TK-61596 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) - (897)

3 hours ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

I jumped on over to Eric's Centurion application and didn't see a mention of the hovi-speakers being an issue—has the CRL had a change? It just says "Correct 'hovi-mic' aerator tips" for L2 and no mention of them for L3. As much as I want to see this through all the way to L3, I reaaally like how the hovi-tip speakers sound. If they are an issue, I'd have to put some real thought into whether sacrificing them is worth it to me (not to mention they were a little pricey).

I think you have a point to argue here.  I don't recall anyone being called on those types of hovi-mics before (but I don't closely follow a lot of the approval threads).  This is not clearly indicated in the CRL, or at least the CRL does not appear to have changed so I don't know why these tips would no longer be allowed. 

From what I can tell, if you passed EIB with them, then you should be good.  Don't trash them yet ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

If they are an issue, I'd have to put some real thought into whether sacrificing them is worth it to me (not to mention they were a little pricey).

Hi Brendan

This will be discussed in the D.O team but no matter the outcome you won´t have to sacrifice the ones you currently have. I´m sure you still have the mic tips AP supplies with the Kit so simply change them out for your Centurion submisson and you good to go. Some valid points have been made here. However the CRL clearly states the use of and to qoute: correct ´Hovi aerator mic tips´ and those are hollow. But again, this will be discussed in the terms of how much detail should be in the word "correct". The CRL is as we know evolving but not without discussion. There is a hectic time at the moment and mistakes might happen so bear with us for now. If a mistake has been made we are eager to correct it. If there in fact was a mistake in approving these type of mic tips then the applicant needs to replace them as Centurion is the next level and things missed/overlooked during EIB and later noticed won´t get a free pass for Centurion. I know you understand this Brendan and will make the necessary changes, if any, to make your Kit look and be as accurate as possible. Just clarifying for all who´s following.

Brendan, as you said you like how the mic tips sound, after you are cleared it´s up to you what you do with your Kit. Much like the UKG who adds stickers after EIB/Cent approval.

:salute:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Hi Brendan

This will be discussed in the D.O team but no matter the outcome you don´t have to sacrifice the ones you currently have. I´m sure you still have the mic tips AP supplies with the Kit so simply change them out for your Centurion submisson and you good to go. Some valid points have been made here. However the CRL clearly states the use of and to qoute: correct ´Hovi aerator mic tips´ and those are hollow. But again, this will be discussed in the terms of how much detail should be in the word "correct". The CRL is as we know evolving but not without discussion. There is a hectic time at the moment and mistakes might happen so bear with us for now. If a mistake has been made we are eager to correct it. If there in fact was a mistake in approving these type of mic tips then the applicant needs to replace them as Centurion is the next level and things missed/overlooked during EIB and later noticed won´t get a free pass for Centurion. I know you understand this Brendan and will make the necessary changes, if any, to make your Kit look and be as accurate as possible. Just clarifying for all who´s following.

Brendan, as you said you like how the mic tips sound, after you are cleared it´s up to you what you do with your Kit. Much like the UKG who adds stickers after EIB/Cent approval.

:salute:

Great! Thanks for the clarification Daniel. I do still have the AP tips, so swapping them out just for Centurion photos is no trouble. I'm grateful that this is an option! :-)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

But again, this will be discussed in the terms of how much detail should be in the word "correct".

Agreed - further clarification on this sort of language would be very useful in the CRL! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

Great! Thanks for the clarification Daniel. I do still have the AP tips, so swapping them out just for Centurion photos is no trouble. I'm grateful that this is an option! :-)

Just remember to add the necessary white portions to them! :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Just remember to add the necessary white portions to them! :) 

11 minutes ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

Ooo I probably would have overlooked that. Thanks for the reminder! :D

FYI this is not mandatory at the moment but if not present it will be a suggestion to improve the overall look, much like the brow hight, angles of the ears and size of ab buttons to name a few:salute:

• Like 2