TK-90874 Requesting ANH Stund EIB Status [DA Props] (896)

TK-90874

Forum name: larsboller

Lars Boller

German Garrison

Costal Hammer Squad

Armor = DA Props

Helmet = DA Props

Boots = Stormtrooper UK

Canvas belt = self-made

Hand Plates = Self-made

Neckseal = Stromtrooper UK

Holster = Selfmade

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

IMG-6730.jpg

IMG-6717.jpg

Full Body Back

IMG-6724.jpg

Full Right

IMG-6727.jpg

IMG-6726.jpg

Full Left

IMG-6722.jpg

IMG-6723.jpg

Right Side Detail

IMG-6728.jpg

Left Side Detail

IMG-6729.jpg

Action Photo

IMG-1060.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

IMG-6733.jpg

Right

IMG-6736.jpg

Back

IMG-6735.jpg

Left

IMG-6734.jpg

Hoff Tip detail

IMG-6732.jpg

Lens Color

IMG-6741.jpg

Accessory Photos

Ammo belt

IMG-6716.jpg

Neckseal

IMG-6715.jpg

Blaster left side

IMG-6714.jpg

Blaster right side

IMG-6713.jpg

Thermal detonator back

IMG-6762.jpg IMG-6763.jpg

Optional:

Interior Strapping

IMG-6712.jpg IMG-1082.jpg IMG-1083.jpg

Abdomen detail

IMG-6718.jpg

Sniper Knee

IMG-6764.jpg IMG-6765.jpg IMG-6766.jpg IMG-6767.jpg

Thigh armor

IMG-6768.jpg IMG-6769.jpg IMG-6770.jpg IMG-6771.jpg

Edited by larsboller

Hi Lars,

Many thanks for your EIB application.

Unfortunately, the images appear to be quite low resolution which will make it difficult to make out the finer details. Do you have higher resolution versions of your submission photos, please?

Danke im Voraus.

Dan

8 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Lars,

Many thanks for your EIB application.

Unfortunately, the images appear to be quite low resolution which will make it difficult to make out the finer details. Do you have higher resolution versions of your submission photos, please?

Danke im Voraus.

Dan

what ? did you click on a picture ? the photos are in 3024 × 4032

that is not high enough ???

greetings from Germany

Lars

what ? did you click on a picture ? the photos are in 3024 × 4032
that is not high enough ???

greetings from Germany
Lars

Hi Lars,

Please ignore me!!!! Clicking the wrong link on my phone showed a low res image. The link to your hosting account works fine!

My apologies. One of the team will be with you soon.

Best wishes

Dan
  • Like 1

Nice work trooper just a couple of things you could address before a DO gets started.

TD grey is very dark, it should be much lighter, also you need to use "pan head" screws

IMG-6763.jpg V8vMBhF.png UdwVsXn.jpg

Cod snap should be a rivet

IMG-1082.jpg eelhOg4.png Image result for cod rivet whitearmor

Thigh cover strips should finish above the lower ridge and not all the way to the bottom

IMG-6771.jpg  DSC02606.jpg

IMG-6768.jpg DSC02549.jpg

Rear calve cover strips should also stop below the top ridge, you could also trim the lower section of your calves,

iHo6Wy0.jpg ANHlowerrightlegrear.jpg

Corner angled cuts are very large on your belt

IMG-6728.jpg  IMG 20160313 153358

Could you also add a photo of your blaster D ring

Image result for blaster d ring whitearmor

• Like 1

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the additional photos.

Could you confirm if the thermal detonator screws are painted black, please? They look silver/in painted in the photos but I’m not sure if that’s just the lighting.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-90874 Requesting ANH Stund EIB Status [DAprops] (under review)

Hey Lars

Great to see that you are hard at work improving your armor on the items your fellow Troopers have pointed out - shows commitment to look your best :duim: I´m working on your application and I have a few asks of myself to make:salute:

1# I know you included a pic of the right thigh (front) and shins after a recomendation by your fellow Trooper but I need to see the amended coverstrips on the left thigh as well and for the back of both thighs.

HzeOiuUl.png

2# Great job in fixing the TD screws but can I please ask for a pic showing the whole TD as seen below. 

While on the TD, as per the L2 CRL: Belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.

And as you fix this I suggest that you cut the ends straight to match the original and by doing so you will have the added bonus of getting rid of those notches, I included an extra pic to show it more clearly. As you are to work on them I suggest replacing the clips altogether as the holes positioned close to the rear screws will not be approvable for Centurion. When repositioning them use the ref pic  to get them in the correct position:salute:

5PbSGQdl.png

TP96eigl.jpg

Hi agin Lars and thank you for your patience, we are hard at work trying to keep on top of things during this transaction period after the election and as you can imagine it´s a bit hectic - but we are loving every minute of it:)

With that said I will have your review ready in the next couple of days, hopefully sooner:salute:

• Like 2

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-90874 Requesting ANH Stund EIB Status [DAprops] (896)

Hi again Lars and thank you for your EIB application!

In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requriments set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry Badge and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted , thank you for making all the requested fixes and now I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. 

As we navigate through this review we are going to start with the helmet and work our way down the front and then turn to the back - let´s get started shall we!

Thank you for amending the cover strip length on the thighs therefore those won´t be mentioned here:salute:

The overall look of your helmet is great and we only have a few touching-up suggestions here. First would be to go over those black outlines as they are a bit thick, a bit of extra grey will go along way. This goes for all the tears and traps but we opted to use this one pic to make the suggestion.Cd6gsWt.png

Moving on to the tubestripes we can see that this side has a bit of a slant to it. Not a huge deal by any means but worth mentioning as we want you to look your absolute best.

LeF2nje.png

Lastly on helmet if you would like to go the extra mile for that Epic ANH-look you could consider extending the frown paint a bit to the sides, it beeing adding an extra tooth or simly making that last grey extend more. Yours is very nicely painted so this would just be the icing on the cake so to speak. 

TOxzTrx.jpg

XPrWph5.jpg

Moving on the the ab buttons we noticed that the larger one seems to be missing that flat edge and the smaller one still has some return edge left. If possible, we suggest removing the two and then add some backing to the bigger one and trim the smaller one to be more in keeping with the originals. The painted buttons could also use some TLC as they are a bit ”rough around the edges”:)

QQEuKSa.png

Great job in fixing the angled cuts as mentioned by your fellow Trooper and if you want to take another step closer to screen accuracy you could always trim some more off the edges.

T5LPD2V.png

Same goes here, you did great in fitting that ammo knee and with slightly more trimming it would be spot on screen accurate.

n3BlPNj.png

Lastly for the front we have a simple dressing issue, your left shin is ever so slightly misbehaving. Suggestion - removing all bottom return edge and making the shin as snug as possible around the ankle/boot or have your wrangler to be on the look out during Troops:)

sXIx9it.png

Turning to the back we suggest adding those angled cuts back for added ANH magic and recommend some trimming for comfort/mobility. It will also make the armor look a bit cleaner.

XyANI1L.jpg

And that´s it for this EIB Review - again Congratulations!:salute:

Let´s move on!

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application

Using the same format we start at the top and work our way down.

Starting with the helmet, the mic tips themselves are great but we need you to move the screens closer to the front as seen in the ref pic.

qsmEQjo.png

Moving on - your shoulder bells are nicely butted upp against the shoulder bridges but as per CRL there should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest and back plate. The left one is pretty good but we drew an ideal line to shoot for. To make this happen we suggest trimming down the lower return edge of the bells and that should help in closing that gap and, as we will be adressing shortly, trimming down the biceps will do wonders. The original bells were trimmed with a curve as seen below and that also makes the gaps smaller and could be worth looking in to.

BPfFfTa.png

qZFET8u.png

Moving to the arms we feel that those flat edges needs to be reduced before you apply for Centurion, idealy that flat surface is hidden by the cover strip. With the original armor that is not always possible so there are exceptions but for the most parts it´s hidden. If one is a bigger trooper needing more space then bigger coverstrips would be our suggestion in order to even out that cover strip/flat edge ratio. The key here is to maintain a uniform look and there is a clear difference between the left and right bicep (left looks great). You appear to have ample space so reducing the width of the armor itself will look much better and as a bonus it gives you the opportunity to get some nice taper on the armor parts for that sleek ANH-look.

BP7qEDy.png

Moving to the belt, raising the left side (as looking at it) and leveling it out will make it ideal. As per CRL: The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just below the bottom of the abdomen button panels.

vYotC2n.png

Next we have the drop boxes and as per CRL they need to be vertically alligned with the end of the ammo belt. After moving them, a dab of glue will keep them in place and you will look the part everytime you suit-up:duim:

FUFkam5.png

Staying focused on the drop boxes we advise you to shorten those straps. Even though one could argue that gap to be minimal, when compairing with the Movie-Troopers we can see that they have theirs closer to the belt. If you were to trim the ammo belt as previously suggested then that gap would definitely be to big so why not go all in and trim the belt/move the boxes /shorten the straps :duim:

pvqM2Ab.png

4KmMygA.jpg

Turning to the left side, idealy there´s no gap and by the looks of things a simple strapping adjustment should do the trick.

dWNFYb1.png

That´s it for the front so now we turn the attention to the back.

Starting with the shoulders and as with the front they stand to come closer to the back/chest plate. Same advise as for the front - reducing the size of the biceps and lower bell return egdes:duim:

2w6rDRA.png

Thanks for making the requested EIB fix on the TD and just as a reminder, as stated earlier in the thread prior to this review, these clips will need to be replaced for Centurion due to those extra holes - let us know if you need any help in locating a vendor or in how to make your own.

f382TjU.png

Dropping down to the thighs we see alot of flat area here as well that needs to be reduced. As for the arms you seem to have room to downsize the armor itself so that will be our Go-To advise for, you guessed it, that sleek ANH look:duim:

If you decide to go for it we suggest trimming the left leg cover strip a tad more.

aGw36Y5.png

All done! Head on out feeling proud beeing an Expert infantry-man and we hope to see you back for a Centurion Application:salute:

• Like 2

Hello dear D.O.Team, thank you for your efforts! I am very proud to have reached the EIB. You are a great many thanks. Best regards, lars :salute:

Edited by larsboller

45 minutes ago, larsboller said:

Hello dear D.O.Team, thank you for your efforts! I am very proud to have reached the EIB. You are a great many thanks. Best regards, lars :salute:

It was our pleasure Lars:salute:

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-90874 Requesting ANH Stund EIB Status [DA Props] (896)