TK-11 YoshiTrooper reporting for duty!!!!

Soulart

Good grief!!!!!

I haven’t logged on and reported since forever!!!!

You know... I truly think of it all the time, just never seem to write it down. I keep saying I’ll get better... hahahahaha I’m just the worst!

So!!!! Here goes! 44166790fbfccb7dcd040a3d22232980.jpg

All the reasons why I joined this Legion of “Bad Guys Doing Good” are right here in these photos.

I’ve posted about this youngling before. We met Declan for his 6th birthday Sept 2016. I was 1 of 4 TK’s able to attend this day in hospital. We knew his odds and they weren’t good. Declan had a rare adult form of Leukaemia needing a stem cell transplant, of which a proper match could not be found. Even with a donor, his odds were horrifying.

We became his troopers. His support. His Garrison. He believes we are real. All of us. Many times during his treatments, he was close to giving up.

Sometimes he couldn’t eat. Couldn’t speak. Was done. I could see it in his eyes. Often, the only thing that could get him to respond was the messages. Pictures. Letters. I’ve wrote about this before.

We created a FB page for Declan a while back, and so many of you all over this Galaxy, wrote him. Sent him encouragement. Shared yourself with him. Sent gifts. Went out of your way to cheer his day. Some of you from Florida shared time with him.

You cannot know what this has meant to him. To his family. To so many of us.

As some of you know, our Garrison created him his own set of armor, graciously donated and gifted to him from Walt’s Trooper Factory, of which we presented to him just before he left for his transplants. Making him an honorary member in our Garrison as TK-11. Going by the name of Yoshucksrooper. He was not able to wear it until recently. Upon a visit a couple months ago, I discovered that he couldn’t fit it. And he so desperately wished to wear it.

Unbeknownst to members at an Armor Party today, Declan was invited to join us and Garrison members worked together in his armor to be certain he could troop. Though He still has many obstacles to overcome, and is still fighting for his life, his spirit is amazing to witness.

c84df8bb33c578bf117fae789d73f483.jpg

e3b8988e5b379ed10ef23d21e38b5059.jpg

247c717cc5956eb717d0cdef1d2e7dd7.jpg

508fb5cbaf73b91f77d4d6905530ebd4.jpg

Out of all that happened today, Declan remembered that we had tucked a special coin in his drop box. He dug it out, and wanted to have his first coin challenge. A couple of us had instructed him on what he needed to do, and he approached our CO / TK-12175 and slapped his coin down on the table. Of course coins came out of all corners of the room, and not only did this youngling wear his armor with pride, but he felt part of the new family he had been desperately wishing he could join. Complete with a coin challenge!!!!

48b582106a468406f17aeb5ababfe039.jpg

It was a celebration of many things this evening. Friends. Family. Love. Legion. Beauty. Struggles we overcome. A celebration of Life. A young life.

In his eyes and smile, standing there in that little white set of armor, in that room, was all the reasons why I joined this Legion. A very clear reminder of the things that matter most.

I love my Garrison Family. They really are incredible humans. I’m grateful to the Legion, this Detachment, and my ability to be a member of the 501st. Without them, I’d never have met these people, built and worn my white TK, nor met this little boy.

I just wanted to share that with you.

With pride and a happy heart,

TK-41307/SoulArt/GeekyPink

Badlands Garrison

691bff74d0fcacc277464b0505fb1d9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Who is cutting the onions? You go little trooper and make our Empire proud.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Oh Rat you’d have loved to see him! He was SO proud! Of course I cried. At one point once he was all dressed, he raised his arms over his head and yelled excitedly!!!!
Oh yes little TK.... I know what feeling!
Ugh.
Instant tears!

• Like 1

Dawww!  Thank you for posting up this report that's so cute! You guys rock

Thank you Sarah!
It seems so tiny of a chest when holding it... yet on him it was huge still.
Such a great day all around.

• Like 2

Yeah our Garrison did a group build similar to his. Well he doing an adjustment/fix day combined with a armor party early next month.

• Like 1

Yeah our Garrison did a group build similar to his. Well he doing an adjustment/fix day combined with a armor party early next month.

That’s so exciting for you all!!!!

That’s so exciting for you all!!!!

Unfortunately I I missed the build part, but contributed parts for the build. Hoping to meet him at the party. Need to do some centurion fixes.

Unfortunately I I missed the build part, but contributed parts for the build. Hoping to meet him at the party. Need to do some centurion fixes.

I had some repairs to do on my Phasma yesterday but somehow they just didn’t get done. ;)

He's a special Trooper that's for sure. I have had the pleasure of meeting and Trooping with TK-11 on his last trip to Disney. 

That was his wish trip!
So wonderful to meet you

Proud to have him among the ranks. Thanks for this report; giving children like Declan a reason to smile, amidst a health condition that gives all the reason to frown, is why I joined. Great work and happy to see this! 

• Like 2

Proud to have him among the ranks. Thanks for this report; giving children like Declan a reason to smile, amidst a health condition that gives all the reason to frown, is why I joined. Great work and happy to see this! 

Thank you for reading :)

• Like 1

With the greatest appreciation - thank you sharing that field report Teresa!

You’re on going work with Declan is above and beyond - my bucket off and salute.

• Like 1

I love your troop reports Teresa, always so meaningful and hit you in the feels. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I love your troop reports Teresa, always so meaningful and hit you in the feels. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you!