IMPERIAL BOOTS VS TK BOOTS

Okay, I read that TK boots are basically outta business, but if they were to become available to pick up, should I purchase? Or, go with the Imperial Boots?

Troopers, which do *you* prefer out of those two options, and why? What are pros and cons to them? 

I've seen a YouTube video of a member comparing the two, giving his opinion on them both, and he was sayin' the leather is much more thicker on the TK Boots and could potentially cause problems with the lower leg armor with fit.

I was considering on picking up TK, due to the soles, but if that reason is common for most, I would probably select the Imperial Boots, rather. 

So, my quistion is: What are your experiences between the two? What do you like and dislike about them? 

Any other approved brands? I currently just know of Imperial Boots & TK Boots. 

Thanks in advance for those that participate.

I have both and they both have pros and cons. IF, TK Boots were still making boots I would consider buying another set from them. Just my opinion, I believe TK Boots is a higher quality boot. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, ukswrath said:

I have both and they both have pros and cons. IF, TK Boots were still making boots I would consider buying another set from them. Just my opinion, I believe TK Boots is a higher quality boot. 

That's what I was thinking, but became somewhat discouraged, after the person in the YouTube video mentioning the potential problems with the less durable leather can possibly mess with the lower leg armor flopping outta place or whatever :mellow: Have you had problems relating to that?

I have 2 sets of Imperial boots, and after countless troops I have had no problems and could not be happier, and these things have been through hell.  With Imperial, I suggest ordering a half size larger than you normally wear, as they run a tiny bit on the small side.

As for the lower leg armor coming out of place, it's a matter of how you trim the calf (lower leg).  The boots should not affect the bottom of the calf at all.  A common problem some have is that the boot pops out from under the calf, but this can be prevented by not cutting the bottom too narrow or too short.  

If you should have that problem, there are a few ways to fix it.  Some add Velcro to the bottom of the inside of the calf and at the top of the boots, or you can make stirrup style setups (easy to do).  With all the knowledge here at the FISD, we can help you fix any problems you may experience... all ya' gotta do is ask and we have your back.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FanboyNightmare said:

That's what I was thinking, but became somewhat discouraged, after the person in the YouTube video mentioning the potential problems with the less durable leather can possibly mess with the lower leg armor flopping outta place or whatever :mellow: Have you had problems relating to that?

Don't get me wrong other suppliers like Imperial make a very good boot. Even to this day since TK boots are no longer being made Imperials are what I promote but, if we're comparing apples to apples TK boots are a higher quality boot because of the thickness of the material, stronger straps, more durable soles just to name a few. That said, since they are no longer being made and most likely there's no support if something goes wrong we can remove them from the equation ;) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 4:51 AM, justjoseph63 said:

I have 2 sets of Imperial boots, and after countless troops I have had no problems and could not be happier, and these things have been through hell.  With Imperial, I suggest ordering a half size larger than you normally wear, as they run a tiny bit on the small side.

As for the lower leg armor coming out of place, it's a matter of how you trim the calf (lower leg).  The boots should not affect the bottom of the calf at all.  A common problem some have is that the boot pops out from under the calf, but this can be prevented by not cutting the bottom too narrow or too short.  

If you should have that problem, there are a few ways to fix it.  Some add Velcro to the bottom of the inside of the calf and at the top of the boots, or you can make stirrup style setups (easy to do).  With all the knowledge here at the FISD, we can help you fix any problems you may experience... all ya' gotta do is ask and we have your back.

Im looking for boots.  I want to make sure of the site before ordering.  www.imperialboots.com   Thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Darth Katz said:

Im looking for boots.  I want to make sure of the site before ordering.  www.imperialboots.com   Thanks! 

You will be happy with www.imperialboots.com, many troopers have them and I've not heard any complaints.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, Stegosaurus said:

I also heard that TK Boots was going out of business, but I just looked and they’re still there, and still selling boots.  

No, they are done with boots and only getting rid of what is in stock.

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, Rampage13 said:

Where can you get the boots

TK Boots no longer supply, most go through Imperial Boots, they open up once a month for orders, next opening 4th February 

https://www.imperialboots.com/

On 2/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, Rampage13 said:

Where can you get the boots

The link Glen gave you for Imperial Boots is perfect.  They hold up really well and ship quickly once their monthly run is complete.  They do tend to run a bit on the small side, though, so I always suggest ordering a full (or at least a half) size larger than what you normally wear.

• 9 months later...

I'd like to add to this that TK boots from Imperial Boots have absolutely worthless insoles. Throw. Them. Out. Fast. Don't even use them once.

I replaced them immediately with Dr. Scholl's inserts for $15. I can't even stress the importance of doing so. Night and day difference.

Standing for 30 minutes in the original insoles is torture, lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoodleLegs said:

I'd like to add to this that TK boots from Imperial Boots have absolutely worthless insoles. Throw. Them. Out. Fast. Don't even use them once.

I replaced them immediately with Dr. Scholl's inserts for $15. I can't even stress the importance of doing so. Night and day difference.

Excellent feedback Richard, thank you for this useful information.

10 hours ago, NoodleLegs said:

Have they got worse in the last few years? I have some from probably the 2nd or 3rd Wave they did and even 2 days solid it was fine.  Yes my feet hurt but I'd been stood up for 2 days so that's going to happen.

Granted they could be better but they are not the worst inner soles I own.

I have both TK Boots and Imperial Boots and replaced the insoles of both. I found the original insoles for both to be pretty thin and uncomfortable.

I much prefer the TK Boots as they are wider and fit better for me. Both pairs are size 12 (I wear size 11 but have wide feet) and although the length of both boots are fine, the Imperial Boots are narrower and squeeze my toes. I have other boots from Imperial Boots - TIE pilot and Tank Trooper (also size 12) - and they are fine in the width, but the TK version are much narrower. Here's a picture of the TK Boots (on the left side) and Imperial Boots (on the right side) right shoe. The front of the boot is much tighter, as is the opening at the top down to the ankle.

tk-imperial-boots.jpg

One thing I've not had issues with is the boots, I have both TK and IB boots, use the standard insoles without issue. We are all different and something for one person can be different for another. Always good to hear feedback though for those looking. 

FYI anyone reading this thread TK boots no longer supply boots, haven't for a few years now, they were having supply issues as well as loss in sales due to the emergence of Imperial Boots ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Have they got worse in the last few years? I have some from probably the 2nd or 3rd Wave they did and even 2 days solid it was fine.  Yes my feet hurt but I'd been stood up for 2 days so that's going to happen.

Granted they could be better but they are not the worst inner soles I own.

I'm new to this gig, so I can't speak for prior versions. 

The ones I recently received from Imperial Boots though had paper-thin insoles. They were just completely worthless (but the boots are beautiful). I'm not very big or heavy, so even for me they were horrendously uncomfortable for any length of time. 

I think people might underestimate just how important proper foot support and impact reduction for shoes is in general (or they might just not know any better). I play a lot of sports and was in the military as well, so understanding and having proper foot/boot fit is on my radar. From lower-back pain to knees and hips, bad foot support affects everything.

It's a really easy swap as far as costuming goes, and I highly, highly recommend buying some impact/gel insoles with proper arch support for all shoes, not even just costuming (Vans and Converse in particular are horrible offenders). So many shoes just have horrible insoles from the manufacturer. 

Don't sleep on it! It might change your life, haha. Anyway, I hope this perspective helps. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, was reading this thread as I am close to completing my Anovos ANH (Stunt) kit and am looking for boots. I have a pair but they have the seam in front which isn’t approved for century level. I checked the Imperial boots site and didn’t see anything as it says their store is down until next run. Any others out there?

Maybe check in with Crowprops, Gio has an anniversary sale on now for the next 7 days with 10% off

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108653819216581

• 3 weeks later...

Is imperialboots no longer..?
I get a message saying the connection is not private and the website may be trying to impersonate and steal info, etc.
I’m on safari browser on my iPhone.
Did they possibly change to “KeepTrooping.com”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk