gooftroop’s Stunt build (Anovos)

Gooftroop

10 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Shins: long half positioned on the inside. Basically, in your photo switch the "R" and "L" marked sections

Shin%202.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Tony I thought for sure that I might have gotten them mixed up but I did get my kit after the whole shin gate thing lol and I doubled checked with your build and a couple other builds with the newer kits to make sure, oh well into the freezer they go.

18 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Shins: long half positioned on the inside. Basically, in your photo switch the "R" and "L" marked sections

Huh! I never noticed that difference in the shins before. Maybe its an Anovos vs AP thing. Or maybe my shins are backwards. :icon_eek:

Either way, Ukswrath is the guy to listen to!

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

Huh! I never noticed that difference in the shins before. Maybe its an Anovos vs AP thing. Or maybe my shins are backwards. :icon_eek:

My ATA shins are long on the outside, so yea they can differ between suppliers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gooftroop said:

Thanks for the heads up Tony I thought for sure that I might have gotten them mixed up but I did get my kit after the whole shin gate thing lol and I doubled checked with your build and a couple other builds with the newer kits to make sure, oh well into the freezer they go.

AH! Shingate my favorite memory lol

AH! Shingate my favorite memory lol

Lol thought I was going to be a lucky one. Put both in the freezer for a few hours and they came apart nicely. Glad it was only the internal strips holding them together.

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

Just now, Gooftroop said:

Lol thought I was going to be a lucky one. Put both in the freezer for a few hours and they came apart nicely. Glad it was only the internal strips holding them together.

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

You using E6000 or CA?

You using E6000 or CA?

I’m a total newb to ABS so I’m Using E6000. I have a tendency to glue myself to anything/everything when working with CA lol.

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

• 3 weeks later...

Steady rolling now after a Squad mate (wingnut65) came over last night and looked over my progress so far. Lots of glue drying on the table, mostly snap plates, thigh elastic and the sides of the sniper knee. 9ccb11ab10c946a38064a72b9283cb96.jpga0220396871f27bf09f271b6f0521219.jpg675e0e0e06b863fd75b7202d31924721.jpg88f83352500f47bbae5b2bc72bb8248c.jpg

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

I do have one question about the TD I am seeing different sizes for the total length anywhere from 184-190mm. Below is what I’m at with the caps on. 0a31093c78dfc335e878a0df6707aac8.jpg

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

Love the smell of E6000 in the morning!! :)
Well not really it’s pretty potent stuff but great progress on your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I normally use 4 or 5 mm but I've seen 6mm used before

With the teeth area try not to get paint on the gums, if you do you can easily remove with a toothpick.

From the CRL: Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

I normally use 4 or 5 mm but I've seen 6mm used before

With the teeth area try not to get paint on the gums, if you do you can easily remove with a toothpick.
From the CRL: Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

Thanks, I’ll keep looking for better screws. Haven’t had time to clean up the paint on the teeth just yet and I only extend the paint to what I have seen in other builds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I sell 6-x3/8 with my brackets. Still a little larger than movie accurate but close enough for government work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slotted-pan-Head-Sheet-Metal-Tapping-Screw-Stainless-Steel-6X3-8-Qty-100/261584094669?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally home for a few weeks so I started on painting the button plates. I think I’m on the right track but I want to make sure. I’m thinking I put a little to much grey.

565dbab65bf76b1c6cb31b4e37786b34.jpg

fff8ade776132db40613173879d5f499.jpg

effc169d361e4c4ffbe5037ea3f8830b.jpg

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooftroop said:

I think I’m on the right track but I want to make sure. I’m thinking I put a little to much grey.

Looks good to me, you could however trim the plates themselves a bit to match the screen used ones:)

jbSo9vi.jpg

• Like 1

Will do, thanks for the suggestion was going to ask that ask that also before I mounted them. Just glued the shoulder bridges down had to wait for the inner supports to fully dry. Darn drill battery was dead so I have to wait on that so I can drill pilot holes in the TD for the clips. More waiting lol.

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

This is where I'd suggest trimming the smaller one to, Keith (below).  Great job so far.. keep those pics coming!  

Side note:  If you see him, please tell my buddy Jeff (Wingnut65) I said hello!

W7sb1bT.jpg

• Like 1

This is where I'd suggest trimming the smaller one to, Keith (below).  Great job so far.. keep those pics coming!  
Side note:  If you see him, please tell my buddy Jeff (Wingnut65) I said hello!

W7sb1bT.jpg&key=2cdef16202b2b483012477f973599ca0392851e7690f1c9d7825f07696a23c14

Thanks for the pic that will help nicely. I’m a visual kind of guy.

Will definitely do that. He is master mind behind all this lol along with other TBS guys. Assisted with this build and my approved Tusken.

Keith S.
Tampa Bay Squad.
DZ-47282

• 1 month later...

Been a wild couple weeks but I have completed the build and have been approved. still working on a couple things before I submit for EIB and so on. 

I would personally like to thank everyone that posted and helped me along the way with the build. 

Don't mind the shins, I keep having to walk over to the camera to make sure I was in focus. They will be squared away soonest. 

OBp4xri.jpg 

cN8sul9.jpg

CzhhpKw.jpg