MakeNoiseMan Requesting Pre-Approval Review (AP)

MakeNoiseMan

Hi everybody! 

First/last name: Brendan May

Future Garrison/Squad: Canadian Garrison, Vindicator Squad

Armour maker: Authentic Props

Helmet maker: Authentic Props

Cloth belt maker: Authentic Props

Neck seal maker: Geeky Pink Gaskets

Boot maker: Imperial Boots

Blaster maker: Quest Design Canada

Electronics: Ukswrath's Hearing Assist and Hovi-Tip Mics, Aker amp w/iComm, Henry's Helmet Fans

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 195lbs
TK type: ANH Stunt

Troopers who significantly helped with my build: Bud Spaklur, gmrhodes13justjoseph63wook1138, CableGuy, ABS80, Frank75139, TheSwede, Scimitar, and Dan (TK2759), my IRL TK consultant! Thanks also to everyone who chimed in for support and encouragement along the way. :-D

Front view:

USYVuk8.jpg

Back view:

Yany0JL.jpg

Left side:

PgYm5Ea.jpg

Right side:

oFoaRoy.jpg

Ab plate close-up:

pFpvzk7.jpg

Helmet close-up:

UrXBzSv.jpg

Y8T82ay.jpg

rf80kNX.jpg

BCjODJT.jpg

Helmet interior:

WGo1Ewz.jpg

Interior strapping:

B3uCbiJ.jpg

Thermal detonator:

8RClXYG.jpg

Latex handguards:

C3oWa53.jpg

aUl8dPK.jpg

Action shot:

xR5LuIf.jpg

Bucket-less shot:

tZVGMQm.jpg

Thanks for your time, everyone!!

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
accidental double photo post
  • Like 3

Looks like someone is aiming for the higher approval levels.

Belt could be a tad higher (top should almost touch the bottom button on the ab panel) and you may want to rotate your shoulders so the front (vs. back or ideally both) has less black showing between the chest and bells.

But really, I see nothing holding you up for basic approval, good luck and see you at Centurion. ;)

• Like 1

Bad news/good news,, Brendan.   The bad news is that you will have to wait a bit... as you may be aware basic approvals are on hold until after the elections.  The good news is that you should have no problems getting there, and that TK number will be yours before you know it!  As we used to say in the service it's a case of "hurry up and wait".

There are a few minor issues to go over  if when you get ready to apply for EI and then Centurion but nothing major by any means, and I know you have some mad skills so I have every confidence in you!  Great job, sir!  :salute:

• Like 2

Great job, Brendan!  Easy pass. 

I can't lie, waiting for that TK ID is going to be painful. ;)  I applied at this exact same time of the year - but I didn't realize the elections would delay the review.  I was checking for updates almost hourly for about two weeks. :P

• Like 1

:duim:  Nice work mate, as others have said can’t see much that would hold you up for basic, great work. The wait is going to suck, it will give you some time to study EI and centurion requirements, if you get through those have a read of the 501st troopers survival guide.Will be anxiety awaiting your approval news, good luck 

• Like 1

Looking great!  Easy basic pass.  As mentioned above, I'd pull the belt up so it's right under the ab buttons.  Otherwise, I'm sure there's like some minor tweaks for EIB/Centurion (which you're obviously aiming for- good luck!), but nothing specific is jumping out at me at the moment.  

Nice job on the interior of your helmet.  I like the design and the black (gotta go black on the inside- you can get away with lighter tinted lenses and people still can't see your eyes with camera flashes, etc.  Plus it looks cool).  

• Like 1

Thanks so much, everyone!!

I don't mind the wait. Gives me time to make fixes! This morning I relocated my ab snaps to raise the belt a smidge.

LlLlZpS.jpg

(the picture is in a mirror so it appears reversed, haha.)

Thanks for your feedback and encouragement! :-D

Edited by MakeNoiseMan
clarity

MUCH better, and the thigh placement looks better as well.  Should make it easier to move, and will get rid of that "clicking" sound I assume you have when you walk.

yNUNOtF.jpg?1   3UQ1oGC.jpg?1

• Like 2

Looking great! Get that Centurion approval in sooner than later!

One tiny little thing I noticed is the fitment of your forearms. The cover strips should line up with those of your biceps. Some extra padding will keep them from rotating like they appear to be doing. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had every faith in you, Brendan, and congrats!! :salute:

I see that you have already applied for Legion access, (perfect) and I hope to continue seeing you around the boards using those mad build skills you have now to help those that need it.  "Troopers helping Troopers"!!

Next up, EI :duim:

• Like 1

Thanks so much, everyone!! The whole process has been such a blast. And this is really only the beginning!

Looking forward to meeting lots of you at troops/cons, and everyone else I'll be seeing you around the forums. :D Time to take a crack at EIB!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...