Sign in to follow this  
Kevin037

New Member from Gibsonia PA.

Hello everyone my name is Kevin and so excited to be a part of this group. I have never used a forum before so please bear with me.

I'm currently a cadet with the newly approved Starkiller Garrison from PGH and the surrounding area.   I'm working on ANH stunt TK build from Walt's Trooper Factory (WTF).

Not too much left to do on the build.  All my soft goods are here along with my husky tote ready to go. 

I would however be interested in getting fans and a microphone/amp system with static burst when i save up a little more.  I'm guessing I'll find it here somewhere.

I do have a question not sure this is the right area to post this but anyway.  What do you recommend that I keep in my tote as far as emergency stuff like Velcro, white duct tape etc.  Whats in your tote?

Thanks for all your help and look forward to hopefully meeting some of you one day.  Who know we maybe we will be or are  in the same Garrison.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forums, a couple of things that may be of use.

Many of us use an Aker amp 1506 with an Icomm static burst unit, the Aker you can find on eBay for @ $35 and the Icomm online

Fans Tony (ukswrath) has a nice setup for sale here

I use a large hard plastic suit case for my kit and a motorcycle helmet bag, I find the suit case is easier to transport and especially for troops you have to take your bags upstairs. I did first purchase a large Stanley box but found it very hard to transport and take upstairs.

Hopefully you'll start a build thread here on the forums, it's a great way of getting feedback on how your build is progressing, good luck.

Hi Kevin and welcome to the FISD.

Once your build is finished, you can post pictures in a pre-approval thread to have the staff checking your suit.

For the microphone/amp system I would suggest the AKER voice amp, a small and compact solution, that can be enhanced with the iComm to add the static bursts.

Edit: Q was faster ;)

Emergency stuff for your tote could be things like CA glue, white electrical tape, spare batteries and so on.

Edited by T-Jay

Welcome. Be sure to read the the “Getting Started” section, as it has lots of useful information on things like Trooping for the first time and keeping your armor clean, as well as all the other helpful stuff that you will find here on the forums. Have fun finishing your build. Looking forward to seeing your approval go through.

Welcome aboard. You said that there was not much left to do on your TK build.

That's good that you decided to tackle the project yourself.

It might be a good idea to post some pics of what you have done so far.

People on this forum will let you know when you've done a great job on some parts .

Also, they will give you suggestions on how to better some other parts of your build if they notice something. 

People here are very helpful and happy to be help as well.

Your idea of getting some fans for your bucket is almost a must have, especially when the summer arrives.

Without them , the rest of the world can look as if you are looking thru a kaleidoscope. 

Anyway, best of luck with the remainder of your build. 

Welcome aboard from a fellow PA TK.
I have a large Husky tote with wheels. As said before its big and it does need to be carried up stairs but I don’t find it heavy. My helmet and all fits in there. I carry a backpack with all my electronics in it Aker amp and Icomm plus all the charge cords. I also carry everything I’ve used for the build I had extra velcro, screws, glue, nylon, snaps, magnets, paint, etc. I figure I’m not gonna trash any of it so might as well keep it together. I also added white duct tape just in case. I do carry spare ABS which is in the tote, again I like to keep everything together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Kevin!!!  Off to a great start already. For your tote emergency pack I would recommend having some super glue or quick drying epoxy. For some reason my hand guards always start to peel off from the rubber gloves near the edges so super glue helps re-attach them when I need a quick fix. I always have spare velcro just in case too and some good white/black duct tape just to use on the inside of the armor if I see a crack starting to form. Its a temporary fix until I can properly repair. More or less piece of mind.Hope that helps. 

For Q&A, start a build thread and ask away! This way your questions will be centralized and not spread out over different topic areas. 

Good luck! 

Welcome to the FISD my brother from Western PA! Glad to see you make it to the boards. You already have a TON of great info from my fellow troopers! Remember to ask tons of questions, and post plenty of photos. Best of Luck on your adventure Trooper!

Welcome!  

That's a good question- I keep an assortment of stuff in my bins.  I keep a few different things in each one depending on the costume, but a few things are constant. 

My TK bin has:

White duct tape (obviously)

Black electrical and/or duct or similar tape

White electrical tape

A utility knife

Spare batteries (I use 9V for my fans, so I have a box of those)

A spare charge cord (for an Aker; I have phone chargers that live in my car)

A shammy cloth/other soft cloth

Plexus and/or CanDo and/or quick polish (a mini can for space; the big can is in the garage)

Trading cards (a full set in each bin)

Silver sharpie to sign trading cards (I always use silver to sign)

Patch/coin trade stash (it moves from bin to bin depending on what I'm wearing that troop)

Zip ties

An assortment of painkillers/Tylenol/Aleve/Excedrin/your drug of choice

Most of those fit in the pull out, and the rest (that I use less) are in a zip travel bag stashed at the bottom of the bin.  Keep in mind that your tape, etc., can also help someone else out, too.  I don't expect to have everything everybody and every costume would need for a quick fix, but having both white and black tape options goes a long way.

Welcome Kevin!

we have a pre-approval program if you’re interested.  Prior to submitting your pics to your GML, you can have our detachment staff review your costume for L1 approval.  And we can offer suggestions on how to enhance it for L2 or L3 if you wish to go down that route.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

Welcome aboard.

Hello and Welcome to FISD

all info and link are provided. Start your research and post your build thread

Welcome to FISD Kevin. Yes, read the information sent by the others it is all good information to follow. Good luck.

Welcome to FISD Kevin.