Forum support

DarthChridan

Ola troops...

I can't find the topic with the infos for the forum support ( $ for the FISD )....I have too much dollars :lol: 

Can anyone help me please?!?

Thx in advance.

Cheers...

Edited by DarthChridan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthChridan said:

Ola troops...

I can't find the topic with the infos for the forum support ( $ for the FISD )....I have too much dollars :lol: 

Can anyone help me please?!?

Thx in advance.

Cheers...

That’s the spirit Trooper:duim:

FYI generally the required amount for forum donations is fulfilled within the first 24 hours, it pays to frequent the forums if you wish to make a donation ;) 

14 hours ago, giskard8 said:

Just in case you wish to read about last year's call. 

Hey thanks...but that means that we have no costs for this new host?....or is that coupled to the "mother's side" (Legion Board)?

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

FYI generally the required amount for forum donations is fulfilled within the first 24 hours, it pays to frequent the forums if you wish to make a donation ;) 

Thx for your answer ...but this doesn't answer my question.

Edited by DarthChridan

Actually we are hosted via the same AWS package that the Legion boards are.  Yes, we have our own dedicated instances, but the server administration is all owned by the LWM team.  What we control locally are things like theming, forum organization/layout, etc.

In the early days we (e.g. me and V'Pier) did it all - hosting, SQL backups, upgrades, etc. however since only the LWM team has access to the Legion's AWS account basic uptime, server maintenance, and upgrades are all handled by the LWM team.

It's been a huge cost savings for the det, as FISD is the largest forum in the Legion aside from the Legion site proper in terms of active membership and usage.  At some point the Legion's webmaster's will ask us to pay our share.   As noted, usually we're able to raise the amount in 24 hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

It's been a huge cost savings for the det, as FISD is the largest forum in the Legion aside from the Legion site proper in terms of active membership and usage.  At some point the Legion's webmaster's will ask us to pay our share.   As noted, usually we're able to raise the amount in 24 hours. 

Ok, then wait and see what's happened. Thx for your answer and info as well.

Cheers...