Thermal Detonator

Kevin037

28 minutes ago, repentance3232 said:

A friend told me to do this, I haven't got to this point yet in my build, but will be doing this!!!!!3d224adcd2e946379acc80f1392e4e5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, this Velcro is the way to go.

Well I will go against the current and say it’s not necessary unless you try to put it on with a stabbing motion. To me that it doesen’t look good - buuuut totally up to everyone to decide for themselves:duim:

5 hours ago, repentance3232 said:

A friend told me to do this, I haven't got to this point yet in my build, but will be doing this!!!!!3d224adcd2e946379acc80f1392e4e5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is the method I use as well.

4 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Well I will go against the current and say it’s not necessary unless you try to put it on with a stabbing motion. To me that it doesen’t look good - buuuut totally up to everyone to decide for themselves:duim:

The issue isn't a stabbing motion, it's sharp metal against soft plastic.  Even if you're careful putting it on and off (and no one ever assists with this... which is quite common), just wearing the belt and moving around is going to mark up your plastic.  The soft side Velcro is an extremely easy way to help reduce the damage (doesn't eliminate it entirely).  It's not visible at all once you're wearing it.

I wrap silver duct tape around mine just to stop it scratching, still looks like metal in color.