Timed armor up and a surprise photobomb!

pandatrooper

I did this for a promo video to support the BC Lung Associations Stair Climb for Clean air fundraiser. This is an event where participants see how long it takes to get up a 48 storey building in Vancouver. Funds are raised to help those with lung conditions, and as a tradition - firefighting teams from all around come to compete in full gear!

Yves Ho TD 9815 has done this for years IN COSTUME to compete with the firefighters. And yes, he is fast in armor! I did this event last year without armor and it was tiring!

Anyways, Yves challenged our garrison to see how fast we could gear up. Here's my submission, complete with distractions. :)

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, yo_its_nino said:

This was fun to watch! Never thought of attaching the TD onto the belt before donning the suit. Impressive job! 

I use traditional TD clips that I make. I just put a tiny piece of Velcro on the inside of the bent tab to prevent it from falling off etc. I was at this one troop where these kids kept knocking my TD off so I just modified it. Plus them it always stays centered and I don’t need anyone to help align it. :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 12:15 AM, pandatrooper said:

I have full latex hand guards with rubber gloves but I hate wearing them. :)

Nomex gloves, Don't leave home without them =)