Kris, First Order build

Hask

Very nice Kris, I ended up finding some pants of similar glossy material and cut them down to shorts which I wear over my two piece undersuit, I do find that the glossy finish can rub off over time so I don't wear them all the time, mainly for higher profile troops ;) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

that the glossy finish can rub off over time

Tell me about it - got one from stormtrooperundersuit and after test fitting and 2 Troops it´s pretty much toast:wacko: Good thing I got some armor and gaskets coming from Anovos at any moment now to cheer me up:happyandcheerfulbirthday:;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Very nice Kris, I ended up finding some pants of similar glossy material and cut them down to shorts which I wear over my two piece undersuit, I do find that the glossy finish can rub off over time so I don't wear them all the time, mainly for higher profile troops ;) 

Most definitely - my cod piece and tops of the thighs have pretty much destroyed the glossy part. It's all hidden beneath the plastic, but it doesn't look great on it's own! :P

Great method with creating the shorts, I might have to copy you there!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hask said:

And Cleared

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yess! Alright Kris, great job :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: Excited to have another FOTK in the family :salute:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hask said:

My riot baton was not cleared as not accurate (black series) I'm now thinking of adding a pauldron

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As in not accurate for your costume because of the silver bands?

None of the red LED panels are accurate, the one furthest from the handle is too small and has 4 screw holes and the end cap is wrong. It's also missing a black circle either side, near the handle.

• Like 1

None of the red LED panels are accurate, the one furthest from the handle is too small and has 4 screw holes and the end cap is wrong. It's also missing a black circle either side, near the handle.

Certainly all true based on a TFA Riot Baton but the Black Series was marketed as a TLJ Riot Baton. Given there are no images to verify any changes it is somewhat in a grey area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hask said:

My riot baton was not cleared as not accurate (black series) I'm now thinking of adding a pauldron

Is this basic 501st approval?

Bummer Kris, I did update mine adding the missing silver bands, the black circles and also sanded and painted the black end screws, I'm not stripping the whole thing down just to add some extra led's though. 

It really comes down to local GML's but going of the CRL it doesn't mention the lights or how many there should be but does mention the extra silver bands. Perhaps some higher level details should be added to the CRL so basic requirements are a little more obtainable, after all we allow a lot less details for other optional weapons on other CRL's.

Riot Baton

• The baton has a white base with two black triangles on both sides, a silver pommel, black side grips, and a silver handle perpendicular to the base.
  • The end of the base has an extension roughly 1 foot long with 5 silver bands equally spaced apart.
  • There is a black strip running down the center of both sides of the extension.
  • At the end of the extension, there are two white half cylinder arms each with 5 silver bands equally spaced apart. The end of the half-cylinders are angled at roughly 45 degrees.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are those available somewhere?  Or you custom made those?  

What you’re looking at is Glen’s own creation. Very easily made, or adapted in to your own version.

You can also buy Tony’s shoulder bracket solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, PanzerKraken said:

Are those available somewhere?  Or you custom made those?  

Made those, a strip of ABS, heat gun, vice and two strips of aluminium to hold while bending.

Tony (ukswarth) has a bracket system which you can find info here 

• Like 1

If you have any questions regarding my aluminum version bell supports feel free to shoot me a PM Edwin. As Glen mentioned his ABS version are something you can make yourself. 

Oh and congratulations Kris :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 2