Heavier Trooper here needs help

ramza301

Hello, I am building a TK Commander and have run into a few problems due to my size.  I am 6'1" 300lbs, pretty thick. I've had to make everything bigger to fit my upper arms and thick thighs. I'm sure I'm not the only bigger sized trooper out here. Some things don't really line up the way they should. I was hoping for some advise and or some direction to other builds that could help out with my build. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hello Ramiro,

If you can post some pictures here, it would help us to make a diagnosis more effectively.

About posting pictures on FISD forum:

• Like 1

Not to worry, Ramiro.  There are TK's (even TKCs) of all sizes, and we can help you get approved, brother!  

The front of your armor actually looks as if it fits pretty well, but it appears as if the back plate could come down quite a bit.  Ideally, it should not overlap the kidney as it does now, though.  If you drop it down a bit, that would help you better align the kidney and ab plates.  You may even be able to trim down the top of the kidney if needed.

Shims are always an option, but are not required for basic approval.

Note that for basic approval for TKC the chest, back, ab and kidney must each have a flexible white U shaped gasket around them and that the posterior (butt) plate and kidney must be one piece.

Keep posting up pics as you progress, follow the CRL as closely as possible, and know that we are here to help!

bMH8SHV.jpg

• Like 1

Hi mate I posted some info in the other thread you posted in, here it is again in case you missed it:

No you can't have that on an angle, the kidney plate and also the butt plate is sitting too high and needs to come down it shouldn't be overlapped by the backplate, this would help with the angle, but if you brought it down far enough to align with the ab section you may find you end up with a big gap between the kidney and backplate, you may have to add some shim material to the back plate to reduce this gap, but I'd try bringing it down to see exactly what gap there would be first.

Here are a few threads on adding shims to kidney/ab which may be of help

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30448-adding-kidney-shims-for-larger-troopers/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29077-adding-the-kidney-shim-not-bad-but/

For level 3 you would have to blend in the join lines too, here is a how to make abs paste

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42866-how-to-make-abs-paste/

Pinched this from another build to show how the sides should align

TK%20167%20lo-res.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lovin the progress!

Don't forget that kidney and buttplate get fused together. Looks like you removed all return edge in preparation for white U channel rubber. Good!

Helmet is looking good. I like that shade of blue.

Keep at it Future Commander!:duim:

Ok quick question. How did you guys fuse the butt and kidney plates together? I was thinking of gluing some abs strips to the inside then filling the outer seam with abs paste. Just thinking that, that might crack in time with wear and tear. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You're on the right track with strip. However you do it make sure it's fused across the whole seam. Not just a couple of spots. I'd skip the abs paste idea. Just butt edges up tight and that should be fine. The belt should cover seam anyway.

I lucked out for mine. WTF comes fused together.

6 hours ago, magni said:

You're on the right track with strip. However you do it make sure it's fused across the whole seam. Not just a couple of spots. I'd skip the abs paste idea. Just butt edges up tight and that should be fine. The belt should cover seam anyway.

Second what Randy said. I did the same with my TK Shock Trooper conversion.