Building a Black Series TK helmet, have a few questions

tsongololo

Hello!

I’m thoroughly enjoying my helmet build, and also trying to make it “functional “. I have a few questions regarding the neck trim, and the mouthpiece where it joins the cheeks.

I did gut a lot of the plastic in the rear of the helmet, but left the entire edge, including the bottom edge. Should that be removed to make the seal look more appropriate? I would love a link to some reference photos. I’d also like to see the the seams on the mouthpiece. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be going for, it seems to me the helmet already has a representation of seams. 

And the the brow trim seems to be the proper distance from the eyes, just not painted on the bottom. Is that all there is to that?

Mods so far include a hearing system, I moved the speaker to the front under the vocoder (and filled in with material from a dust mask), and retrofitted a respirator so my breath is routed *away* from the eyes. Everything works on the bench but putting theory into practice is always has bugs to iron out..l

Sorry there are no captions, feel free to ask wtf the pictures are. Or add your own captions...

e630IhU.jpeg

https://imgur.com/a/a5TD8u3

My biggest dilemma is to start over with a ANH helmet, hopefully improved, that matches the RS armor kit I have, or somehow obtain a RO armor kit...either by trade or mods.

Jennifer

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out the brow. I ended up “repurposing” and trimming off the upper part of the rear neck trim, and glued it to the bottom of the brow, and covered with electrical tape.

SvKBaM4.jpg

Now that leaves me with replacing the bottom trim. I haven’t been able to really find anything detailed on what others have done with the neck hole trim, though regular weatherstripping seems to be an option... Remove/leave the front? Match what’s already there, or put a new trim right over the old? S shaped or not? So many options! Ack!