gooftroop’s Stunt build (Anovos)

Gooftroop

Hello, this will be my first time building armor, but not my first build. Currently trooping in my ANH Tusken (DZ-47282), with the Florida Garrison (Tampa Bay Squad). This might be a slow build as I have a very busy family and work life. So you may need multiple bowls of popcorn. 

Below is some of the progress I have made so far. I have only rough cut the armor pieces and taped just to see how everything lines up. A couple squad mates have already made suggestions for the biceps and shins that I have not had time to do just yet.

Edit: Forgot to add that I will be buidling to Centurion level. 

im starting with the left side because im a lefty lol. Right side will be up next. 

Left bicep

BLK8mvW.jpg

Qj4D6nt.jpg

Left forearm 

MI4mIbm.jpg

ZEdwNx6.jpg

stlJwoH.jpg

Left Thigh

7Srn1Un.jpg

NZXiXgY.jpg

Left Shins

lJ6asgA.jpg

4m9r3SC.jpg

Edited by Gooftroop

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tony, made a little more progress over the last couple days with trimming and fitting. Will post up some picture before I start gluing. Definitely a little hesitant with the forearms, they both need some work to get the fit right. getting a little done every night after the little one goes to bed.   

Awesome start! :D Welcome to the FISD! 

Post lots of photos and ask plenty of questions. I'm sure your squadmates IRL will be instrumental, also. Take your time and have fun with the build! 

As a side note, being a lefty is going to be an advantage for you as an ANH TK. I'm right-handed, and during my first troop, a fellow TK (teasingly) took hold of my E-11, turned it around, and put it back in my hands in a left-handed position saying "There you go, now you're screen accurate!"

Still getting used to it! It's not actually a mandatory detail, but you'll already have it going for you. :peace:

• Like 1

Nice start! 

One word of advice from me would be to work on your sniper knee alignment before doing anything else to your left shin.  In your picture it already looks offset.

In general on the legs you want to make the  mouldings line up at the knee end.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 5:57 PM, MakeNoiseMan said:

Awesome start! :D Welcome to the FISD! 

Post lots of photos and ask plenty of questions. I'm sure your squadmates IRL will be instrumental, also. Take your time and have fun with the build! 

As a side note, being a lefty is going to be an advantage for you as an ANH TK. I'm right-handed, and during my first troop, a fellow TK (teasingly) took hold of my E-11, turned it around, and put it back in my hands in a left-handed position saying "There you go, now you're screen accurate!"

Still getting used to it! It's not actually a mandatory detail, but you'll already have it going for you. :peace:

Lol It definitely has its advantages.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, Digz Graavz said:

Nice start! 

One word of advice from me would be to work on your sniper knee alignment before doing anything else to your left shin.  In your picture it already looks offset.

In general on the legs you want to make the  mouldings line up at the knee end.

Thanks Chris, that was one of the suggestions, align at the knee and then trip off at the ankle. Still working on the arm parts right now. Just got back from a weekend away with the family so I’ll be back at it over the next few days.

Finally had some time tonight to work on the biceps and I think they may be for assembly, let me know what you think. I’m going with internal strips on all the butt joints just to be safe. 

Left front

uifW4nu.jpg

Left Back

1XCRQab.jpg

Right Front

qvivYaQ.jpg

Right Back

0J83pv5.jpg

Edited by Gooftroop

To get a nice straight line you can use sandpaper wrapped a round a piece of wood, it's mainly the ends you need to be fit flush together though as the rest is covered with the strips. Nice work, keep it up

• Like 1

Was able to get a couple hours of work done on the forearms tonight with lots of lines drawn and tape used. It doesn’t look like it in the photos but when pressed into a rounder shape the seams line up better and they fit pretty good. They will more than likely need a hot water bath also.

I traced some lines at the elbow end of the right ones where they will need to be trimmed to line up.

Just like with the biceps they will need a little sanding before gluing starts.  Let me know what you think.

Left Front

5hwfvSL.jpg

Left Back

7q9yNVo.jpg

Right Front 

BcExteS.jpg

Right Back

mnXj49K.jpg

From what I can see it looks good :)

Question, did you trim all the return edge at the wrist? Easier to get your hand through and is Centurion ready and also allows you to keep it as snug as possible for a nice tapered look:salute:

yQtzb6M.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSwede said:

From what I can see it looks good :)

Question, did you trim all the return edge at the wrist? Easier to get your hand through and is Centurion ready and also allows you to keep it as snug as possible for a nice tapered look:salute:

yQtzb6M.png

Thank you, the majority of the return edge on the wrist end is gone, just need to file down a couple spots for a smooth finish.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posting these a little later then planed was traveling for work last week, but here are the thighs tapped and fitted. Should start on sanding all the pieces at some point this week. Little progress will be done over the next couple weeks of this month with traveling again next week and April is shot with travel for pretty much the whole month. Kind of funny that the kit will take just as long to build as it did to show up at my door. 

Left Front:

BYdNEsC.jpg

Left Back: 

Km4gITQ.jpg

Right Front: 

3bPX89o.jpg

Right Back:

z3JQFMB.jpg

• 3 months later...

Wow been a while since my last update. Work and family life has limited my posting of updates to the forum but I have been working in the background on my armor. I’m pretty active on Facebook with my garrison brothers and sisters who have been point me in the right direction. Let me know if you notice anything glaring before I move on.

I will be working on the snipper knee and thigh ammo this week and gathering elastic and nylon. lost the photos of the completed pieces due to a phone failure so I’ll be retaking those and uploading them soonest. 

Thanks.

Keith

Biceps

YCQ5on0.jpg

hdB5HlK.jpg

Thighs and forearms 

3xyTeMj.jpg

Forearms 

gd6TXou.jpg

J4sYary.jpg

little test fit of the thighs

QKNU7nq.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great!! Nice work on those cover strips. I found the thighs to be one of the harder parts, yours turned out beautifully! 

Looks like you've still got some return edge left on your biceps and forearms, at least on the elbow-side—you may find that uncomfortable, return edges can dig into the skin something nasty. Ultimately it is your call—the "thicker armour" does look cool—but many troopers elect to remove most, or even all, of those edges for the sake of mobility and comfort. You certainly don't need any return edge on the "outer" biceps, because the shoulder bells will be covering them anyway.

The only return edge that needs to come off for accuracy's sake is the wrist-end of the forearms, which from earlier posts it looks like you have taken care of. I can't quite tell in these recent photos but I'm sure your next round will show em off. :D

Keep it up, trooper!! :salute:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MakeNoiseMan said:

Looks great!! Nice work on those cover strips. I found the thighs to be one of the harder parts, yours turned out beautifully! 

Looks like you've still got some return edge left on your biceps and forearms, at least on the elbow-side—you may find that uncomfortable, return edges can dig into the skin something nasty. Ultimately it is your call—the "thicker armour" does look cool—but many troopers elect to remove most, or even all, of those edges for the sake of mobility and comfort. You certainly don't need any return edge on the "outer" biceps, because the shoulder bells will be covering them anyway.

The only return edge that needs to come off for accuracy's sake is the wrist-end of the forearms, which from earlier posts it looks like you have taken care of. I can't quite tell in these recent photos but I'm sure your next round will show em off. :D

Keep it up, trooper!! :salute:

Thank you, I'm finding the Shins to be a pain right now.

Once I glued evethying and test fitted that is when I planned to looks at the areas that i will remove the return edge. 

As promised here are the pictures with everything glued. Just need dome guidance on the shins before glue on the cover strips. Let me know if anything needs adjusted. Thanks in advance. 

Biceps

sGdMpSy.jpg

AXqgmou.jpg

LhNfjR8.jpg

criaSjJ.jpg

Forearms

WUk55Cf.jpg

KrDma7i.jpg

Tj2JzOv.jpg

7CzeCMN.jpg

mwdpyJ8.jpg

TjyAhmB.jpg

ek1HC9R.jpg

BlmqWkf.jpg

Thighs, will be fixing the gaps at some point. 

Cqn3ZeA.jpg

3uU6iOf.jpg

yss8utW.jpg

pKpsUXL.jpg

Shins, what a pain. cant tell if i have them mixed up. i tried to follow the flow with the long edge on te outside and the bump inside. Might jsut take them to my next troop and have one of the other TK's take a look at them for me. 

0SJJ58J.jpg

F6GLuFx.jpg

WDVTAOx.jpg

Edited by Gooftroop
  • Like 1

Looking gooood! Wrist return edges (or more specifically, lack thereof) are perfect.

Those shins are right! Admittedly I did second guess myself and went to check my own shins, but yes, you hve them lined up properly.

As far as those little thigh gaps/cracks, as far as I know you don't have to do anything to them and you'll still be fine for all levels of approval. If you want to tidy them up, I hear ABS paste is a popular choice. Personally, I used PlasticWeld, let it dry, sanded and painted it enamel white.

sX5h01u.jpg

Mb4LQJU.jpg

I'm also considering making mobility cuts in the back of my shins and thighs, which renders the back gaps non existent anyway. Something to think about!

• Like 1