tsongololo

Greetings from California!

Hello -

I haven’t been posting on any forums for over a decade, but have been lurking here for several months.

My name is Jennifer, and my decision to actually build a stormtrooper costume got started maybe 15 years ago when I had a dream I was in a costume shop and found a stormtrooper kit. I woke up pretty excited and *knew* I MUST DO IT. Of course the excitement waned after a week or so, but then I’ve had the same recurring dream a few times since then, waking up with the same amount of drive... I’m old enough to have seen ROTJ in the theater when it first came out. Mom thought I was too young to see ANH. I am a mechanic, just not for cars. 

Right now I’m working on a RO Black Series helmet, using the CRL...might as well use Centurion level criteria for reference. I have a few detail questions I’ll post in the RO thread later.

I also got an armor kit on craigslist...I hopefully scored big time with it. It came with an RS Propmasters certificate, and the smaller parts also have RS tags. The cert name matched to the seller, so I’m assuming it’s legit. However, since it doesn’t match the helmet, I’m wondering what advice you all can offer. I’m guessing it would be a bit of a shame (and a *lot* of work) to modify it to RO standards. I’m also not very tall at 5’4” and not sure how easy that kit is to fit. What would you do? Keep the armor and replace the helmet, or go with the helmet and maybe trade out for RO armor? I haven’t seen very much about RO kits. Or just  modify the kit I have?

Thanks everyone.

Welcome long time lurker, first time poster. RO armor is similar put pretty unique in certain aspects. The ab area is probably the largest first noticeable area with the most differences. I think you are probably correct in posting up pics of your armor in the RO section it's current status and seeing if anyone had modded one to work. Good luck, we are here for you and again, welcome!

Welcome to the TRUE home of the White armor! I am interested to see this build. The difference in the OT armor and the RO armor is pretty significant in the build. Its much like the tanker trooper armor build that I have sitting on my floor right now lol. Get your build thread going and post as many pics as you can, ask for help, and you shall find it. Just a quick heads up, when posting pics here, use Imgur or another like host to post photos. the forum alone cannot hold that many photos, so posting the direct link to the thread helps everyone see what you have without having to follow any links

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Jennifer! 

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.  The RO armour is probably different enough that a mod would be pretty tough - and the RO helmet will not work with the OT RS suit.  You would be best to pick up a new helmet, IMO.  But, as mentioned above, check out the RO section for advice from the experts.

There are a few builds here for shorter troopers.  Look up Cricket's builds - she has become the go to for sizing down TK armour.  Here is a link to her RS build.

There is also this detailed build that is currently active:

There is more reference material and builds for the original trilogy TKs and you already have the armour.  I think you will be a stormtrooper more quickly going the OT route.  But, at the end of the day, build what you want.  And have fun with it!

Edited by wook1138

Welcome!  You've taken your first step into a larger world!  Hahaha.  What part of CA are you in?  If you're anywhere near the Fresno area, we'll have to meet up!  Regardless, I highly suggest reaching out to your local Garrison (and/or Squad) members- these are the guys you'll be trooping with, so you might as well meet them now!  They can offer advise, give you insight as to how they work as a unit, and you can start handling, too.  Handlers (non-costumed helpers) are invaluable to troopers, and a great way to meet people and check out everyone else's costumes up close.  There's nothing quite like seeing things in the flesh.   And it's a lot of fun.  

The RO TKs are quite different from OTs, once you really get into them.  At first glance, they don't look too different, but when you really look with a trained eye there's hardly anything that's the same, from angles on the armor, to the shoulder bridges, to the helmet, there's just a lot of little details that add up.  There are still options, of course, so don't give up on that dream just yet.  

You've got it right to read up on Centurion- even if you don't decide to go that route (I highly recommend it, and encourage it), you're aiming for the top so you'll solidly land in the "easy basic pass" territory if you keep it up.  You're also in the right place on the forums- there's tons of build threads, answers, and people willing to help out.  Check out not only the build threads (the base assembly of a TK is much the same for all incarnations, it's the details that often come later that make the differences), the approved EIB and Centurion applications for close up photos and references, and there's at least one or two threads for female-specific challenges and how to deal with them (height, thighs, hips, etc.)

Good luck, and ask all the questions!

• Like 1

Hello Jennifer,

Welcome to FISD!

1 hour ago, tsongololo said:

What would you do?

I would not convert it to RO so if my heart was set on RO armour I would sell it and buy armour specific for RO, you can find vendors here :duim:

But….it´s your armor and if you´re up for the challenge everyone here will help as much as possible - welcome to FISD:salute:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

I would not convert it to RO so if my heart was set on RO armour I would sell it and buy armour specific for RO, you can find vendors here :duim:

But….it´s your armor and if you´re up for the challenge everyone here will help as much as possible - welcome to FISD:salute:

This is also what I'd do- but also, as @TheSwede said, it is yours and up to you!  Regardless of your choice, your brothers and sisters in white armor are here to help!

Hello Jennifer, welcome to the FISD.

As others have already said, I would go for a new RS helmet to complete the suit you already have.

Enjoy your TK journey :smiley-sw013: and contact your local garrison. The earlier, the better.

Hello and welcome aboard, definitely have a read through the build sections, lots of info there to follow, good luck with the build.

Welcome to the FISD. Good luck with your build. 

Hi Jennifer and welcome to the FISD!  Enjoy your time and good luck with your build!

Welcome to the FISD Jennifer. You are getting loads of great information here. Take your time on your journey and ask plenty of questions. Good Luck! :salute:

Welcome and good luck with your build. We will be here to help you when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well....there’s not much of a forum at the GGG’s website. Any North Bay squad members active here?

I would be interested in helping out as a handler too, if there is much of a need for volunteers in that capacity -

I did start a thread in the Roge One builds section. Right now I’m more or less ready to start the “reassembly” part of my helmet build. The deconstruction and R&D phase is over (hopefully). I still have a few minor questions over in the build thread. I definitely want to do a RO armor build, and ideally would be able to trade or sell/buy. But it seems like the most affordable option would be to get an OT helmet. Which leads to my next question: does anyone make an acceptable helmet (that would be okay with the RS kit) that is on the smaller side?

I’m rather attached to my current helmet. Is it possible that helmet 2.0 will be just as good, if not better? ;)

Thanks all -

Jennifer

Maybe WTF, but the shades of white won’t match.

Can’t say much more the what’s been said but honestly, what took you so long! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk