Star Wars The Black Series Helmet

Skywise

Have an old Marco Enterprises TK.  The more I see approved TK's, the more problems I see with my bucket, so I conclude it's for the display shelf only as my first non-Don Post TK bucket--almost 30 years old.   I am thinking about making a sandtrooper out of the rest of the armor, some having yellowed in the years it has been in my garage.  Definitely need a new helmet, but don't want to pay a mint, since I'll have to weather it anyway.  Are the "Star Wars--The Black Series" helmets approvable?

The black series helmet is based on a Rogue One TK so I believe you would need to modify it, even for basic approval, as the tube stripes/ears/etc. are ‘wrong’ for the old TK/TD helmets.

There are ways to get rid of the yellowing depending on how bad it is.  If you post up some photos of the pieces we can help you try to remedy that.

The Black series helmet is way more trouble than its work for anything but the R1 (even for R1 I think its too much trouble). Keep your eyes out for a used bucket, or contact the venders, their prices really aren't that bad compared to the BS helmet

11 hours ago, Skywise said:

Have an old Marco Enterprises TK.  The more I see approved TK's, the more problems I see with my bucket, so I conclude it's for the display shelf only as my first non-Don Post TK bucket--almost 30 years old.   I am thinking about making a sandtrooper out of the rest of the armor, some having yellowed in the years it has been in my garage.  Definitely need a new helmet, but don't want to pay a mint, since I'll have to weather it anyway.  Are the "Star Wars--The Black Series" helmets approvable?

So there are a lot of size differences between the R1 Helm and a TK Helm, I modded one a while back and the differences are a bit much.

AP on the left, Modded R1 on the Right

L2LMcxc.jpg

yROpzpE.jpg