Power cylinder Necessity

I have a demilled Sterling and I've tried to only use original parts with it, thus far it has a working M38 and a real Hengstler counter (Sadly not an eagle) mounted to it. I'd rather not glue on some resin/printed power cylinder for approval and while the metal replicas are excellent their price point is somewhat significant for a small detail that was not on every E11. Are the power cylinders and absolute or more of a idealized guideline? Thanks. 

also it has been been way too long since I looked into doing this program!

5 minutes ago, Locitus said:

If I were you I'd build the demill however you like and get a cheap(er) resin-kit for trooping and EIB. You can't/shouldn't troop with a demilled anyway.

Despite the weight I've not run into any issues with the demilled save for Celebration. I've trooped with it since the beginning. I also have an SE-14R and a hyperfirm DLT-19 if that's ok.

I personally think an e11 look naked without the power cylinders.

I'd just stick some cheap printed ones on, until you can get proper metal replicas.  Sanded and painted up, it shouldn't be an obvious difference.  You've spent a lot of time and effort making it as accurate as possible, why stop at something like this?

13 hours ago, kman said:

I personally think an e11 look naked without the power cylinders.

I'd just stick some cheap printed ones on, until you can get proper metal replicas.  Sanded and painted up, it shouldn't be an obvious difference.  You've spent a lot of time and effort making it as accurate as possible, why stop at something like this?

The power cylinders are nice, but it is still plenty screen accurate "naked". It's an upgrade I'm interested in but it's another $100 minimum that could go further in other project upgrades that would make more of a difference. I think I do have a resin set I could play with if it s that important to have now.

The scratch builds do look like some fun, but I need to make more headway on other projects like my Death Trooper before tossing on another!