Boot Option

Those looks good to me- I don't think the U elastic is too large.  I don't see a front seam, so they'd be fine for higher levels.  They'd have to be painted/dyed white for OTTKs, obviously.  (You can use this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ53QA8/)

What's the cost?  

Edit: When I look at it further, in conjunction with the screen-used in the photos below, the sole is thicker than it should be.  Easy to miss even when you know what you're looking for!

Edited by sharkbait

Hi Scott!  Unfortunately, you have a bit more searching to do.   The screen used ones were Chelsea boots painted white, but as per the CRL for basic approval they must have a flat sole and a short(er) heel.  

gh16mU1.jpg?1  4mD0KvO.jpg?1

Thanks. I was wanting something with a bit higher ankle on them. They were on ebay for around 20GBP so around $40 in my currency. I have a couple of leads on some TK boots which I dont mind spending a bit more on for higher level.

Higher ankles are a definite plus.  I have seen many a trooper with the boots poking out from underneath the bottom of the calf pieces.

Ultimately it will be your GML who looks over your application so I would contact him/her in regards to a decision on those particular boots before going any further

with them. 

11 hours ago, TK3373 said:

So I purchased these boots but I wonder if they are any good for approval? 

The gusset is slightly different from the originals.

Cheers

Scott

The U's a bit weird, but it would end up being your GML's call- I suggest reaching out to them and asking directly.  They should let you know and explain why/why not.  

On 2/5/2019 at 2:42 AM, TK3373 said:

Also found a local equestrian shop that sells these boots. Available in black. Thats in NZD btw.

tk boots.JPG

I can't see the heel, but based on the sole I can see, they don't appear too far off.  I would check with  your GML to be certain, though.  (And if the heel is a normal minimal boot heel).  

9 hours ago, TK3373 said:

Thanks guys. I have gone with a pair of TK boots from another member at least these will be more acceptable.  The back seam on the jodphur boots werent right either. I will keep them for my own use.

Cheers

You can't go wrong with TK Boots!

12 hours ago, sharkbait said:

You can't go wrong with TK Boots!

It's a real shame they're out of business. :(

Imperial Boots is the biggest game in town, now.  Good boots... but I miss TK Boots.  They were slightly better, IMO.

But many Chelsea boots will be just fine, once painted white.  Your GML can answer, if there's any question.  And they're the one who needs to approve them, so definitely the place to ask.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kman said:

It's a real shame they're out of business. :(

Imperial Boots is the biggest game in town, now.  Good boots... but I miss TK Boots.  They were slightly better, IMO.

But many Chelsea boots will be just fine, once painted white.  Your GML can answer, if there's any question.  And they're the one who needs to approve them, so definitely the place to ask.

Totally agreed- I miss TK Boots, but at least we have IB, because they're quite good.  Realistically hard to beat the gold standard set by TK Boots, regardless.  

Seconding asking your GML- it will ultimately be up to him, though asking here for pre-approval is also advised.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stegosaurus said:

I just looked and saw that TK Boots is still there, and still selling boots. 

They're selling off the last of their stock, so yes, they exist, but in limited capacity.  But if you find your size, snag it!  They're great stuff, I wish I had bought a second pair when I had the chance.  

4 hours ago, Stegosaurus said:

I just looked and saw that TK Boots is still there, and still selling boots. 

I just emailed TK Boots too and this was their response....

"

I'm very sorry, but it looks as though we're shutting down TK Boots. We're still building armor, but even that may die-out soon.
There are simply too many low quality builder flooding the 501st."

Edited by mikidymac