proceed with your application. The L2 CRL states:

• Clips shall be attached with slotted, pan head style screws, and be black (two per clip).

Yours appear to be dome-headed:

Gq54TSe34sZbAR0sNkpfEg0YKM7ah3PmxovcUTV5sg17p2-pG0sxz9kBhGBzA-ynldP5e781T9F9zepySbvNbOOMoY_UE7fk1UV3G0TfnkjttGQA78375DKUHwigIk6FEAkTkeC7pB7QDCkxpNkp0FIRhTI7aCFktjJzcVwACPT4kxb_rOJfe6es66VnkTFKIoCMjI6Udr2nd23aQykWtNzAPUgtT71iC2s9BQ3fDZ5dPUKzgGg702n5k42vbtYSPebgbXyAxgdvVkMsMH30Pq9UYVN57Z63W4qRiLZGzR2w84USPtp0nYhe1_qekHGiXvprsIpIU6os1uzcrtK9HMtaoG5Bhyao0t6n3INwRxjGqmeG1qPSx315A_GHnL0r8sNo8HRUMf2gsCt2seX7Jg8zaySSV4O4DoKN09O4cfEYSgEw162zdxfgiVOpiw_cIXZySGHw29KtDSTJb8SmpPnXdDDT6ova_fNSa7TslxP2VokMnqmBbZ6GAIceXryI-RlED5-mzOA5xCljH-wjfNAO0IEsJBgVGl8ctH_daH-Unc96qLHQEyqeb-bIowzLD18vPc7oy2BFcpuHYLglmOCknsjmXecqM4vqbmmIyJeXZ5q-4381qbUA01OppQbmGr6Ccu44WcgoIkjhYAh6L58DIfmPXB5m=w1686-h1485-no

Reference:

hf4UP-SxBKAx-eVSvT8Sd1y8KZUcbfkKPxOT48hL  qXlKBhAvBcvL5KuYyt2e_AwK1hRCM_LwZ3VRjcHc

Note that when you're at the hardware store to get new screws, to make sure they are pan-headed, not V-headed. Please reach out if you're having trouble locating the correct screws; @justjoseph63 sells the correct screws if you're having trouble finding them locally.

• Like 1

You'll still need to update your cover strip:

Thigh cover strip should stop before the lower ridge

sxsvS5Z.jpgDSC02608.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shashachu said:

Hi Eric,

Unless my eyes our deceiving me, you'll need to replace your TD screws before we can proceed with your application. The L2 CRL states:

• Clips shall be attached with slotted, pan head style screws, and be black (two per clip).

Yours appear to be dome-headed:

Gq54TSe34sZbAR0sNkpfEg0YKM7ah3PmxovcUTV5sg17p2-pG0sxz9kBhGBzA-ynldP5e781T9F9zepySbvNbOOMoY_UE7fk1UV3G0TfnkjttGQA78375DKUHwigIk6FEAkTkeC7pB7QDCkxpNkp0FIRhTI7aCFktjJzcVwACPT4kxb_rOJfe6es66VnkTFKIoCMjI6Udr2nd23aQykWtNzAPUgtT71iC2s9BQ3fDZ5dPUKzgGg702n5k42vbtYSPebgbXyAxgdvVkMsMH30Pq9UYVN57Z63W4qRiLZGzR2w84USPtp0nYhe1_qekHGiXvprsIpIU6os1uzcrtK9HMtaoG5Bhyao0t6n3INwRxjGqmeG1qPSx315A_GHnL0r8sNo8HRUMf2gsCt2seX7Jg8zaySSV4O4DoKN09O4cfEYSgEw162zdxfgiVOpiw_cIXZySGHw29KtDSTJb8SmpPnXdDDT6ova_fNSa7TslxP2VokMnqmBbZ6GAIceXryI-RlED5-mzOA5xCljH-wjfNAO0IEsJBgVGl8ctH_daH-Unc96qLHQEyqeb-bIowzLD18vPc7oy2BFcpuHYLglmOCknsjmXecqM4vqbmmIyJeXZ5q-4381qbUA01OppQbmGr6Ccu44WcgoIkjhYAh6L58DIfmPXB5m=w1686-h1485-no

Reference:

hf4UP-SxBKAx-eVSvT8Sd1y8KZUcbfkKPxOT48hL  qXlKBhAvBcvL5KuYyt2e_AwK1hRCM_LwZ3VRjcHc

Note that when you're at the hardware store to get new screws, to make sure they are pan-headed, not V-headed. Please reach out if you're having trouble locating the correct screws; @justjoseph63 sells the correct screws if you're having trouble finding them locally.

Not an issue to replace. Ill do that tomorrow. I think i have some actually. e

Edited by Etrooper70

1 minute ago, Etrooper70 said:

Also - who's feedback should i be following? Getting comments on making other changes and just want to understand what is absolutely needed for EIB. Do you have any other changes I need to make at this time?

Ultimately you should follow the Deployment Officer, other comments are offered so you could make adjustments before the DO's ask you too, the thigh cover strip is a definite and should have been picked up at basic approval  ;) 

CRL Image:

File:TK anh stunt thighs.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Ultimately you should follow the Deployment Officer, other comments are offered so you could make adjustments before the DO's ask you too, the thigh cover strip is a definite and should have been picked up at basic approval  ;) 

CRL Image:

File:TK anh stunt thighs.jpeg

Thanks - just new to the process and was confused getting feedback from multiple people. cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Etrooper70 said:

Thanks - just new to the process and was confused getting feedback from multiple people. cheers

If you ever have a question on how something should ideally look, Eric, always feel free to either post up a pic of the item in question and I assure you that you will get the correct answer here on the FISD.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, Etrooper70 said:

Hi Eric,

@gmrhodes13 is correct that the cover strip will also need to be shortened before we can proceed. Assuming you did your build with E6000, it should be a pretty simple fix - pry it up from the bottom, then snip it so it lines up with the bottom ridge.

Reference:

p7SujTCe-hHhgHI-WIXh8pqNR7A6xtSmq6ONZInd

Apologies for not noticing earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Hi Eric,

@gmrhodes13 is correct that the cover strip will also need to be shortened before we can proceed. Assuming you did your build with E6000, it should be a pretty simple fix - pry it up from the bottom, then snip it so it lines up with the bottom ridge.

Reference:

p7SujTCe-hHhgHI-WIXh8pqNR7A6xtSmq6ONZInd

Apologies for not noticing earlier.

SO its ok for me to fill in the crack that is exposed between the two halves of thigh? - using ABS paste. Appears that was done here. 

22 minutes ago, Etrooper70 said:

SO its ok for me to fill in the crack that is exposed between the two halves of thigh? - using ABS paste. Appears that was done here. 

Yes:salute:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Etrooper70 said:

Definitely okay, but not required. Some people also just glue a small square of ABS behind the crack so the black doesn't show through.

• Like 1

You may also need to provide a close up of the D ring on the blaster

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Folding stock (does not need to function).
  • A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.

20 hours ago, shashachu said:

And Eric, one last item: could you please post full left and right shots of your E-11 blaster? Thanks!

Pics posted and adjustments made. e

12 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may also need to provide a close up of the D ring on the blaster

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Folding stock (does not need to function).
  • A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.

that is already posted up in the top where initial pics are. 

Hi Eric,

It looks like you have some sort of decal on your blaster, which unfortunately we're going to have to ask you to remove. This is one of those rare areas where trooping and screen accuracy collide a bit, but the L2 and L3 approvals are all about achieving the highest levels of screen  accuracy. If you look back at some submissions from the UKG, you'll see they've been asked to remove the decals from their shoulder bells, for example.

keBJDl_Rk8WVEUuOewOjyWFq_NwqlYxJ8J6b3LAA

I know you said you're going out of town tomorrow, so if you're not able to get the new pics up before you leave, we will be here when you return.