Suggestions needed for painting and matching an AM piece for an Anovos TK

Psibur

Had a single, but large, piece go MIA. A gracious soul gave me a spare which was from AM.  The AM piece is very bright white in contrast to the Anovos' off-white/eggshell coloring.  Has anybody by chance been able to paint over one and get it to closely match an Anovos one?  

I tried the Rustoleum semi-gloss white suggestion on the thread below, but still seemed a bit too bright for the Anovos ABS:

I did get a suggestion to wet sand it first to get the shine off which I haven't tried yet.  Any tips for doing that?

600-800 grit and keep it wet.  Make sure you get wet-sand compatible paper otherwise it will fall apart.

Try leaving it in the sun for a while as that can fade it a bit too.  There's a good chance your armor has changed over time.

Worst case, go to a reliable paint store and take a piece with you.  Get them to colour match it.  We sell SICO paint where I work and the matches we can do on "whites" are pretty amazing.  Only thing is that it would be a latex acrylic, so you'd need to sand and prime the piece first and then wet-sand the crap out of it to get a good shine.

• Like 1

I have a small compressor and spray gun it's a great help when you want to try get a shade closer to a particular armor, it still takes some time though to get the right mix and of course trying test samples as the paint dries differently. All I can suggest is either taking to a automotive paint supplier and have them colour match or trial and error and try mix the paint yourself.

• Like 1