Linz AM ANH build thread WIP

Hi, 

looking to to start a build thread for my AM ANH Stormtrooper build.

is this the right place to begin to show what I’m doing and get general feedback and support? 

Got the kit and looking to get started. 

Thanks 

Linz 

Fantastic. Happy to be here.

Story so far. I have an AM ANH Stunt kit. Helmet has been built by them, I received it today and personally think it looks stunning, just going to put some additional padding on the inside as although I'm quite tall, I have a tiny head it seems. I have received the helmet and kit this week and have been busy buying lots of bits, boots, neck seal, all tools required whilst I have waited for it to arrive. The kit looks great. Somewhat nervous getting started.

I have built a Doodydoos blaster too.

Just going to test loading some photos of what I have.

I've read lots of build threads and have an idea of how I want to approach the build and naturally would love to achieve Centurion level if I can.

Any advice welcome and I'll try and get things moving on here.

Thanks 

• Like 2

Very nice, just a tip but if you use an online photo host such as Imgur you can post images directly in to your thread. Here's a guide how to use Imgur

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linz said:

bf53cab3e553be0c4968901148e85e38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Linz welcome. Just a little helpful suggestion regarding your blaster. The Hengstler counter should be located a bit lower.

609226153_linze11b.jpg.92d3538220d90088097c8640ebbebf61.jpg

Here's a reference photo

1-crop.JPG.e0b204f3577214a2db833432c25e5561.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome, Linz!  First, let me say that starting a build thread was a wise move.  Please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like (no matter how small) and know that we have your back.  Whenever possible, include as many detailed photos as you can (we LOVE photos)... they really are worth a thousand words.  Also, if you are in doubt about something, always ask before moving ahead, i.e. cutting or gluing.

Another piece of advice I always offer is to take... your....time.  I know you want to get out there and get trooping, but rushing things only leads to mistakes. 

Again, welcome, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome. It’s so daunting!
At this point I’m just staring at the kit with a bucket load of tools on the table and wondering where to start. Been busy making snap fasteners to get going.
So where do I start? Top down, shins up? I’m thinking to get properly started doing the upper body part, connecting all together then move to the arms, then the legs.
Is there a go to list for specification of rivets for torso and screws for detonator etc and where is the go to place for detonator metal clips?
Thanks again

Research is the key, there are a lot of build threads out there to follow, also have a read through this

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Linz said:

Is there a go to list for specification of rivets for torso and screws for detonator etc and where is the go to place for detonator metal clips?

I have a list here that shows everything you will need:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

For the TD clips, Tony can hook you up:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32554-fs-screen-accurate-td-belt-clips-with-pan-head-screws/

• Like 1

Just now, justjoseph63 said:

I have a list here that shows everything you will need:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

You know that's the link I posted ;) 

• Like 1

Research is the key, there are a lot of build threads out there to follow, also have a read through this

That’s great thanks. Think it’s just the clips, rivets and screws I need now as by some miracle seem to have all/most tools required from the list. Really useful link cheers

• Like 1

Order of building is up to you! I personally assembled the arms first, then the legs, then the ab details, and then finally I strapped them all together. Finished with the belt

Edited by lucnak
spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. Links provided are really useful.
I’ve decided to upgrade my snap fasteners as I’m not satisfied with the 2 packs I’ve bought. Where are people getting their Tandy snaps from? I’m searching online and it seems every snap seems to promise being heavy duty but they aren’t.

Also if someone has a link to where they have bought split rivets too that would be ace as don’t want to keep buying the wrong stuff. Also for the 3 speed Chicago rivets? And also the TD screws

Will check out the detonator clip guy and put an order in.

Just the belt to buy, then I guess the time would have come to stop procrastinating and get on with it.

Thanks all

Thanks for this. Sadly first supplier doesn’t deliver to UK address and second one wants $49 for shipping?!
Is there any suggestions for UK suppliers for snaps, rivets and screws that tick the box?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Linz said:

Thanks for this. Sadly first supplier doesn’t deliver to UK address and second one wants $49 for shipping?!
Is there any suggestions for UK suppliers for snaps, rivets and screws that tick the box?

Thanks

You can always go with screen accurate Poppers. Those you can get in your neck of the woods.