[43] TK-61596 (Mayo)'s Troop Log

MakeNoiseMan

NON-TK Troops: December 19th and December 22nd, 2019—Toronto and London, ON

What a year. I hope you all are healthy and well!

I wanted to catch up my troop log even though there isn't much happening at the moment. Since this thread is also a troop record for personal use, I hope it's okay if I include some troops where I'm dressed as something else! Of course, I won't count these toward the official tally for badges. ;)

Both of these events were premieres for Rise of Skywalker last Christmas. The first was the Canadian premiere in Toronto, and it was super memorable! Right up there with Pride 2019 and Weird Al for magical experiences that I never thought I'd get to do. I was dressed as Plo Koon—I'm all the way on the left in the group line-up. 

dNb0sm7.jpg

dpjtnZe.jpg

And some other cool shots. A good-looking crew! 

8D3jOfe.jpg

cqy9jIZ.jpg

3yr84Km.jpg

VATa6kZ.jpg

That same week, we had a smaller event at a local theatre for charity. Smaller theatre—but comfier chairs. B) I was Plo Koon at this one, too.

nHaf43Q.jpg

aGSSeWZ.jpg

kqXQupD.jpg

Jd5NPxn.jpg

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
  • Like 1

Troop #20: January 24th, 2020—Ontario Collector's Con, Mississauga, ON

Retro-actively posting an event from January; to be honest, I don't remember much about it. :laugh1: It was just over eleven months ago, yet it feels like a decade has passed. But I do have a picture! So, voilà, Troop #20!

is6oOik.jpg

Edited by MakeNoiseMan

Troop #21: November 14th, 2020—Santa Claus "Reverse" Parade, London, ON

After a long, pandemic-induced hiatus from trooping, I was thrilled to have the chance to suit up for this neat reverse parade near my hometown. We, along with all the other "floats", set up stationary displays along the runways of the local airport. Cars would drive through single-file and wave from their windows. It was a joy! A very clever alternative, too. It was non-stop traffic from start to finish—I'm told the line-up for entry was over 5km long! Great turnout and tons of fun.

That's me on the far right in the Christmas sweater.

lCFjhfw.jpg

dKI9zv6.jpg

7rVFZqH.jpg

nFIEaEH.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Troop #22: August 14th, 2021—Free Comic Book Day, London, ON

Nine months and three lockdowns since the Santa Claus parade last year, our squad got to do our first troop of 2021! While guests waited in line to participate in Free Comic Book Day at our local comic store, we offered photo ops and collected donations for Make-A-Wish. It felt SO good to kit up again. Hopefully it isn't too much longer before we get the chance to do it again. Plus, we raised $370 for Make-A-Wish—woohoo!

IaCrhNU.jpg

I'm the rightmost TK, next to the TIE pilot. 

RKoJoCD.jpg

3BT5YWj.jpg

I'm the middle TK in these shots.

ndYiMzy.jpg

I'm the one in front, to the rightmost side of the photo. 

XcJBBi1.jpg

I'm the one to Vader's right in this one. 

I spent some of the day in alternative costumes (Plo Koon and generic Jedi):

tSLBd76.jpg

I am dressed as Plo Koon in this one. 

kVW3WIW.jpg

In this one I am in the Jedi outfit with the black mask. 

And some other great shots of our squad, alongside our Rebel Legion and Droidbuilder colleagues:

wESUr6Q.jpg

4AFFmGp.jpg

OpKJoaO.jpg

kFbRS6K.jpg

CH8nMke.jpg

These droids were SO impressive.

Wed9Qvv.jpg

Good times!

• Like 4

• MakeNoiseMan changed the title to [22] TK-61596 (Mayo)'s Troop Log
  • 1 year later...

Troop #23: September 25th, 2021—a little ACTION pop-up mini con, St. Thomas, ON

Thread revival time! With the pandemic waning, I've been so excited to be back to trooping that I completely forgot to document my adventures. Here come a swath of troops from the past year.

This event was a cool one since it was the first that I attended in my hometown of St. Thomas, Ontario. Not only that, but as the only (then) resident of St. Thomas in our Garrison, I was the one who worked with the event organizers to co-ordinate the troop. It was a great first experience with 501st leadership for me. It rained almost all day, but the turnout in our little alleyway was still awesome!

CqOkwhv.jpg

HjVa8fi.jpg

A couple of me in my TK.

el0HFbb.jpg

Group shot of our members who came out - I am the Jedi near the middle. Easier to co-ordinate without a bucket on!

And finally some more shots of my fellow troopers.

rhkEGvq.jpg

X31vjr2.jpg

LZAaRZn.jpg

Troop #24: November 13th, 2021—Geeky Gift Holiday Market, London, ON

With the pandemic still fresh at the time, London Comic Con didn't run last year - instead, they organized a smaller, holiday "mini-con" that could better facilitate physical distancing protocols. Our collection of props and set pieces in the London area continues to grow as more of our members venture into 3D-printing and prop-making. Lucky me, who gets to stand with them!

HAxNVMj.jpg

sNr4htl.jpg

A couple with me in my TK.

And some more photos from the event:

5ADNBmT.jpg

kLSfm0t.jpg

I'm the Jedi in this one.

mD2gW1y.jpg

OgOJ4EL.jpg

Troop #25: November 27th, 2021—Santa Claus Parade, London, ON

Back to a proper marching parade last year. The reverse-parade was a great idea for the pandemic, but it was WAY harder to keep warm. I much prefer being on the move in the cold months!

I love decorating TK suits for holiday or pride events. This time around I repurposed some costume pieces from my high school production of Willy Wonka. I played the Candyman. Hat and cane now officially Empire-certified!

0puSPzk.jpg

imBILcq.jpg

Left: Me, 2021

Right: Me, 2014

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
date correction

Troop #26: December 21st, 2021—Mount Brydges Vaccination Clinic, London, ON

Small troop to encourage and congratulate kids getting their Covid vaccinations. Still rocking the candy-cane trooper for this one!

j3d12Jm.jpg

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
location correction

Troop #27: April 30th, 2022—CK Expo, Chatham-Kent, ON

First convention of the year, and one we in Vindicator Squad really enjoy! It's on the smaller side but the turnout is always amazing and we have a great time. I was trying some different speaker placement that made my chest-plate stick out a little, in case those of you with eagle-eyes are wondering. It has since been adjusted and corrected. ;)

This was also my first experience doing a panel. I'm sitting in the middle; to the left is our squad leader Jason, and to the right is our squad XO Paul. I'm the squad PR liaison. 

I971Nhl.jpg

Group shot! I'm the TK with the thumbs-up.

qhyR7WO.jpg

Some more of me in my TK:

uKr8Hek.jpg

0goyXHW.jpg

w6r0udz.jpg

uBRBO7z.jpg

This right here is "my Vader", Steve. You always remember your first Vader.

And some more photos from the event:

1bvAGhf.jpg

aICJqo8.jpg

csaCzdB.jpg

r8XzchC.jpg

08uQWHr.jpg

Troop #28: June 25th, 2022—Forest City Comic Con, London, ON

Another small-ish convention - and we sort of failed in the picture-taking. But it was fun! They had us set up in a stairwell, which sounds strange, but was more spacious than expected and meant that we got lots of foot traffic.

Only one shot of my TK, blurry at the Blast-a-Trooper station. Pre-blasting!

W5UCZuk.jpg

But we were in the paper!

AGygG9K.jpg

Some other shots:

Hw2lqF5.jpg

FkMhVGd.jpg

Well done trooper, looks like you can request another trooping badge, don't forget to edit the total in your first post ;) 

• Like 1

Troop #29: May 28th, 2022—Pop Culture Con, Wallaceburg, ON

I accidentally swapped the order of this post with the previous one. This was the second convention (albeit a small one) for which I was the point of contact, and it was the first event that my beloved significant other Carisa joined me as a volunteer. She worked the table while I did Blast-a-Trooper all day. It was a small setup, but a very fun day and boosted my confidence considerably as a representative of the 501st in the public.

I80xm2H.jpg

My partner in crime.

M9hoObc.jpg

dn0VGGt.jpg

hebd4wx.jpg

xulaQjZ.jpg

And here's a fun one. This is my fellow TK (X-wing pilot at this event) Dean's car. But we can pretend it's mine for a minute!

wSGTFsR.jpg

15 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Well done trooper, looks like you can request another trooping badge, don't forget to edit the total in your first post ;) 

Thanks!! I sure will - I've got a few more to post, we'll see how many I can bank at once. :D

• Like 1

Troop #31: May 7th, 2022—Free Comic Book Day, London, ON

Silly me, I missed another one. A great outdoor gig taking photos with folks waiting in line for free comics.

I'm the "thumbs-up" trooper in this shot.

fzjFng6.jpg

And the rebels:

VqLl3Fx.jpg

And the droids:

slnpB0p.jpg

And the Mandos. Such good looking Mandos.

q5RMxje.jpg

• Like 1

Troop #32: July 24th, 2022—London Pride Parade, London, ON

Pride parades are always among my favourites. Here is my Pride Trooper this year:

D8vTYLK.png

This event was extra special because it was my partner Carisa's first troop as an approved Jawa! I sewed her robe myself. Thanks goodness Jawas are supposed to have frayed edges. :laugh1: Here she is with our special guest of honour, Grogu:

8cNHOai.jpg

Group shot:

TwypqRa.jpg

vlK3ddF.jpg

PLX29E8.jpg

• Like 1

Troop #33: August 26th, 27th and 28th, 2022—FanExpo Canada, Toronto, ON

And here's the big one of the year! It was great to return to this event after so long. As much as I enjoy the smaller, more intimate events, there is something about the sheer number of costumes and props that really transports you to the galaxy far, far away. As always, I consider it privilege to participate. 

Some photos of me:

DKxpEky.jpg

wakRSGV.jpg

yzkY6uL.jpg

I'm the third trooper back, with the earbuds in. (Shoutout to Ukswrath's hearing assist)

A photography booth was offering free photos of cosplayers, so Carisa and I got some with our costumes:

qpkPrYQ.jpg

5uhRVwX.jpg

m24bMbp.jpg

QB2GLWX.jpg

Now I switch over to rebel scum for a moment:

sVVjBo0.jpg

N6TukEg.jpg

And, as Carisa puts it, the tragic story of a Jawa who didn't get a blaster:

WWAC41D.jpg

Ydp297Y.jpg

gqcShEF.jpg

bKAzQQq.jpg

Of course, as all you troopers are all aware, I couldn't see her hand until it was right in front of my face. :laugh1:

We also got to meet Anthony Daniels. His car was delayed so his team snuck him into our change room to hide, totally unplanned. I was heading in for a drink of water and nearly bumped right into him from behind while he was telling movie set stories. The whole garrison got a good laugh after that. That's me standing to the side, in the Jedi outfit.

zCVtueX.jpg

And some other cool shots:

72NxHp8.jpg

This one honestly looks like it could have been ripped right from a movie. The Hoth backdrop from Atlantic Garrison was phenominal.

djmKGX5.jpg

Sk38Cvm.jpg

CZrETlU.jpg

Rl7IYwi.jpg

6v3Kv6B.jpg

yLBOnEE.jpg

961Gooz.jpg

sAVSPLX.jpg

• Like 3

Troop #34: September 17th and 18th, 2022—London Comic Con, London, ON

This one is the biggest one in my area this year, and it means so much to me that it went so well. When I joined the 501st, my area didn't have much activity - just a couple of members, in the next biggest city closest to mine. I was usually driving 1-2 hours for troops, which I was happy to do. Since then, however, our membership in London, Ontario (where I now live) has soared, and so many members are bringing all kinds of creative talents for set design and prop-making, which means that our showing at LCC this year was awesome. It was a really proud moment for me and the other members who have gotten to see London grow into what it has become: a bustling hive of scum and villainy Star Wars joy!

I did several hours of Blast-a-Trooper, which continues to be my favourite thing ever:

NqmkpcA.jpg

h90kNOX.jpg

aYy0sTS.jpg

YqsXjiD.jpg

Carisa got to take her Jawa for another spin:

lRSi2FU.jpg

bY0XQLz.jpg

VC5tNfp.jpg

And some other great shots of our members and props:

swMmkl8.jpg

F9XaDeH.jpg

qoufG5k.jpg

XXfJkH8.jpg

WDedbOv.jpg

4juczxT.jpg

nB7UkVp.jpg

c61o9Zn.jpg

YhJWIxu.jpg

• Like 3

• MakeNoiseMan changed the title to [34] TK-61596 (Mayo)'s Troop Log
  • 5 months later...

Troop #35: March 3rd, 2023—London Children's Hospital Corus Radiothon, London, ON

First troop of the year, and the 4-year anniversary of my first 501st troop! A wonderful event. Smiles aplenty. 

This is my favourite shot of the day. He wanted a stormtrooper to sign his cast. I signed my TK number. :smiley-sw013:

XGZatDr.jpg

And some other shots of the group.

14l9sq1.jpg

dqrBsO3.jpg

CzbttPv.jpg

NSKjPT5.jpg

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
image posting error
  • Like 3

• MakeNoiseMan changed the title to [35] TK-61596 (Mayo)'s Troop Log
  • 2 months later...

Troop #36: April 29th, 2023—CK Expo, Chatham, ON

One of my favourite gigs of the year. A lovely, bite-sized convention. The only photo I got in my TK was from the Blast-a-Trooper range:

mnjfLp1.jpg

Here I am again, this time in my Rebel Scum (Jedi) robes. :smiley-sw013:
kLIaH5O.jpg

And some other shots from the day. The members in our area have been making wonderful props, it's great to troop in front of these backdrops.
JGpWGyv.jpg

FlQoJqp.jpg

aPf5F18.jpg

J5mzUUQ.jpg

dlGHFub.jpg

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
  • Like 1

Troop #37: May 5th, 2023—Star Wars Day school visit, Sarnia, ON

My first time trooping at a school! Very cool to interact with such a wide age range of kiddos. Would love to do it again sometime. The only photo we kept for ourselves was this one:

vf4WZia.jpg

• Like 2

Troop #38: May 6th, 2023—Free Comic Book Day, London, ON

The weather at this troop was absolutely ideal. Exactly the right temperature, a nice breeze, not a cloud in sight. Superb turn out. One of our handlers caught a photo I really like of me before the crowds showed up. :D

21kHPGu.jpg

And some other shots from the day. I'm generally the "thumb-up, gun-up" guy.

y8hocEQ.jpg

HsHpGf5.jpg

dMgz4GO.jpg

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
  • Like 1

Troop #39: May 7th, 2023—Kids Help Phone walk, London, ON

Last one of a triple-troop weekend, a nice easy photo op at the gathering area before a charity walk for Kids Help Phone. The Jawa is my bride-to-be, Carisa! We're getting married next June. Those who troop together! :D

p9Xb5Wz.jpg

• Like 2

• MakeNoiseMan changed the title to [39] TK-61596 (Mayo)'s Troop Log
  • 2 months later...

Troop #41: July 1st 2023—Canada Day Parade, Windsor, ON

Always enjoy this one! Big turnout. We blasted Star Wars marching tunes as we walked, it was awesome. I also got to use my new arms for the first time; I built additional arm pieces (Thanks Mark from AP!) that I could paint for parades instead of taping them up every time. I also bought pauldrons from Teresa at Geeky Pink, they are lovely!

q28wwaW.jpg

vYOU8ZV.jpg

a6dW85c.jpg

IatOKYR.jpg

I love this photo of Vicki, the pilot. :lol:

HU3eWSv.jpg