Linz AM ANH build thread WIP

Looking good nice work on the build, if I may just suggest a couple of tweaks shouldn't be a hold up for basic though just suggestions:

Your shoulder bells have a different gap, your left should come in a little more.

Belt should come up a little more, it should sit just under the bottom ab button.

You have a big gap around the knees, I did too, so I added some foam on the inside of the shins at the bottom so when I closed them they sat higher up on the boots, not a hold up for basic will just look a bit better. 

Looking good nice work on the build, if I may just suggest a couple of tweaks shouldn't be a hold up for basic though just suggestions:

Your shoulder bells have a different gap, your left should come in a little more.

Belt should come up a little more, it should sit just under the bottom ab button.

You have a big gap around the knees, I did too, so I added some foam on the inside of the shins at the bottom so when I closed them they sat higher up on the boots, not a hold up for basic will just look a bit better. 

Cheers. Will adjust shoulder bell and get it closer, just needs an additional snap. I’ve added some Velcro so will get the belt nudged up a bit.
Good shout re shins, was going to add foam as they started to spin a turn a bit but also want them to sit higher. To close the gap as much as I can .
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hi Linz,

Looking good.

Apart from the arms being on the wrong arms (doh, lol), I’d just highlight some of the return edges on the limbs. It looks like you have a lot of return edge on the lower thighs (near knees), top of shins, and also around the ankle - the ankle usually has zero return edge. Whilst this probably won’t affect approval, it might get mentioned if you apply for the higher levels. It might also be uncomfortable.

Here’s a couple of examples.

cc232792706446c9be1b765c0d58a735.jpg

1d029544eac54b62f593fbb54a089fd9.jpg

Best of luck with clearance. :-)

Hi Linz,

Looking good.

Apart from the arms being on the wrong arms (doh, lol), I’d just highlight some of the return edges on the limbs. It looks like you have a lot of return edge on the lower thighs (near knees), top of shins, and also around the ankle - the ankle usually has zero return edge. Whilst this probably won’t affect approval, it might get mentioned if you apply for the higher levels. It might also be uncomfortable.

Here’s a couple of examples.

cc232792706446c9be1b765c0d58a735.jpg&key=241388913be9e9b00b7be392825cf1f5ae993fd91d9c49e911e03ab52d13c8ac

1d029544eac54b62f593fbb54a089fd9.jpg&key=23c16fab2c246b7b03c432d9934eeee8aaab484112e2bc4da2142db608b75fe5

Best of luck with clearance. :-)

Thanks buddy. You noticed the arms then? I have them labelled up, gotta be the first time I’ve put them on wrong. It did get picked up so will re do pictures.
I was reluctant to remove lower shin return edge (boot end) as I need as much length as possible in them being 6’4” so I’m going to have to leave them. Other return edges I kept as I have really thin legs and hoped they gave a few cm extra depth as well as making it look a big more beefy. Will it be a deal breaker as nothing in CRL about return edges on majority of parts other than wrist end in forearms?
Cheers for ongoing feedback, it’s all really handy

Hi mate.

No, shouldn’t affect clearance, just a personal choice really. If you choose to apply for EIB and Centurion, these will likely be mentioned as the screen used suits had less return edge - although, it’s not technically in the CRL so would more likely be a “suggestion”. If you watch the opening scene of ANH, you’ll notice that the armour still looks amazing even with the slightly shallower return edge. See how it goes, bud.

Not long til you can get out there and troop.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, Linz said:

With the thigh ammo pack, could someone give me pointers on where it’s supposed to attach to the leg? Seen lots of threads but can’t quite tell whether I need to trim ends etc
35ef4cffb441e59f9668b87f9b602a0a.jpgdb8073b650ea59d5962c4445d82ae58d.jpg084ea101e126feb43c9c1408120a80a9.jpge21eb62b706db6f05c90de66db74018a.jpg

I have the AM kit too. I put some extra bends in to fit it right and put the rivets where they are in the pictures I referenced. These pics have Chicago screws holing it on but I’ve since bought the correct rivet kit from Troooerbay. It does the AB/kidney straps and the knee ammo belt and are centurion level split rivets and washers. Double cap or single cap rivets are also accepted. I prefer single cap or split rivets myself. 

hzK5bXV.jpg

Make sure to round the corners. The rivet locations in the thighs are easier to see on the inside of these pics. 

ykZvcey.jpg

• Like 1

Fingers crossed again, got arms on correct sides this time, obviously just testing everyone before, no one would be that daft to put arms on the wrong sides especially when they’re labelled up inside
7023e35fe710fe2992e9be96bfeef9c9.jpga3071fe8f2f499d18458115803734e25.jpg

• Like 2

Been cleared. Just awaiting confirmation on TK number and find event to join.
Thanks everyone for your help, advice and support, really appreciate it

• Like 3

Been cleared. Just awaiting confirmation on TK number and find event to join.
Thanks everyone for your help, advice and support, really appreciate it

Excellent news!!! Welcome to the 501st and the UKG. Hopefully troop with you in the future. :-)

Dan
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 6:01 PM, Linz said:

Button panels painted today, side poppers added, fashioning a slide catch to help keep it aligned. Elastics added to arm parts. Gloves ordered. Re measure of legs so hope to get them finished this week.
84884a594cc3f80c08755124edee7efe.jpg3849a868e7991f47d3e1cd19eb23fdfa.jpg0371379d68156a61ad36859bc09a9e00.jpga7e05d5694b67d125bd55d5e8769a62a.jpg

It's a floating TK torso!

Hi. I’ve been cleared and submitted options for my TK number, how long does it usually take to get confirmation on this as it’s not showing on UKG site? Also can anyone advise where I find local events to do my induction? I’m in Bristol. Thanks

Hi. I’ve been cleared and submitted options for my TK number, how long does it usually take to get confirmation on this as it’s not showing on UKG site? Also can anyone advise where I find local events to do my induction? I’m in Bristol. Thanks

Hiya.

Probably within a week to get confirmation of your number.

Regarding an induction, you should now have access to the “events” part of the UKG forum. Look for the troops with “induction” marked in the header as there are quite a few throughout the year. If you’re happy to travel, MCM London in May is an EPIC event and is also usually an induction troop. :-)

Dan

Hiya.

Probably within a week to get confirmation of your number.

Regarding an induction, you should now have access to the “events” part of the UKG forum. Look for the troops with “induction” marked in the header as there are quite a few throughout the year. If you’re happy to travel, MCM London in May is an EPIC event and is also usually an induction troop. :-)

Dan

Thank you, do I just keep an eye on the My UKG page for TK number to appear?
May fairly booked up but sounds great. Can’t wait to actually get out in it

Thank you, do I just keep an eye on the My UKG page for TK number to appear?
May fairly booked up but sounds great. Can’t wait to actually get out in it

This is what I can see currently
2a7911d4fc817c1e68436898dc4954f3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations once again.

First request higher access here 

Then have a read through the EIB section (you must be approved as an EI before you can request Centurion) 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantryman-program/

• Like 2

I’m struggling to find any event that allows induction on the events list. Are these quite infrequent? I live in Bristol but if available prepared to travel but every public event I check seems to not be open for induction?

4 hours ago, Linz said:

I’m struggling to find any event that allows induction on the events list. Are these quite infrequent? I live in Bristol but if available prepared to travel but every public event I check seems to not be open for induction?

UKG is usually pretty good at assisting new troopers. @CableGuy @CTID @themaninthesuitcase can you assist? 

UKG is usually pretty good at assisting new troopers. [mention=31976]CableGuy[/mention] [mention=13824]CTID[/mention] [mention=23806]themaninthesuitcase[/mention] can you assist? 

Thanks for the heads up, Mr P. :-)

Linz, I’ll pop you a PM. :-)
  • Like 2

We're coming into the season now so they should pop up more often.  It will need to be an all day troop with one of the staff or events team there, if that's the case and it's not marked as an induction just ask if it can be made into one, they can't always but always worth asking.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Few queries. I’ve put in request for EIB status, do I just wait for it to be picked up by someone to assess?

Also how does everyone get those cool picture blocks in your profiles that show your level, picture and associated images?

Still trawling through events to see which I can attend, hardly any open to induction or on a suitable date/location so still trying to get myself on one.

Cheers all

Linz

2 hours ago, Linz said:

do I just wait for it to be picked up by someone to assess?

That’s a yes:duim: we’ll be with you as soon as possible, there are a few applications we’re working on at the moment:salute:

• Like 1