JFarwell

I’m very new at this so I hope I’m in the right place

Hello and welcome aboard, a great place to start is the Getting Started section, a lot of answers you will find in there to most of the standard questions ;) Good Luck

Hello I’m looking at getting Armor and working on saving up. I’ll get right to it . I’m not looking to join a 501st well not yet it’s been a dream of mine to were the Armor. And I’m just doing research for what I’m looking for. Thanks 

Well if you do decide to purchase armor perhaps looking at 501st approvable may be an option, just in case you change your mind later.

There are a lot of other low cost costume options you can find out there but you get exactly what you pay for, many of those cheaper options won't have information for them here.

Wishing you best of luck on the journey.

23 minutes ago, JFarwell said:

What is fisd?

First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. Costumes fall under different detachments, you can find a list of them here

What is fisd?
The First Imperial Stormtrooper Detatchment; the division of the 501st dedicated to stormtroopers and how to build them :)

While you may not be looking to join the Legion (we would love it if you did!), we can still help you with your research and questions. Don't be alarmed if people push you to be as accurate as possible, that's kinda our thing around here. You may call us obsessed :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neb Sgird said:

Don't be alarmed if people push you to be as accurate as possible, that's kinda our thing around here. You may call us obsessed :)

:laugh1::laugh1: Just a little :laugh1::laugh1:

Seriously, welcome to FISD. 

You've come to the right place to start your research in pursuing the dream to wear the armor that we all have a passion for. 

If you haven done so I would start by reading this section here!

You’ll find just about everything you think of when it comes to getting started and your armor needs! Speaking of armor needs our fellow Trooper and Deployment Office justjoseph63 has put together a great and very useful checklist of what you’ll need other then that amazing white shiny stuff. I found that personally it came in extremely helpful for my build.

Welcome. I’m sure you will find all the help and information you are looking for here.

Welcome to the humble home of the shiny white Stormtroopers.

As you can see we have plenty of members here to help guide you through this amassed data bank of Imperial and First order Stormtrooper costumes.

You will find build threads, how to guides, where to start info and a whole lot of very knowledgeable people eager to get you on your way to becoming one of us.

Welcome to the FISD!  One of the main advantages of joining the 501st is that you will have the opportunity to "troop" with other like minded folks at events.  On a typical troop, there can be several or even dozens of Star Wars characters of all sorts.  Putting smiles on faces and  interacting with crowds is great, but the first time a kid runs up and gives you a high-five makes it all worth it, and we are here to help every step of the way to make your shiny white armor dream come true.

• Like 1

Hi JF - Fellow Canadian/Ontarian here.  I had a dream, like you, and I am still building my armour and hoping to be accepted into the 501st.  I began my journey last August by researching on here and meeting with, luckily, a very friendly trooper I found in Burlington (twosolitudes).   You can buy anything from the basic vacuum formed set to one that is "pre-trimmed" with the vac-form excess plastic taken off for you (essentially ready-to-assemble), to a fully assembled kit.

I would encourage you to buy a quality set.  After a lot of research, the off-the-shelf stuff just doesn't cut it.  If you want to go to cons/charity events/movie openings... then the 501st is the way to go.  It's also an AMAZING community.  I personally purchased mine pre-trimmed from a supplier in Montreal (Authenticprops).  You can search on here to see more info about him or check out his thread here:  

I had NO idea the level of detail that you can get into and that's available on here.  At first it can be quite overwhelming, but at the same time, if you're a Star Wars fan, it's incredible.  Don't be intimidated.  Ask LOTS of questions.  We've all had them and are happy to guide you on this journey.

Not sure if Waterdown is too far from you (an hour or so if you drive fast), but I'm actually having a few fellow troopers over on Saturday the 9th to work on armour.  2 of them are done and in the 501st, one hasn't begun to assemble yet, and I will be on the final stages.  You're very welcome to join us, see what it's like, and put on a real helmet for the first time.  A picture is worth a thousand words, seeing the armour in person is worth a million.  PS - I have lots of beer ;)

Either way, welcome to the community.  You can message me with any questions, or just keep posting in this thread and the whole 501st will be at your disposal.

Welcome to the FISD! I know it can seem overwhelming at first. Just remember to ask questions, and we will have the answers! Good Luck! :salute:

Hi.  Welcome to world of stormtroopers.  I started right where you are - I wasn't looking to join the 501st - I just wanted stormtrooper armour.  I found this site and started doing research.  It was overwhelming at first, but it was Star Wars stuff so I pressed on.  During my research, I started to realize that it could be so much more than just having some stormtrooper armour.  So when I did build my kit I made a point of building to 501st specs and joined.  I can't begin to describe how awesome it is to troop in your armour and have people lose their minds that they are meeting a "real" stormtrooper. 

Anyway, if you want to build/purchase accurate stormtrooper armour - this is THE place to be.  You don't have to join the 501st, but... it really is an awesome group of folks and you get to do some pretty cool things as a stormtrooper.

Good luck!

Great chatting with you JF.  Like I said, hit me up on Facebook, text, whatever.  Hopefully you can get away for a couple of hours on Saturday to join the armour party and get all touchy-feely with a few sets of armour.

We're all here to help you on this journey.  It's well worth it. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the ultimate place of Stormtrooper information !!!
I was just like you, a year ago, so I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND... I was LOST , CONFUSED , & OVERWHELMED ... what’s the BEST THINGS I DID ???

1). BE PATIENT !!!

2). Research, Research, & RESEARCH I wanted to read everything here !!!

3). I CREATED my very own BUILD THREAD !
I started asking QUESTIONS, and POSTED PIX (the more pix the better) !! I was SURPRISED on the FAST REPLY I would get ! I also would get COMPLIMENTED as well !

4). I met NEW FRIENDS, from all over... ones I hope on meeting SOME DAY !!!

I’m telling you what to do, but with the help of FISD, I made my armor to CENTURION level !!!

GOOD LUCK, AND HAPPY BUILDING... we are here for YOU !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Neb Sgird said:

The First Imperial Stormtrooper Detatchment; the division of the 501st dedicated to stormtroopers and how to build them :)

While you may not be looking to join the Legion (we would love it if you did!), we can still help you with your research and questions. Don't be alarmed if people push you to be as accurate as possible, that's kinda our thing around here. You may call us obsessed :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Kgreenfield said:

Hello my name is Kevin green field and I'm a massive star wars fan and I love sand troopers and I aways wanted to be a real life sand trooper, .

Hey Kevin welcome! Trust me I’m new as well . And if you have any questions this is the right place. Start with reading all the information you can . And you will feel much better. It’s a bit overwhelming but take your time and research research so on and so on .