Using cm instead of mm

delcid23456

So i know that the cover strips are always measured in mm but at the moment i dont have access to a ruler in mm so i looked on google to see how many mm are in cm and found that 10 mm is equal to 1cm. So for measuring coverstips, is it ok to use cm instead of mm

So i know that the cover strips are always measured in mm but at the moment i dont have access to a ruler in mm so i looked on google to see how many mm are in cm and found that 10 mm is equal to 1cm. So for measuring coverstips, is it ok to use cm instead of mm

Screenshot_2019-02-11-11-34-28.png

Nobody is going to pull out a ruler and spot check your coverstrips, even if you apply for Centurion. As long as you are within a few millmeters you are probably fine. That said - I'd spend a couple dollars and invest in a better ruler, it will be your friend during your build. ;)

PS: Merged your threads, you probably posted a second one on accident.

• Like 2

If you can’t find a rule in mm you could go online and use mm to inches conversion https://www.google.com.au/search?q=mm+to+inches&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-au&client=safari

16mm @ 5/8”

• Like 1

You can also go to the hardware section in Lowe's and ask for a Hillman Hardware gauge.  Gives you measurements in cm, mm and inches. Should run you about 3 dollars or less.

OYCd6rD.jpg?1

• Like 3

4 hours ago, delcid23456 said:

OP, are you asking if submitting cover strips that measure 2cm is ok, instead of 20mm?  They are one and the same.  That's like asking if 2 feet of fabric is acceptable for someone who requested 24 inches of fabric.  It's the same.

As was noted above, though, no one will be measuring your cover strips to the nearest millimeter.  The Canon measurements are provided so you know what to shoot for as a general rule, but they're not right in every situation.  (really big people may need to bump up the size a little, for instance, to make it look more balanced)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, 2cm = 20mm.  As said, no one is going to measure them.

You can also go by these almost exact equivalents:

1" = 25mm

3/4" = 18.5mm

5/8" = 15.5mm

1/2" = 12.5mm

3/8" = 9mm

1/4" = 6mm

So for your 15mm cover strips, go with 5/8"

For your 20mm cover strips, go 2cm if you have that, or just over 3/4"

For your 25mm cover strips (backs of shins) go with 1"

There are lots of online converters as well, such as:

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/length/mm-to-inch.html