Armor For Larger Troopers

After some looking around and some email conversations with some vetted armor vendors, I have narrowed my choices down according to price. However, there's a problem; I weigh a lot more than the men the armor was originally designed for! I'm a former swimmer and am quite muscular, as well as only 5' 10''. My chest, thighs, and waist are enormous and I don't think I'll really fit anything without a mean shimming job. Are there kits out there for people like me, or is there some creative shim work in my future? I have head that AM and RT-MOD are good for larger people.

Hey Austin, yes AM and RT-Mod will probably be your best bet if you're a larger trooper. Unfortunately you won't exactly how the armor will fit you until you have it in your hands. We have quiet a few larger troopers here and I'm pretty confident we should be able to guide your through the process of altering yours if it needs it. Welcome to the FISD by the way. 

I am 5' 10", as stated before, and weigh 240 pounds.

Your fine with AM. I’m 5’10” and started my build at about 245-250 finished and went up to a tad over 260 and still wore it (some extra pinching though) If you shoot for EIB/centurion you’ll probably have to shim the sides but basic would be no problem at all. I don’t know the weight restrictions to what it can be made to fit but I know I took a decent amount off to fit my body and would imagine I could have been closer to 300 and still made it fit. Now obviously body shape plays into that, if you reach that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...