ABS Anovos Crack

As usual, please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong location. I was not sure if this post would be better suited for my build thread even though my build is finished or if the Hard Armor (General Discussion) would be more appropriate. I settled on this section, so please remove it if I am mistaken. 

Anyhow, I am looking to get some advice on a crack repair that I recently did on my armor. I am familiar with the following tutorial and have since repaired the crack: 

Repair.jpg.678425f5b25219679a4f57270a9633aa.jpg

However, the crack is along the left ab-kidney seam and is consequently not accessible from the underside (i.e. the crack is covered by the lowest strap holding together the two pieces which is then further covered by a piece of ABS scrap that I set the split rivets in that hold the fabric to the armor). Short of taking the rivets out and the associated process, I glued a piece of ABS scrap to the outside of the armor since the area is covered by the belt anyways. Here it is: 

D4sgR2x.jpg

The scrap piece is adhered flush to the armor with E-6000. My primary question is this:

If I'm trooping in my TK, on average, about twice a month, should this repair hold for a couple of years or would I be better off taking the scrap piece off and tackling the crack from a different angle? I of course do not want the crack to spread any further. 

I realize the question has no definitive answer nor one that can be guaranteed, but I still wanted to get the opinions of those I trust most when it comes to stormtrooper armor. I'm aware that this kind of problem is just a hazard of our trade. Thank you in advance! 

To be honest, what I would do is go with what you have and then check it after each troop or 2.  Being flexible, the E-6000 should hold it well and prevent further damage, and like you mentioned it will be covered by your belt.

Repairs and upkeep are pretty much a constant to armor.  A crack here or there, strap replacement, scratches, etc. all come with the territory, which is why I check my armor after each event to stay on top of things.  It's like the old saying, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

A crack here or there, strap replacement, scratches, etc. all come with the territory, which is why I check my armor after each event to stay on top of things.

I already know that’s the truth. I came across this one while polishing the kit. I might wear my belt slightly looser. Thanks for your input as always!