TK-61596 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) - (897)

Hi everybody!

Mandatory Information

• Armor = Authentic Props
  • Helmet = Authentic Props
  • Blaster = Quest Design Canada

Optional

• Height = 5'10"
  • Weight = 195lbs
  • Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Canvas belt = Authentic Props
  • Hand Plates = Authentic Props
  • Electronics= Ukswrath Hovi-mics and Hearing Assist/iComm + Aker amp/Henry's Helmet Fans
  • Neck Seal = Geeky Pink Gaskets
  • Holster = Authentic Props

And here come the photos! The full-body shots are the same ones used from my initial application. It will be a little while before I'm able to get someone to take new submission photos of me, so I thought I'd take what photos I could on my own and see if they are sufficient. If new full body shots are required, I'll be happy to produce them! It will just be a while longer.

Armour photos

Full body front

This photo is slightly out of date—the belt has been raised. An up to date photo of the belt is pictured below.

USYVuk8.jpg

Updated belt placement:

LlLlZpS.jpg

Full body back

Yany0JL.jpg

Full left

PgYm5Ea.jpg

Full right

oFoaRoy.jpg

Ab detail

DmYjEHh.jpg

Left side detail

VfcrStD.jpg

Right side detail

ro8mhna.jpg

Internal strapping

B3uCbiJ.jpg

Cod-to-butt connection interior

bIbpbqd.jpg

Cod-to-butt connection exterior

QKXqGUj.jpg

Thigh ammo pack connection left

9cYI9BY.jpg

Thigh ammo pack connection right

mFq1Kz6.jpg

Sniper knee front

nrpIp6k.jpg

Sniper knee left

SJKatnY.jpg

Sniper knee right

aRh8YyG.jpg

*That small, square-ish protrusion behind the sniper knee is just a bit of foam padding. :-)

Action shot

xR5LuIf.jpg

Helmet photos

Helmet front

DkNBrrd.jpg

Helmet back

3kzYIHM.jpg

Helmet left

vFguZrn.jpg

Helmet right

y6iQJnC.jpg

Helmet Hovi-tip detail

5BcP44j.jpg

Helmet lens colour

RnCB9qH.jpg

Accessory photos

Ammo belt

2cDll1p.jpg

Neck seal front

oK4cq3k.jpg

Neck seal back

jQq2EnD.jpg

Blaster left

pqLNlSd.jpg

Blaster right

SFtMTSK.jpg

Blaster top-down

XQeATSV.jpg

Blaster D-ring

FmyV126.jpg

Thermal detonator back

8RClXYG.jpg

Thermal detonator screw

6yZuYGF.jpg

Holster attachment exterior

leTwI8E.jpg

Holster attachment interior

itw815Y.jpg

If you need any additional photos, let me know and I'll be happy to produce them! Thanks for your time and consideration. :-)

good job on that armor trooper !!

good call on that foam inside your shin/sniperknee 

I think the staff wil maybe give you a couple of things to tweek but looking very good !!

goodluck with your EIB application !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TK-40996 said:

good job on that armor trooper !!

good call on that foam inside your shin/sniperknee 

I think the staff wil maybe give you a couple of things to tweek but looking very good !!

goodluck with your EIB application !!

:-D Thanks a bunch!

1 hour ago, First0rder said:

Hi Brendan.  Thanks for your patience.  I’ll be doing your review and will take me a few days but just wanted to say you did a great job and should be proud. Hold tight Trooper. 

Hi there, thanks so much!! I appreciate it. :-D No rush!

5 minutes ago, First0rder said:

Hi Brendan,  Time permitting, can you include the following pics:

1) Gloves and handplates

2) Closer pic of the Front Shoulder Straps

3) TD pic with measurement. 

Certainly! Here you are:

Gloves and Handplates

Fttpvwk.jpg

h3PdjTS.jpg

Shoulder Bridges (front)

rBn9Lsq.jpg

Thermal detonator (with ruler)

ck4lgif.jpg

Thanks for your time! If you need anything else, let me know.

• First0rder changed the title to TK-61596 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) - (under review)
22 hours ago, First0rder said:

Hi Brendan,  Wont be much longer now and thanks for hanging in there. 

Andy

No worries at all! Thanks for the update :-)

18 hours ago, Alay said:

Marvelous looking kit!  You did a great job on the build! :)

Thanks very much!! I appreciate it! :-D Couldn't have done it without all the great guidance here. 

Nice work, just a couple of things that you could improve on, your drop boxes aren't aligned to the edge of the belt in a lot of photos, a dab of E6000 on the elastic loops can stop them moving, also looks like your counter may be a tad low

pqLNlSd.jpg2.png

Could drop the belt just a little, should line up just under the bottom button, yours appears to be covering the bottom of the button.

LlLlZpS.jpgRelated image

You may also need to supply photos of your bottom helmet screws ;) 

Good luck trooper

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, just a couple of things that you could improve on, your drop boxes aren't aligned to the edge of the belt in a lot of photos, a dab of E6000 on the elastic loops can stop them moving, also looks like your counter may be a tad low

Could drop the belt just a little, should line up just under the bottom button, yours appears to be covering the bottom of the button.

You may also need to supply photos of your bottom helmet screws ;) 

Good luck trooper

Thanks Q! I appreciate the feedback! :D

I see what you mean with the drop boxes—I'll get those fixed asap!

The E-11 counter is something that was pointed out to me but that I'm nervous about attempting to fix. :-( The blaster came as a single, resin model and I'd be afraid to start cutting pieces off. If necessary, though, I'd take the plunge!

In regards to the belt, I had it sitting a little lower before, but was advised to raise it up. I've read different opinions about the correct belt position relative to the ab buttons, so I'm not sure which is better—however, the gaps between my ab and my thighs were noticeably improved by raising the belt. I will certainly make a change if necessary, but raising it did seem like the right call. :-)

And finally, no problem, I can produce photos of my ear screws by tomorrow if needed!

Thanks for your thoughts! :-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Digz Graavz said:

Considering that a modded Rubies blaster is allowed at EIB I am a bit surprised to hear comments about your counter.  I didn't realize the level of detail required I guess.

Actually it's not required but suggested improvements for better screen accuracy.

"Nice work, just a couple of things that you could improve on"

Only those things that the Deployment Officers mention are required ;) 

Hi Brendan and thank you for your EIB application - 

In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requirements set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O. Staff, congratulations! 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. You have a great looking set of armor and you should be proud! Although at first glance it may seem like a lot, most of my suggestions that follow below are minor.

Starting from the helmet and working our way down.

Frown - The Paint looks great, however I did notice one tooth has a bit extra paint past the ideal line.  If you can kindly clean that one up. thanks

HelmetFront-Adjust.thumb.jpg.5bc03baee82214a85e15896d0f49ccb2.jpg

Reference: 

FrownPaint.jpg.5b86935e58abca800979480131e6c7f2.jpg

Ears - In this adjustment request, and it might be more of the angle the helmet picture was taken in, were looking for the ear screws to be within a straight line following the edge of the Trap,  I have drawn this green line and a reference picture.  Really the bottom screw is off a bit.  See what you can achieve to get the lower screw closer to the green line. thanks

Helmetleft-adjust.thumb.jpg.c941b647c2a9967f2c4f4350887cb006.jpg

Reference

HelmentEar.jpg.d5f67d129fe52dd9db554434aee3ab34.jpg

For the Right side, see if you can move the ear back a bit getting it closer to the green line.   This will also improve the distance between the Tear Drop and Ear. 

HelmetRight-adjust.jpg.bbf9721c3b008c2260968b5aea2895a2.jpg

Reference: 

Helmet-right-ear.jpg.19b6eabb2d9f93882dbb9ed7a45bccba.jpg

The Tube stripes appear to be a bit low.  The distance of the tube stripes should be a bit closer to the cheeks. 

HelmetFront-tubestripeadjust.thumb.jpg.927fbdea46a7176341c344c8a36da326.jpg

Reference Photo: 

Helmet-straighton.jpg.e10de769de276a44ed28a6ccf78603a9.jpg

The Traps on both the Left and Right side of the helmet look a bit small.  If possible fill in more area closer to the Green reference lines.  

Helmetleft-Trapsizeadjust.thumb.jpg.8bd19df174cc95e806388fe40c79ff63.jpg

Reference Picture 

Helmet-TrapSize.jpg.38c159a6795e537d005ac75f1849d3c5.jpg

Easy amendment.  Looks like your forearms are twisted a bit off axis, but that's easy, just twist them back :) 

RearArmsDown-adjust.thumb.jpg.3a818f90636da9003bf79353f7766d6f.jpg

Reference: 

RearArm-Alignment.png.ae1e3cd52f6deb47288c3a2b16c70cf7.png

The 4 button ab plate could definitely use some trimming, and the paint on the buttons is much wider than we like to see.  It should ideally be within the edges of the button itself and not extend past the edges.

Reference image

dNSqLx1.jpg   bQt8pP7.jpg?2

For the Belt, see if you can kindly trim off a bit more from the top.  On the screen they had little return edge to none.

Ive included green reference lines to achieve too. 

Belt-adjust.thumb.jpg.d7a1a363bba2cd7ef781570090cb3873.jpg

Reference photo:

Belt.jpg.584762056be7f7c24137a1e0a0fc67e3.jpg

Blaster D Ring - Looks a bit wide.  See if you can squeeze it a bit so the overall width matches the reference picture below

893450054_BlasterDRing.jpg.4df5082b8219bf5912359efc305ea1ad.jpg

Reference Picture:

1453092115_E11DRing.png.e33b43a902bbae05d347982f81ffd78d.png

The Henglester appears too low and needs to be raised.  See about raising it to be within the blue box. 

Blaster-Henglester-Adjust.jpg.2fc876a2b87841a8f695611a82963846.jpg

Reference

774930969_E11Henglester.png.7d314776b52a60d97d427b0a8acd52c9.png

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Although the wire screen mesh is the correct size, the white area underneath will have to be removed for level 3.  This should be fairly easy by removing the wire mesh, using a Dremel or razor knife to remove the plastic mesh and then adding the wire one back in.

HoviMic-adjust.jpg.d85f10ae2f8c2c6be794fb0ec252cdba.jpg

Reference images

QH9n4Ir.jpg?2   cotC39C.jpg?1  jgJzznk.jpg?2

Shoulder Bells - Look to tighten up the space on the bells distance to the chest.   Ideally we would like to see minimal to no space.  You may achieve this easily by tightening the strap which holds the bell to the shoulder strap.

kvhlKn4.jpg 

FrontFull-BellAdjust.jpg.3308cd64aad20902f1c55aaa08dc2f41.jpg

Reference Pic

Shoulderbell.jpg.6e001c3f6c45225627456193ed048abc.jpg

Looks like the Right and Left belt boxes are off alignment, the left looking better.  You may have to re-affix the strap on the rear for that one drop box. 

The drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

bZdrA3F.jpg   kruWR5d.jpg   

Reference Photo

Dropboxes2.jpg

Besides that all looks Fantastic and Congratulations once more!!!  Let us know if you have any questions and or concerns on these.

Thanks again

Andy

• Like 1

• First0rder changed the title to TK-61596 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) - (897)
2 hours ago, First0rder said:

Besides that all looks Fantastic and Congratulations once more!!!  Let us know if you have any questions and or concerns on these.

Thanks again

Andy

Thanks so much, Andy!! I appreciate the time you put into evaluating my armour so thoroughly. I look forward to approaching each of your suggestions! You rock!!

2 hours ago, giskard8 said:

Congratulations Brendan!

That was fast!

Welcome to the EIB, now off to prep for the next level!

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the EI ranks

Thanks guys!! :-D

Time to get to work! L3 awaits :-) :salute:

• Like 1

Nice work Brendan and congrats on approval.

Before you pull your helmet apart - keep in mind that the alignment of those ear screws can look off in pictures depending on the angle of the shot.  I have an AP kit and always thought my screws were a bit out based on pictures, but when looking at the helmet in person, it is very close to lining up to the edge of the trap.  I took a bunch of pictures to test, and sure enough... depending on the angle of the camera to the helmet, the screws can look really out to lunch.  Especially if you are close up to the helmet and using a wide angle lens (like what most smart phones have). 

Did the hovi mics come from AP like that? 

See you at Centurion!

• Like 3

Congrats on EIB! On to Centurion!

1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

Did the hovi mics come from AP like that?

If I recall correctly from his build thread they're ukswrath hovi speakers (they also look just like mine, so I think that they are). I found it odd because as far as I know they've never been called out as an issue for L3 approval in the past.

Prior to taking them apart I would suggest asking for clarification on that aspect as they might be damaged by opening them up.

• Like 2

Thanks for your input, everyone! 

Upon review, I think you guys are right, my EIB submission photos didn't show my ear alignment at the best angles. However I do think they still need some work. Darn ears. They were assuredly the most difficult part of my build. :icon_eek:

p5ORTSl.jpg

BzMntba.jpg

If they aren't L3-approvable as they are now, I think I'll be ordering another set from Mark and giving them another whirl from scratch. How important is it that the bottom screw is centred on the ear? For instance, on my left ear if I were just to move it over slightly it would be in alignment but be off-centre of the strip that it's on. Is that better? Re-doing the ear and altering the angle would be best, but I'm just curious. 

As for my right ear, I can see that it is indeed too far forward. On to the to-do list!

On 3/4/2019 at 9:44 AM, Scimitar said:

If I recall correctly from his build thread they're ukswrath hovi speakers (they also look just like mine, so I think that they are). I found it odd because as far as I know they've never been called out as an issue for L3 approval in the past.

Eric, thanks for your point about the hovi-tip mics—It was late and that didn't even cross my mind when I read Andy's review, haha. I can confirm that they are Ukswrath's hovi-tip speakers. That being the case, I am a little anxious about opening them up and fiddling with them for fear of either breaking them or, if that white piece is for protection, leaving the speakers exposed to damage while trooping.

I jumped on over to Eric's Centurion application and didn't see a mention of the hovi-speakers being an issue—has the CRL had a change? It just says "Correct 'hovi-mic' aerator tips" for L2 and no mention of them for L3. As much as I want to see this through all the way to L3, I reaaally like how the hovi-tip speakers sound. If they are an issue, I'd have to put some real thought into whether sacrificing them is worth it to me (not to mention they were a little pricey).

In the mean time, I'll be getting started on the belt/drop-boxes, shoulder bells and painting tweaks! Seriously, thanks so much Andy for the detailed review and to everyone else for your ongoing input. My armour will keep getting happier and happier because of it! :D

• Like 1