TK UK Armour?

Hi guys,

I'm new to all this and last year I purchased a TK UK armour, using the 2 for 1 deal so that myself and my mate could build the kit together. Gradually I've built it and it's nearly finished, it's starting to look (at least to my untrained eye) like a good looking kit. I've trimmed and cut it to make it a nice fit, I've also been using tutorials and tips from all the great folks here on these forums. But I'm also aware of controversy with the seller and the armour itself, with some forums claiming that it's not 501st approvable, although I have seen some members make it work. Could one of you fine people please point out what the faults of the kit are and what I will need to alter in order to make it work? I'll post some images of it when it's done. 

Many thanks in advance,

Jasper

Hello and welcome aboard, you'll find some info in this thread

Ultimately it will be your GML (garrison membership liaison) who will be looking over your application so I would advise contacting him/her in regards to it's approval, to find your local garrison head here

• Like 2

Hi Jasper,

If you’d like to post some pictures we’d be happy to give you pointers.

This make of armour CAN be cleared, however, as you mentioned it takes more effort than many armour makes due to the way it’s produced. We can try to help you as much as possible.

Best wishes
Dan

It can be cleared. However, the work involved involves a fair bit more time than other vendors out there. The "clam" seems to be, for the taller and larger trooper and needs a lot of attention and trimming. Some parts need swapping out, such as the hovi mics. Ultimately it's down to the buyer, and it's great value for money. But, you have to be prepared to do A LOT of work, and expect to invest more cash, to get cleared at basic level.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have you signed up over at the UK Garrison? http://ukgarrison.co.uk/forum

Once you have an account post a Work In Progress (WIP) in the armoury section and the armoury team will guide you to a clearable costume.  They are really good at what they do and have all build and seen loads of different builds so will know exactly what needs doing.  

I'm based in Hertfordshire in the UK. 
There are a few tkuk builds on the ukg at the moment mate.
Why not have a look, you can then make a decision on whether to go for one or not. I'm one of the armoury team over there. Like i say, there is a fair bit of work involved but they can be cleared mate. Have a look and base a decision on what you think.

10 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Have you signed up over at the UK Garrison? http://ukgarrison.co.uk/forum

Once you have an account post a Work In Progress (WIP) in the armoury section and the armoury team will guide you to a clearable costume.  They are really good at what they do and have all build and seen loads of different builds so will know exactly what needs doing.  

Just signed up and am currently waiting for my account to be activated. I'll get some pics ready. Thanks very much mate!

9 hours ago, CTID said:

There are a few tkuk builds on the ukg at the moment mate.
Why not have a look, you can then make a decision on whether to go for one or not. I'm one of the armoury team over there. Like i say, there is a fair bit of work involved but they can be cleared mate. Have a look and base a decision on what you think.

Thanks for the help mate. Good to know that it's possible at least

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...