A Friend Can’t Create a New Account

TK-42134

I have a friend who is a prospective trooper. He wants to create an account but is having a heck of a time getting to do that. Is it because of the elections? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I take it he's not receiving the confirmation emails?  For some reason emails are starting to get caught in spam filters.

There's a couple of options: they can explicitly white list @whitearmor.net or pm me with the user name and email they used and I can go look in the back end.

For what it's worth it's probably a good idea to white list whitearmor anyway.

10 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I take it he's not receiving the confirmation emails?  For some reason emails are starting to get caught in spam filters.

There's a couple of options: they can explicitly white list @whitearmor.net or pm me with the user name and email they used and I can go look in the back end.

For what it's worth it's probably a good idea to white list whitearmor anyway.

PM sent out to you Chris. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sorry to hijack the topic but I have a friend in the same situation. Trying to register today but he's not getting the confirmation email. Already checked spam and nothing in there.

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

On 2/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, Marshall said:

Sorry to hijack the topic but I have a friend in the same situation. Trying to register today but he's not getting the confirmation email. Already checked spam and nothing in there.

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

Did he try to explicitly put "whitearmor.net" on the whitelist? If so, I can send the confirmation mail again. In case that doesn't help, please PM me his username..

Had trouble again with my “iCloud” email address. I tried my personal email (also an iCloud email address) which I’ve never had an issue with, but it failed as well. So I borrowed my girlfriends email (gmail) and the confirmation email landed immediately. Does this site accept Apple (iCloud) email addresses? 

5 hours ago, FirstOrderConcepts said:

Had trouble again with my “iCloud” email address. I tried my personal email (also an iCloud email address) which I’ve never had an issue with, but it failed as well. So I borrowed my girlfriends email (gmail) and the confirmation email landed immediately. Does this site accept Apple (iCloud) email addresses? 

It's not so much to we accept icloud as does iCloud accept us.  I'm not on the web team so not privy to how the emails stuff is setup but if the email isn't just perfect, email providers may thing it's spam and so just not deliver them.

55 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

It's not so much to we accept icloud as does iCloud accept us.  I'm not on the web team so not privy to how the emails stuff is setup but if the email isn't just perfect, email providers may thing it's spam and so just not deliver them.

That's the usual culprit. I need to take a fresh look at how we deliver mail.

• Like 2

I did a little research in incoming email settings and now I understand what you’re saying. Darn Apple has to do things different :blink:. Thank you for looking into it, if you come up with anything please toss me a note. In the meantime I’ll open a gmail account so I can get notifications from here. 

Yahoo mail also likes to be picky with how they accept e-mails from time to time.  A gmail to sign up for items you're expecting a response with is usually a safe bet :)