TK-11703 Requesting ANH EIB Status (Anovos) (895)

Aaron Chorpenning

TK-11703

Beowshawitz

Garrison Tyranus

Armor Maker: Anovos

Helmet Maker: Anovos

Blaster: Hyperfirm

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 175 lbs

Boots: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt: Anovos

Neck Seal: Anovos

Holster: Anovos

Hand Plate: Silicone

Electronics: UKSwrath Hearing Assist & Hovi Tips

Front - Arms @ Side

ZPSJbP8.jpg

Back - Arms @ Side

MPZjeM2.jpg

Left - Arm Raised

mAGTiaV.jpg

Right - Arm Raised

XxW0nZ8.jpg

Right Side Detail - Arm Raised

6jjRRtU.jpg

Left Side Detail - Arm Raised

BpvTOyD.jpg

Abdomen Details

Y8jjR4d.jpg

Action Shot

aYgyROr.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

fmZPaqD.jpg

Interior Strapping

yBCpTqs.jpg

Helmet Front

bCa0CI3.jpg

Helmet Left

epR6ZUR.jpg

Helmet Back

9rgKhzi.jpg

Helmet Right

Eol8pzz.jpg

Helmet Hovi Details

3jtZgFN.jpg

Helmet Lens Color

Yao5kNg.jpg

Helmet Interior 1

VdFvKhI.jpg

Helmet Interior 2

IzwFtjh.jpg

Blaster Right

hHQ9Ybp.jpg

Blaster Left

DrI0yQX.jpg

Blaster Back

DTfHLzK.jpg

Neck Seal

vgJNY6Y.jpg

Thermal Detonator 

4c6AE2b.jpg

Thermal Detonator Closer

E3L5quj.jpg

Belt

DPZLCio.jpg

Left Shin Center

9pYiegE.jpg

Left Shin Inner

nvnhlOH.jpg

Left Shin Outer

pB1Mm5i.jpg

Right Thigh Center

S7DmUra.jpg

Right Thigh Inner

aK1ISix.jpg

Right Thigh Outer

1HCngHZ.jpg

Inside Thigh Ammo Pack 1

422nSFM.jpg

Inside Thigh Ammo Pack 2

A6CZiyz.jpg

Inside Thigh Ammo Pack 3

dwfOOPh.jpg

Inside Thigh Ammo Pack 4

AUVAND0.jpg

Edited by beowshawitz
Added additional pictures for thigh and shin as requested

Looking good. If I can make a small recommendation. The top of the belt should be sitting at the bottomof the AB botton plate. 

798C3E51-25BF-4EB3-B14A-3D4AB1F613DC.jpeg

Forgive my photo editing skills but I was trying to give you a visual. Good luck with your approval. 

Edited by TK-42134
  • Like 1

I see you listed Anovos for the belt. You may want to switch it out to a firmer belt like one from Imperial Issue. Ukswrath has an awesome build thread detailing how to make a belt, one from Imperial Issue in his thread, passable at higher levels.

http://imperialissue.com/

Edited by TK-42134

On 2/19/2019 at 3:27 AM, CableGuy said:

Looking smart, Aaron.

Could we kindly request the following photos, please;

Sniper knee - left, front, right

Thigh ammo pack - fixings, inside and out

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Dan,

I added the requested pictures to the bottom of the original post. I have a black felt tape covering the split rivet inside the thigh ammo packs, do you need me to remove that so you can see it?

7 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

I see you listed Anovos for the belt. You may want to switch it out to a firmer belt like one from Imperial Issue. Ukswrath has an awesome build thread detailing how to make a belt, one from Imperial Issue in his thread, passable at higher levels.

http://imperialissue.com/

Mark, thanks for the feedback. If I decide to go for centurion, I think I HAVE to replace this belt with an imperial issue one. I did add an abs insert into this belt for some more support. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, beowshawitz said:

Dan,

I added the requested pictures to the bottom of the original post. I have a black felt tape covering the split rivet inside the thigh ammo packs, do you need me to remove that so you can see it?

Hey Aaron

I will be doing your EIB review and yes please, I would like to see the inside fixings - thanks:salute:

• Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-11703 Requesting ANH EIB Status (under review)
5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Aaron

I will be doing your EIB review and yes please, I would like to see the inside fixings - thanks:salute:

Yes, sir. I'll get you a picture tomorrow showing the rivet without the black felt. 

• Like 1

Hi Aaron

I have started on your application and we hit a snag on the helmet and more particularly on the frown.

As per CRL:

Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

Anovos has had some history with over spray and it´s clear yours do to.

604l696.jpg?1

So in order to be able to continue and get you that EI badge I need you to remove the overspray and post a new pic when you are ready.

But fear not, some mineral spirits, a tootpick, cotton swab or any other weapon of choice should have this cleand up in no time. As a bonus you have to option to give the frown some extra TLC for that gnarly ANH-look, the painting and trimming of the teeth on the screen helmets was far from prestine and in my opinion that added to the look we all love, I´m providing some reference to help you decide on how you want it to look - if you wonder anything, please don´t hesitate to ask:salute:

XPrWph5.jpgJwBS9xJ.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Aaron

Thanks for your time. I have updated the original post to include the two pictures showing the inside of the ammo pack. Thanks

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, TheSwede said:
Hi Aaron
I have started on your application and we hit a snag on the helmet and more particularly on the frown.
As per CRL:
Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.
Anovos has had some history with over spray and it´s clear yours do to.
604l696.jpg?1&key=eb354971748386146697f6e3929088a5e83836c1f5e04c3ca9a4b73876fc2577

So in order to be able to continue and get you that EI badge I need you to remove the overspray and post a new pic when you are ready.
But fear not, some mineral spirits, a tootpick, cotton swab or any other weapon of choice should have this cleand up in no time. As a bonus you have to option to give the frown some extra TLC for that gnarly ANH-look, the painting and trimming of the teeth on the screen helmets was far from prestine and in my opinion that added to the look we all love, I´m providing some reference to help you decide on how you want it to look - if you wonder anything, please don´t hesitate to ask:salute:
XPrWph5.jpg&key=8c47e1d11b1c84f2ad8e1e1651211ee39e1f2d490640b9536aeb89464b78757bJwBS9xJ.jpg&key=e5f1b415f273b1b0c05dbecdf7be7ff8d7a4769b420deea31926249b0d3437cb

Ok, I'll get on that task and see if I can remove the over spray!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by beowshawitz
  • Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-11703 Requesting ANH EIB Status (pending photo)
  • TheSwede changed the title to TK-11703 Requesting ANH EIB Status (895)

Hi Aaron and thank you for your EIB application - we just love it when Troopers go that extra mile to look their best and for that I salute you:salute:

In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requriments set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Before we start I want to apologize for some of the pics that somehow have poor resolution, they were fine when I edited them but upon posting they changed. Instead of keeping you waiting I still feel they are good enough to work with.

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and after the clean up work on the frown I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O. Staff, congratulations! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. You have a great looking set of armor Aaron and you should be proud! Albeit at first glance, it may seem like alot but most of my suggestions that follow below are minor.

Starting from the helmet and working our way down.

You have a nice high brow worthy of a Sandtrooper, however the Stunts typically have a sligtly lower one as seen in the pic below. Disclamer* when wearing the helmet the brow hight is not that obvious so perhaps you`ve already tweeked it.

sfnzflT.png

Moving on to the ears, they should idealy have a slight angle to them so if you can do this without damaging the helmet I suggest you do so, it looks pretty close but would still look a bit better moving the ear so the bottom screw lines up to the blue line.

k90Qevg.jpgnYJ8xnB.jpg

On the screen used helmets the right side ear (if wearing it) usually had less of an angle but I included it in case you decide to go all out and do both sides and get the look of our "set for stun-Trooper"

rELB1ae.jpgNDNmX0l.jpg?1

Anovos usually puts the tube stripes a tad to far down on the cheek, a rule of thumb is a #2 pencil so if you are up to it I suggest moving them up.

kga0x3G.png

Next up we have the vocoder and although it´s pretty good I have pointed out some areas that could benefit from some TLC.

od59AGd.png

You did a fine job in painting those buttons and when I admired them I noticed that the panels themselves got a slight return left and as the ref pic shows, they should be flat. If you used E-6000 they should come of fairly easy and after some sanding they are golden.

qZ9kqqC.png

Turning the attention to the TD your clips are nicely butted up against the end caps, actually better than the referenced TD:duim: There are a few things I want to address though. Starting with said clips they should be cut straight rather than rounded and the control panel should butt up to them as seen in the ref pic. The screws are usually closer to the edge but short from buying a new set of clips there´s not much to be done, cutting them that much shorter might play havoc with how it sits on the belt so it´s more of an FYI. In this pic the lower right screw looks wrong but the close-up pic you provided confirms it to be the correct pan head style.

EtQptf4.png

The knee ammo belt, although correctly secured to the the lower edge per the CRL it should not protrude over it at the fixing point. Idealy it wraps around to each corner as per ref pic and is spaced evenly around the leg. We would really like to see this fixed for your Centurion application.

ppJ1CLn.pngNvvgZ2y.jpgQzSR3Ae.jpg

The sniper knee look to be leaning back quite a bit but at the same time appears to follow the ridges of the shin as per CRL so for the moment I will leave it as a suggestion to try and level it out, as a bonus that would help prevent the common issue with it catching under the thigh and possibly digging into your knee cap. If you decide to go for it, removing the return at the bottom will help in getting it more level/straight. I also suggest triming it as shown with the blue line to come even closer to screen accuracy.

M7gjlTi.pngP4LfHKh.jpg

Next we have some general spacing and my suggestion is to raise the left forearm and at the same time lower the right bicep to even out the gaps. Your thighs are really nice and high and truly in kepping with the ANH Troopers so I almost feel bad asking you to lower them but, with you beeing a taller Trooper it will look better if the spaces are more even:) I highlighted the bottom of the shins to ask if you have room to make them even more snug around the ankels/boots for that ANH-look.

G2B2UXc.png

TimCYDI.jpg

As you are taller we understand that it can be hard to close up that gap between the back and kidney more but we ask you to look into what can be done, it beeing lowering the backplate and/or raising the kidney/ab section but it won´t hold you back come Centurion. I also marked a cover strip on your right bicep that could stand a shave. Dropping those thighs as mentioned earlier will also give you some clearence in the back.

Ja0HPL7.png

Lastly we have the back of the shins and simply put just be sure to check how they line up with the help of a handler on your next Troop for a cleaner look.

P2b4IB4.png

I will round of these suggestions by mentioning your return edges. I noticed you have a fair amount left pretty much all around and that is all good (except for one particular armor piece but we´ll get to that) but if you experience any pinching, resticted mobility or such, know that you have alot to work with before the armor looses that illusion of thickness - again, your overall look is great:duim:

Let´s move on!

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application unless otherwise specified.

Let´s have at it!

With the frown now beeing up to snuff we leave the helmet and go straight for the shoulders. As per CRL there should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates. Tightening up the strapping should go a long way and also maybe double upp on the elastic between the chest and back as one can see it pulling out under the shoulder straps. I mentioned the return edges and though not manatory here, removing most of the lower edge will also help in bringing those bells closer.

7T9Reci.png

Moving down to the belt, as mentioned by your fellow Trooper, raising the belt to roughly were that blue line is would be a required fix. It could be as simple as adding some velcro in the center.

8pdOArL.png

Turning to the right side, ideally there´s no gap between the ab and kidney and yours is very close so thightening the belt is probably all that is needed.

QwVDN3k.png

Switching to the left we see that the rivets don´t quite line up, could be a dressing issue as I can´t see were the ab and kidney meet top and bottom as it´s hidden by the belt and chest plate. If not a dressing issue then moving the rivet is a required fix and it could be either one as long as all three are equally spaced as seen in the ref pic below. I see in your internal strapping pic that you used split rivets so it´s an easy one.

You did a good job in patching up Anovos "mistake" with having the Hero-configuration as default for the holster but for Centurion you will need a new belt and as such you will re-attach the holster and I suggest you move it a bit closer to the ammo belt, though not a mandatory fix but most of the Troopers had their holster closer to the ammo belt so why not go for it. 

0duMB6u.pngpYRPRvX.png

Turning to the back we have the shoulders and by trimming down the lower return of the shoulder bells and tightening the straps up top as mentioned previosly will help to close that gap more. As per CRL There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest and back plates.

You also have a shoulder bridge gone Rogue on you so strap that bad boy down with some Centurion grade 5mm white elastic.

A71SM61.png

DIsjV6c.jpg

Here we have those return edges I spoke about, for Centurion there can´t be any on the wrist ends of the forearms so that would need to be trimmed. See ref pic.

2gd6xOi.png

Again Congratulations on a successfull EIB application - great job:jc_doublethumbup:

I hope to see you back for your Centurion application and although it might seem like there´s alot to do it really isn´t and we all just want you to look your best! 

Now...prepare for your next Troop as the Empires newest Expert Infantry Man:salute:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hi Aaron and thank you for your EIB application - we just love it when Troopers go that extra mile to look their best and for that I salute you:salute:

In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requriments set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

[LARGE CHUNK REMOVED]

Again Congratulations on a successfull EIB application - great job:jc_doublethumbup:

I hope to see you back for your Centurion application and although it might seem like there´s alot to do it really isn´t and we all just want you to look your best! 

Now...prepare for your next Troop as the Empires newest Expert Infantry Man:salute:

Daniel,

Thanks for the good news and promotion! I appreciate your hard work and thoroughness in identifying my improvements for the next level. I will reference this information when I am able to work on these items (gotta finish a DT next). As a collective there does appear to be a lot, but for the most part they are not too bad. I can definitely apply some of them for better fitment and mobility prior to submission. The belt and helmet appear to be the most delicate. :) Thank you very much for your support!

15 minutes ago, beowshawitz said:

Daniel,

Thanks for the good news and promotion! I appreciate your hard work and thoroughness in identifying my improvements for the next level. I will reference this information when I am able to work on these items (gotta finish a DT next). As a collective there does appear to be a lot, but for the most part they are not too bad. I can definitely apply some of them for better fitment and mobility prior to submission. The belt and helmet appear to be the most delicate. :) Thank you very much for your support!

My pleasure Aaron:salute:

And to be perfectly clear: although we would love to see you attend to all suggestions the only mandatory fixes are those on the Centurion section. In other words the helmet is good to go for Centurion as it stands:duim: But there´s no rush - enjoy the promotion - build the next costume - work on improvements little by little when you have the time - then submitt and rock a clean Centurion application:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1