CoatHanger's Troop Log

CoatHanger

Troop #1

Golden Triangle ComiCon

Date: August 18, 2018

Type:  Small comicon

Participants: 2 Deathtroopers, 1 TIE Reserve, 1 TK

Troop Notes: First official troop! And I trooped with husband, which was one of the reasons we wanted to join the 501st.   The power went out for over an hour, making for a very hot indoor troop.  Really enjoyed the faces on the kids and adults alike, and smiled with every picture.

Armor Notes:  Left shin drifting, despite the stirrup.   Lots of visibility issues with my helmet sitting really high.

q8SycXk.jpg

eDDC4Q2.jpg

xNDFetq.jpg

Edited by CoatHanger

Congratulations on your first troop, that smile says it all, well done trooper, here's to many more :salute:

• Like 1

Troop #2

Ridge-Con

Date: September 15, 2018

Type: Small comic-con at local library

Participants: Darth Vader, Emperor, 1 Tusken Raider, 2 TKs, 1 TIE Pilot

Troop Notes:  Most of the attendees were teenagers there for the different table games being taught/played.  Not a lot of interest in the 501st members.  But, we were set up directly across from a saxophone player, so lots of good jazzy tunes to keep us occupied.

Armor Notes: Helmet sits a ton better with my E-11 in the holster, which pulls all of my body armor down.  Now to figure out how to recreate that.

WsojpjU.jpg

zj9RmkX.jpg

Congrats on your first troops!  You'll work out the kinks as you keep trooping.  They're always be something to tweak, but that's part of the fun!  Once you find that sweet spot trooping is extra enjoyable.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CoatHanger said:

Lots of visibility issues with my helmet sitting really high.

Congrats on your first two troops, Lindsey!   :duim:   As long as you put a few smiles on faces, that's really what counts!  Your bucket looks to be pretty level, but do you have any padding in the top?  If so, removing that may help bring it down a bit and give you a better line of sight.

Congrats on your first two troops, Lindsey!   :duim:   As long as you put a few smiles on faces, that's really what counts!  Your bucket looks to be pretty level, but do you have any padding in the top?  If so, removing that may help bring it down a bit and give you a better line of sight.

I have tactical padding in the helmet, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem. It’s really more of a short neck plus shoulders riding high issue. When I wore me E-11 in my holster, it weighted down my body armor, and the helmet sat much better.

So now I need to figure out how to make that happen all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Troop #3

Mother-Son Star Wars Night

Date: March 22, 2019

Type: Indoor Star Wars Event

Participants: Vader, XWing Pilot

Troop Notes: Super fun troop! This was a public event organized as a date night for mothers and sons, ages 3 to 10. The venue was decorated in SW theme, the played the Imperial March as we walked out through a fog machine, and about 50 little boys with light sabers had a night to remember.

Armor Notes: I had just finished reworking my thighs the night before and had some technical difficulties with my armor pack, so I will need to reattach it before the next troop. Also, had a Chicago screw come undone from my holster. But, overall I’m very pleased with the mods I’ve been making on my armor.

cee261o.jpg

CHPh4YK.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CoatHanger
  • Like 1

Troop #5

Hal & Mal's St Paddy's Day Parade

Date: March 23, 2019

Type: Outdoor parade

Participants: Vader, Boba Fett, 4 Clone Troopers, 3 TIE Reserves, 2 TKs, 1 DeathTrooper, 1 ScoutTrooper, 2 Legacy TKs

Troop Notes: Beautiful weather for a parade!  We participated in the City Sweep, walking the parade route immediately prior to help collect money for the Children's Hospital.  Tons of people, tons of kids.  Lots of smiles and pictures. 

Armor Notes: Two plus miles of walking, and everything did amazingly well. Still fighting that left shin twisting (with a stirrup AND velcro).  Had to do a quick fix on my ammo pack from the troop yesterday, not up to CRL standards, but I'm the only one who knew. I'll get a permanent fix done asap.

R9o3DL2.jpg

lcbzfe3.jpg

8HpDQWZ.jpg

WcNFU0Y.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beware the leprechaun they call “Yoda” - there’s not pot of gold with him lol. Beautiful work trooper, that looks like it was a great parade with some epic memories!

• Like 1